IOI Confirm Plans to Add In-game SA Tracker

In 3 years after Hitman 2016 and almost 7 years since Absolution we may finally get SA tracker

33 Likes

I don’t think I understand what this is. Anyone care to explain?

4 Likes

You might watch some of CJ’s Hitmanathons. He does have a thing he uses with Blood Money (Statman) that shows his SA status. If that gets compromised, ‘Statman’ will show that he lost SA.

This helps if you’re playing to get SA, maybe an ET, and you don’t know that you’ve lost SA until the results screen.

That’s the gist, anyway. Someone else may be able to elaborate more if I’m not completely accurate with my statement.

9 Likes

Ah okay, thanks for explaining. :+1:

I hope this can be turned off, I don’t think I need this, but it might come in handy sometimes.

4 Likes

I’m pleased about this nothing more annoying than finishing a long S/A run to not receive it at the end because you forgot about that one suspicious act you got.

5 Likes

Weird they do that while SA is broken. I would assume that would make it harder to work out.

3 Likes

Still can’t get the full picture of this feature.
In my mind sits the Absolution’s ‘livescore’ notebook, where you can see all the stats in real time, including compromised status, etc.
Is this it?

3 Likes

Would use such a tracker. Exclusively during Elusive Targets.
I guess it could work a bit like the “Objective tracker”. If an objective isn’t reached like “all bodies hidden” it gets greyed out. Something similar could be done for SA rating.

I can imagine just like the difficuilty symbol next to the map, there appears a crossed-out SA symbol.

1 Like

I kinda dislike the idea that the people who should work on fixing the spotted bug are now tasked to do this. I wrote earliert that it seems that they are left alone to work on the fix at full time but this seems to be not the case now.

Well we waited for that feature so I guess it could be worse? :smiley:

2 Likes

I was about to say this makes SA bugs faster and easier to report and duplicate rather than guessing at the Detailed Score Screen.

I hope asides from an icon during active play, you can check Scoring Details in pause menu to verify what you messed up (or what is bugged).

I’ve suspected restarting a Mass Murderer run fails SA immediately on restart for example.

4 Likes

Most likely gonna be very, very useful to me. Though maybe disabled in Master? Your thoughts, guys?

I say have it toggle’able so that you can have it on or off in whichever difficulty you like.

2 Likes

Nonsense, should be available for all modes. It’s not making a SA run easier in any way, it just lets you know you screwed up earlier.

9 Likes

Funny thing is it’s already in the game. You can track your SA status if you play a contract with these restrictions.

11 Likes

Even more funny, because of how “do not get spotted” works, this would be a SA tracker of the bug-free version of SA.

4 Likes

It’d be better if they remove these from contract mode (especially their insta fail versions) and put them in the gameplay menu as a toggle so we can use these in every contract, main mission etc.

2 Likes

This is good but I also think this will emphasize the handholding even more.

2 Likes

I’m fairly sure they are working on both and the fix will come first.

4 Likes

It doesnt hold your hand or give you hints lol. Such nonsense

2 Likes