How do I add subtitles on YouTube?

Hey guys so i’m portuguese and i do videos of hitman for my youtube channel in portuguese, so i wanted to put english subtitles for you guys, can anyone tell me how to do it?

It’s all listed here in this article
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2734796?hl=en-GB

Add subtitles & closed captions
Subtitles and closed captions open up your content to a larger audience, including deaf or hard of hearing viewers or those who speak languages besides the one spoken in your video. If you already have captions or subtitles, get help editing or removing existing captions.

Go to your Video Manager by clicking your account in the top right > Creator Studio > Video Manager > Videos.
Next to the video you want to add captions or subtitles to, click the drop-down menu next to the Edit button.
Select Subtitles and CC.
Click the Add new subtitles or CC button.
Choose how you want to add or edit subtitles or closed captions to your video:

2 Likes

@introvert_ Thanks man :wink:

Just checked and its a service you have to pay for, unless you let you or the community write the subtitles

1 Like

@introvert_ yeaah, that’s the problem i don’t really wanna pay…

Like i said, there is an option to let yourself or the community write the subtitles, but that’s rather time consuming

1 Like

@introvert_ that’s the problem, but it’s really fuckin’ hard to find portuguese people thatlike hitman, most people in youtube these days only care about CoD or FIFA or GTA.

1 Like

Well you’ve got 116 subs so you’re doing better then me with my stupid english

1 Like

@introvert_ I actually had 120 subs this morning… That’s what is worring me
PS: How do you know how many subs i have if i haven’t posted a link of my channel in this thread?

Not that hard m8

1 Like

@introvert_ huehuehuehuehuehuehuheuheuheuhue lol
Did you already lost subscribers for no reason?

nope i haven’t lost any subs

1 Like

@introvert_ Wish i could say the same thing, this morning i had 120 SUBSCRIBERS

¯_(ツ)_/¯ I dont know what to suggest m8

How had you got them so many and why they are gone now?

@AgentNo47 I don’t know how it happend… They just disapeared

I’ve got channel, around 50 videos, 133k displays and only 68 subscribers. That’s why it’s a mistery to me.

I’ve got almost 200 videos and only 120 subs…
Welcome to the club

Why can i see only 3 videos on your channel then?

It’s possible that YT delayed displaying informations about your channel and suddenly they updated them. That’s why this sudden change occured.

Are you sure you visited the right channel?
This is the one: