HMF Playing Monopoly: Game 2

I’ll start the game tomorrow even if we just have 4 players. 4 is a good number at least.

OK, the game is about to start. So here are the rules to know about:

#1: Monopoly Party Rule: This is inspired from the PS2 Monopoly game. In a Party game, players do not take turns one after another, but rather have their turns happen simulatenously in each round. The purpose of doing this in this forum game is so that the game doesn’t stop for just 1 person, but for everyone to resolve whatever decision that has been encountered.

If 2 players land on the same unnowned property in the same round, they will auction the property against each other. The double dice rule is also in play, so in one round if a player rolls 3 doubles, land on 2 unnowned properties and go to Jail, they will be able to purchase either property.

#2: Auctioning: To again speed up the game, if a player lands on a property that is unnowned and decides to not buy it, the property will go immedietly to auction to the remaining 3 players. Players must bid in incriments of at least $25. Players must opt out if they do not wish to bid for the property.

#3: Leftover Auction: When the game has 3 or less properties, they will be sent to auction between all players. Again, this is to speed up the game and get rid of the last orphaned properties.

#4: Trading and Negotiating: Players may trade with each other at any time. You may trade within this thread, or via PM with the person you are negotiating with. If you trade through PM, make sure to include me in the PMs so that I can verify any trades. You can cash sums, properties, or Get Out of Jail Free Cards. If a player owes another player money, the player can demand something else in return. Say if a player lands on Park Place with a hotel and owes another player $1000, they may instead ask for properties to settle the debt instead.

#5: Free Parking Rule: How can we not include it? All taxes and fines incurred by Chance Cards, Community Chest Cards or the relevant spaces on the board will feed towards the Free Parking Jackpot. Whoever lands on Free Parking will claim the Jackpot. If 2 players in the same round land on Free Parking, the Jackpot is split between them.

#6: Normal Jail: Due to my own confusion, Jail will act as it does in the rule book. If you land in Jail, you have 3 attempts to escape by rolling a double, OR you may pay a $50 fine before rolling to leave.

#7: Atlantic City Board: This game uses the classic Atlantic City Board, and all the regular Chance and Community Chest cards that accompany it.

Right, I hope you guys have fun. I also hope you like bigger emphasis on images, to avoid my posts looking like blocks of text. Here we go.

Round 1

Player 1: Nazareth’s turn. Nazareth rolls a

Nazareth lands on Chance. Nazareth draws a Chance card. The Chance card reads:

“Pay poor tax of $15.”

Nazareth: $1500 - $15 = $1485. Free Parking Jackpot: $0 + $15 = $15.

Player 2: Jacques_Shadows rolls a

Jacques lands on Oriental Avenue. Jacques rolled a double, so he gets to roll again. Jacques rolls a

Jacques lands on Pennslyvania Railroad. @Jacques_Shadow Would you like to purchase Oriental Avenue for $100 and/or Pennslyvania Railroad for $200?

Player 3: EricTheAussie rolls a

Eric lands on Chance. Eric draws a Chance card. The Chance cards reads:

“Advance to St. Charles Place. If you pass Go, collect $200.”

Eric moves to St. Charles Place. @EricTheAussie would you like to purchase St. Charles Place for $140?

Player 4: DaZucc rolls a

DaZucc lands on Connecticut Avenue. @DaZucc would you like to buy Connecticut Avenue for $120?

End of Round 1.

Hell yeah I’ll buy it

Cool, I’ll update the game when everyone has replied. This game will be a slow burn, this is to be played gradually.

Will definitely purchase both Pennsylvania Railroad and Oriental Avenue

Is there still room for one more capitalist swine?

I’ll buy Connecticut Avenue, definitely.

@SeanBernowicz Sure I’ll let you join. I’m also willing to let one more player join as well, I think 6 players is a good max number.

Jacques buys Oriental Avenue and Pennslyvania Avenue. $1500 - $300 = $1200.

Eric buys St. Charles Place. $1500 - $140 = $1360.

DaZucc buys Connecticut Avenue. $1500 - $120 = $1380.

Round 2

Player 1: Nazareth rolls a

Nazareth lands on States Avenue. @Nazareth would you like to buy States Avenue for $140?

Player 2: Jacques_Shadow’s rolls a

Jacques lands on Free Parking. Jacques wins the Free Parking Jackpot. Jacques: $1200 + $15 = $1215.

Eric lands on Community Chest. Eric draws a Community Chest card. It reads:

“Grand opera opening. Collect $50 from every player for opening night seats.”

Nazareth: $1485 - $50 = $1435. Jacques: $1215 - $50 = $1165. DaZucc: $1380 - $50 = $1330. SeanBernowicz: $1500 - $50 = $1450.

Eric: $1360 + $200 = $1560.

DaZucc lands on Pennslyvania Avenue. DaZucc pays Jacques $25 for a train ticket. DaZucc: $1330 - $25 = $1305. Jacques: $1165 + $25 = $1190.

Player 5: SeanBernowicz goes twice due to joining late. Sean rolls a

Sean lands on Income Tax. Sean pays $200. Sean: $1450 - $200 = $1250. Free Parking Jackpot: $0 + $200 = $200.

Sean goes again, and rolls a

Sean lands on Chance. Sean draws a Chance card. The card reads:

“Take a walk on the Boardwalk. Advance token to Boardwalk.”

@SeanBernowicz would you like to buy Boardwalk for $400?

Haha eat a dick motherfuckersss

Reeling in those dollarydoos at the expense of others. This is why monopoly is a top tier game

I’ll buy state’s ave.

I will buy boardwalk

This is why monopoly ruins friendships!

Round 3

Player 1: Nazareth rolls a

Nazareth lands on Kentucky Avenue. @Nazareth would you like to buy Kentucky Avenue for $220?

Player 2: Jacques_Shadow’s turn. Jacques rolls a

Jacques goes to Jail. He does not pass Go, he does not collect $200. @Jacques_Shadow do you wish to pay the $50 fine or would you like to attempt to roll a double on your next turn?

Eric lands on Marvin Gardens. Because he rolled a double, Eric gets to roll again. He rolls a

Eric lands on Boardwalk. Eric rents a room for $50. Eric: $1560 - $50 = $1510. Sean: $850 + $50 = $900.

@EricTheAussie would you like to purchase Marvin Gardens for $280?

DaZucc lands on Free Parking and wins the Free Parking Jackpot. DaZucc: $1305 + $200 = $1505.

Player 5: Sean rolls a

Sean lands on Baltic Avenue. Sean passes Go and collects $200. Sean: $900 + $200 = $1100. @SeanBernowicz would you like to buy Baltic Avenue for $60?

I will absolutely buy Baltic Avenue for 60$

Kentucky Ave? I’ll take it!

GIVE
ME
MARVIN
GARDENS

Everyone’s like I’ll buy this property…
Meanwhile, I’ll pay the fine to get out of jail