IO-I/Intel® Speedrun Competition (PC ONLY)

Check out @Hardware 's speedrun:

Call me when they give out the MkII variants of the PC and Drone. Maybe then I’ll decide to participate.

jk obv. i’m just a ps4 dude

Bloody hell I can’t replicate that run, I get caught by security running to second target, even though I take the exact same path! And the one time I didn’t get caught there, the second target’s body got spotted being killed in that doorway :S

Note to all competitors: in case you haven’t thought of it, DO NOT SHARE YOUR VIDS ONLINE. Others can steal any of your ideas and basically you’ll just eliminate yourself from the competition. Submit only to the website if you’re looking to compete but keep your vid unlisted.

I posted this video because my score was beaten before I put it online. I just want to participate symbolically and @GuLe already beat me while imagining his run during his sleep :slight_smile:

Can AMD players join too? Intel surely won’t work with their biggest and only rival :joy: The pink PC looks absolutely magnificent though :heart_eyes: (sorry for replying to bernando’s post, here’s some more text so this could get posted)

the last I saw (9 boxes) had a time of 48 seconds. So unless your time (or strat) is faster than 48 seconds - don’t bother recording and/or uploading. Even if you do beat that time and have it recorded - you might as well hold off on uploading it for a few days to see if anyone beats your time. Er, well, I guess you could still upload it, but if it gets beat then you just wasted your time. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I’ve just noticed something really strange about this contract, the first time you play it on a fresh boot of H2, the balding guard’s (between paddock John Carpenter is in, and the pit building) is different, he’s walking AWAY from where you want to go, but then every time you replay the mission after that, he’s walking TOWARD the other targets at the same point in time (I’m going off Hardware’s run above, referring to the 18 second mark after you’ve poisoned first target).

Very strange, wonder if any speedrunners will be exploiting this

UPDATE: Also, it’s saying I’m compromised by a Thwack mechanic inside, BEFORE he’s actually turned around and seen me carrying a body; he’s still grey with no exclamation mark before turning, and yet it says compromised. But I know it’s him because once I kill him it goes away. Really weird. Also, doesn’t happen in Hardware’s run either!

Here are the Specifications for the Custom HITMAN 2 Gaming PC:

• Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING Motherboard
  • Corsair Hydro H60 (2018) CPU Cooler
  • Intel Core i9-9900K CPU
  • 16 GB DDR4 2666MHz Memory
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 8GB GDDR6 Graphics Card
  • 250GB Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 PCIe Solid State Drive

Source

That’s pretty top-notch

I’m not impressed.
I think my setup not much worse. Maybe even better.
Anyway good luck to the contenders

Specs??? lol Mine is super dated. I need to upgrade soon

On board:
DeepCool Kendomen TI
Asus ROG Strix Z370-H Gaming
Intel Core i7-8086K Limited Edition 4.0GHz/8GT/s/12MB
be quiet! Shadow Rock TF2
HyperX DDR4-2400 8192MB PC4-19200 Fury Black (HX424C15FB2/8) x1
HyperX DDR4-2400 16384MB PC4-19200 Fury Black (HX424C15FB/16) x2
Asus PCI-Ex GeForce GTX 1060 Turbo 6GB GDDR5 (192bit)

Waiting to install:
Toshiba OCZ TR200 480GB 2.5" SATAIII 3D NAND TLC (THN-TR20Z4800U8) x1
Toshiba High-Performance X300 6TB 7200rpm 128MB HDWE160UZSVA 3.5" SATA III x2

You’ve got a sweet rig, but it’s in no way better than the prize, outside of the RAM.

Are you going to RAID those 6TB disks?

Also consider an m.2 nvme drive for your boot drive

What do you mean ‘to RAID’?

I don’t know yet. Decide later.
By now I’m planning to use SSD exclusively for Windows, 1TB HDD for docs, progs and other trash, 1x6TB exclusively for games and 1x6TB for films and music fifty-fifty

Oh, I got you. No RAID for you then.

My rig still only has 4 cores and a 760 GTX :sweat_smile:

Well, I just finished to gather all this stuff in december, so I may say my system is the newest.
At least I’m happy with it. Maybe in a year or two will buy a fresh GPU

Wow! This PC is top notch :star_struck:.

(Are you sure you don’t want this PC @Urben? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)