The Legacy Pack for Hitman 2 is a great opportunity (ahem) not only to bring the old maps to new consumers, but also to look back on their work through a non-episodic lens and make changes to mission scripting and layout to bring it up to their current standard and reimagine the levels to be more like what IO originally envisioned.
Of course, we as fans can just throw that out the window and suggest our own ideas, so let’s do that. Imagine your the head level designer for IO, how would you redo the levels from the ground up for the new engine?
I’ve got some suggestions (keep in mind, I’m spitballing, I don’t necessarily want these changes I’m just having fun speculating how to shake up the maps):
- Paris: This place is pretty much perfect, all I’d really do is maybe add a slight balancing change by swapping the positions of the master key and boat key and adding a helicopter key on Novikov. This would make it so the other exit is more useful because you might not have used an up close and personal kill.
- Sapienza: This is another map that I wouldn’t change much of, honestly. Maybe give Caruso an opportunity involving the virus being destroyed? There’s no real dialogue from him reacting to it like DeSantis does.
- Marrakesh: I’d really like to see what would happen if they were to make a way to enter the Consulate in the suit without trespassing. Maybe getting some sort of membership slip from the people inside? After all 47 is just as dapper as they are, I don’t know what makes them so special.
- Bangkok: I’d just change the routing of the targets to be more varied, honestly. Maybe have opportunities like Abel De Silva happen organically after enough time?
- Alright, Colorado is kind of a hot mess due to IO rushing such an ambitious level. They really needed more time to cool, so if they were to change anything in the legacy pack in a big way I’d love to see what those 6 opportunities they cut were. Especially if any of them involve Ezra.
- Hokkaido: I have no idea, maybe let 47 use the bathroom?