How are you playing Hitman now?

I’ve got 5 H2 escalations to complete, which I am completing right now and some remaining challenges but mostly just do SA SO playthroughs nowadays.

7 Likes

I’m really just playing it when something new drops each week, then once I finish that I shut it down and move onto something else.

After playing H1 (and H2) consistently for so long since March 2016, I just feel burned out and don’t really get as much enjoyment replaying content for fun as I used to.

7 Likes

I often play each title as they come out, with the current trilogy I have played all three games back to back after the H3 conclusion. I have kept myself engage with Elusive Targets and every now and then some Escalation contracts. I don’t play Hitman like I did in the early days of the franchise, where I would replay my favourite missions. I often replay the hole campaign and play some of the bonus missions set outside the main narrative.

I have plans to replay all games again from C47 to H3, but balancing work, girlfriend, workouts, gaming and normal life means that I simply don’t have the time to play Hitman as I use to.

14 Likes

Story of our lives!!! Sometimes I’d trade anything just to have 2 consecutive days off while my wife was on a trip so I could plug in and play all I wanted. As it is I probably get less than 4 hours to play each week and often it’s in really small pieces such as turning on COD for only 1 match or turning on Hitman and having to save after 15 min and load up again tomorrow.

7 Likes

I got the first HITMAN in 2016 when it originally came out, and played though all episodes. I greatly enjoyed it, but then i somehow forgot about it and passed to other games.

After that i sold my Xbox and didn’t play anything on console for years. So, when HITMAN 2 came out, i completely missed it. Now i have a Series X, and when H3 came out i told myself, “why not?” and bought again H1 (don’t ask) together with H2 and H3 at a surprisingly low price, obviously in their GOTY - GOLD - Whatever Editions.

Since mid April i’ve completed all missions on SA, and now i’m randomly jumping from one map to another, completing challenges and unlocking things while occasionally getting frustrated with Escalations (i hate the majority of them). Except for H1 it’s all new to me, so i feel like a kid in a candy store. The WoA trilogy is really something incredible when experienced as a full game, and i feel i’m a lucky guy, being able to experience nearly all of it for the first time.

7 Likes

At the moment, I play some of the ET’s (when I don’t miss them) and some escalations here and there. Since I have Greys Model in Hitman 2016 and Hitman 2 I’m just running around, taking some screenshots, but that’s all.

I kinda lost the fun in playing Hitman, but that has nothing to do with the games itself. I’m not playing any game at the moment (just some Sims 4 from time to time or CoD at the weekend with my brother) because I’m just too busy. I will have 5 exams in July, work is very difficult at the moment, and beside all that I actually enjoy that the Corona Pandemic kind of flattens here in Germany. I went to the Zoo, the museum, many restaurants and cafés and the cinema the last days and weeks, because I missed all that so much :sweat_smile: Maybe when the weather gets bad or when the Pandemic get’s worse again (I hope not!!) I will find the motivation to play Hitman more often again.

7 Likes

I’ve been grinding out challenges, as a number of them reset from my hitman 2 sync.

I haven’t really gotten into featured contracts, so I might do that next.

I also never mastered the sniper challenges, but I’ve found them frustrating at times.

3 Likes

Those are not part of the main game and not included into 100% completion of the game.
Other words: sniper challenges are useless if you not playing Sniper Assassin on a daily basis

I guess you mean they aren’t a part of the HITMAN 3 main game. There’s still a career tab in the game menu, though, within the ‘profile’ page there are completion stats for every location. Sniper maps remain there under the H2 tab with challenges completion if I remember right.

Besides, even though the sniper challenges themselves don’t accumulate location XP, they are multipliers which can increase the final score of each playthough, which then contributing to the location mastery.

1 Like

At most it’s playing occasionally to check on the latest content from the roadmaps and tournaments hosted on Frote’s server. Otherwise I hardly play this game anymore.

I’m still weirded out how four years ago I was playing it religiously and how every time I played it I discovered something new. Funny that.

4 Likes

I am a VR player and new to Hitman, so I got Hitman 3 and the passes for Hitman 2 and 1 and started the series from the beginning in VR. I explore every corner of this game, listening to all the dialogs, having a look on all the assets, paying attention to every detail the game designers added. So with every new location it takes me 2 to 3 days just to explore and have fun before starting to play it seriously. Then I play the story missions and then all challanges available in VR, at least I do the speed runs with Silent Assassin Suit Only. At the moment I finished the Bank in New York. (feels a little bit lonely with my VR tag in the highscores…) I only had a short look into the Club in Berlin of Hitman 3. I already played about 50-60 VR games on PSVR and I have to say that Hitman is one of the best if not THE BEST game on this VR platform. It’s incredible how good this game looks on PS4 Pro compared with all the other VR games. It looks stunning in 4K HDR as well, but I prefere playing it in VR being IN the the game. Perception changes with VR and even with a 55" 4K TV it feels like looking only through a window. Next location is Haven Island and after that I finally will get my hands on Hitman 3. The last 5 month I had my best time in VR with Hitman and even didn’t start to play Hitman 3. I’m so excited!!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Mostly I just try and get some achievements saso’s and also some contracts but mostly just waiting for H4

2 Likes