How are you going to approach Hitman lll?

Personally I would’ve preferred if the game was episodic like 2016 to take my time with each map and not worry about rushing or spoilers. But now that it’s going to be full game, how are you going to approach? Play each map once then move on to the next? Reaching mastery 20 then moving? Learning the map 100% (even after reaching mastery 20) then moving on? Personally I am going to spend at least 5 days on each map before moving on to the next.

Well first I will play all the missions fast to see how the story ends. After that I will focus on achieving silent assassin on each mission and once I done all this its time for the challenges.

Here is a funny story:
When Hitman 2 came out I was dating a girl and it was somewhere near release date. I told her I needed to be 3 days alone to play good this game because it has a lot of meaning for me.
Well I did what I said I’ll do and I guess she tough my priority weren’t straight with her and our relationship ended over the phone.
If I could go back I would f**** do it again

25 Likes

Probably the same as I’ve always done - play through the storyline, then 100% the game, and finally have a little bit of fun with community stuff; mostly from Frote’s Speedrun Community Discord. If there’s post launch content then I’ll disable some HUD stuff for that only as well, then switch it back on for my usual liking.

1 Like

She had the audacity to break up with you over the phone… Because of something your passionate about… What were HER priorities exactly?

5 Likes

I don’t know, I don’t care :tipping_hand_man: it wasn’t meant to be any way.
Staying on topic. What about you? How are you going to play? Console or pc? I will be buying it on the PS5 that’s for sure and there will be lot’s of redbul with whiskey :thinking:

3 Likes

Definitely PS5 and I will probably play every level first till the end, then do the classic challenges in each level, then the rest of the challenges.

1 Like

I had planned on doing every level once and then coming back to see how the ending affects how I see things but this idea has potential. I don’t think I’ll take quite so long but the idea of teasing it out, being thorough before moving on to the next bite does have an appeal.

Either way, if you hear screaming in the distance you’ll know I’ve reached the ending.

I will replay the story completely for Hitman and Hitman 2, then I’ll play each level slowly, figure stuff out, probably play a new level after 1 - 2 days. I always explore for ages, find stuff, killing targets is at the back of my mind when going to a new location.

2 Likes

I’m a sucker for the story. I always want to know how it ends, so I usually play through once not even worrying about SA. I don’t go on casual and shoot everyone, just play on Pro and try to be professional, without caring if I have eliminate a couple people on the way to accomplishing my mission. It’s a very role play playing type approach. This way I can find out what happens and still enjoy the maps. Then I go back on Master and try to SA every level. Then I go again on Master and SA/SO (sa/so is not my fav way to play. It’s a fun challenge that I enjoy doing, but i more enjoy actually being 47 and in my head he would use costumes to get the job done.)

I have considered going master SA on the firsr run this time though, and every time I play I lean more towards that for S3. In any case I’ll be taking a day or two off work so I can bum out and just enjoy the game.

3 Likes

This formula: Play through the levels till I get a SA ranking (probably) then move onto the next, up until I finish the game see the ending.

I recall playing H2… And, in Miami for example, how much time it took to get familiar with the level. I spent hours just wondering around the place in order to not feel completely lost. Mumbai and Isle of S’gail had those same effects. But each one subsequently less.

But playing each mission for a week or more might be an interesting… experiment? It’d definitely take some will-power. Like (finally) watching a certain show on Netflix that has multiple seasons. Sure, one could have a marathon watch session, or take each one week by week.

1 Like

The month leading up to release I’m gonna try to play through S1 and S2 again probably SASO no KO, trying as close to how I think 47 would’ve completed the contract.

Then for H3 I’m gonna turn off all the HUD and hints; get a few hours to myself and just explore each level, soaking up as much detail and dialogue as I can before I complete the mission. So I’ll spend roughly 4 hours per mission probably over the course of a week of so.

You only get a first playthrough once and it’s only new to you once so might as well enjoy it :man_shrugging: (also will definitely buy a case of beer just before release day)

4 Likes

Everyone on HMF: H3 is like a fine wine, you must take your time and enjoy each sip

badeaguard:

16 Likes

Like I did for H2016 and H2. I’ll start with the first mission of H3 and play it till I obtain a SA score and achieve mastery level 20. Next I’ll move to the second mission of H3, find a way to get SA and so on. I’ll probably play some H2016 and H2 missions between them to chill. When the game is completed, I’ll move on to SA/SO runs and finish with Master SA/SO difficulty. Finally, completing 100% the game and enjoying it like I still do with Hitman games (BM, Abs, 2016, H2) :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :grinning:

I usually try to do each map without HUD, instinct and such stuff and try to get SA. After that I turn on what I have usually and do mastery.

2 Likes

I will be playing H2016 and H2 again until the release of H3. Then I’ll try to finish every challenge of the first map until I go to the next one. Never tried a new map without HUD or hints, so that would be a nice challenge.

That’d be my plan as well. Though I may look into the Mastery rewards of the level I’m currently playing and if there’s a particular item I want continue with that level.

1 Like

Same as most here I see, first thru the story without rushing but indeed also not fooling around. Then replay the coolest missions/get to know maps and explore every corner. The gooing for max lvl on all maps… Then randomly olay missions to my hearts content…

I’m going to try at least one mission sniper assasin on my first try, seems like a unique challenge

First I will play every mission once with the default loadout, SA is mandatory. After that I will subtly explore every map trying to find as many kill possibilities as I can without looking at the challenges. At this point I’ll be likely to fuck up a lot so I will use saves quite often. When I get to know the maps better I will use them less and eventually stop using them at all.

I hope this time I will not completely spoil some maps to myself in advance.

2 Likes

I will play it in episodic fashion completing 1 level at a time until I am bored and move on to the next and I will try and not use the forum for a little while which I can tell you now will be a lie.

Last 2 games I really think checking out the forum spoiled a lot of the game for me. But I couldn’t help myself.

1 Like