IOI Monthly #16 (Aug 31) - Question Submission [CLOSED]

IOI Monthly #16

It will occur August 31 at 2pm GMT but IO have not confirmed if they’re taking questions for it, they may just have a set information release that’s planned in advance

EDIT: The stream is 3.5 days away, this is usually when I’d create the Question thread, but things have been a little different. In any case, I shall now tag @Travis_IOI and @Clemens_IOI to give them a head start on what are the questions for this stream.

Will probably comment and tag them again a few hours before stream starts just so they don’t forget :wink:

My Questions

• Why is there no Contracts Mode on Freeform Training, which has more disguise, NPC, exit and weapon choice than Final Test?

For H3:

• Will there be changes to contracts mode?
  • How many new accents were recorded for NPCs?
  • Can you confirm that there is no (new) Sniper Assassin this time around?
  • Can you confirm that there will be at least one new Ghost Mode map?
  • Will any of the new maps set any records in the Hitman series (Map size, amount of NPCs, etc)?
  • Apart from the things listed on reveal day (Unlock progress), what are some of the player/fan feedback that’s been implemented for H3?
  • Is gameplay going to be different enough that replaying Seasons 1 and 2 in the new launcher will be different?
  • Why Roman Numerals? Now if I abbreviate the game’s name it looks like I’m saying “Hiii”
22 Likes

What are the overall plans for Hitman 3/after Hitman 3 is released. Do you plan on mod support, post game development, anything in particular for this game?

1 Like

Will the Red Tie Kiwi be fixed by H3 so it can squeak when you step on it? :B

and

In H3, objects won’t be extremely fragile that they break just by dropping them? :B

12 Likes
  • When did development on HITMAN 3 begin?

• Will post-launch content for HITMAN 2 continue (featured/curated contracts) now that the next game has been announced?

• Any word on what benefits Next-gen consoles might have playing H3?

• Any chance on the Car exit being patched into Hawke’s Bay anytime soon?

8 Likes

Have you made sure that NPCs sickened by an emetic prefer toilets over bins?
Like what @scm97tl have you fixed item fragility? Because some items still shatter on impact.
How many levels are there going to be?
Will there be any bonus levels?
Is there an Australia level?

I will add more if I think of any.

6 Likes

First of all I love @KevinRudd’s sexy and stately new avatar. Second of all. what other items have been considered for that “shuffling” you said you were doing in regards to the electric phone?

HITMAN 2:

• Is it true that there will be “one final patch” for Hitman 2 before H3 releases?

• Will bloom/lighting/lens flare issues be addressed in H2?

HITMAN 3:

• Will bloom/lighting/lens flare issues be addressed in H3?

• Is Ghost Mode going to be updated (new maps, mechanics, modes)?

• Will Legacy maps from H1 and H2 recieve upgrades?

• Will contracts mode get an update with new features?

8 Likes

Can we expect new items to be added to legacy maps? Items such as car batteries, apples, bananas and muffins etc.

Would you be able to talk about something new and exciting about HITMAN 3?

6 Likes

One question:

• How will the progress transfer be handeled if I started on PS4 and continue on PS5?
14 Likes

What is the concept for lighting and bloom in H3?

Are there plans to revert bloom and lens flares back to H1 level for H3?

Are you aware that the bloom and light bleeding in H2 hinders gameplay, and why did you still decide to implement it that way?

Can you give an insight on Contracts Mode for H3?

7 Likes

Can we get a Mark III sticker briefcase that moves even slower than the other slow briefcase?

9 Likes
  • how many years do you expect to continue support for Hitman 3?

• Will there be new Elusive Targets?

• Will the Legacy Elusive Targets be run again (please do, need the suits)

• Will Hitman 3 have an expansion pass?

• Is Dubai the first mission in the game?

• How are cutscenes being made this time? Is it still images or in game cinematics (The Bank, Haven island)

• Will all the escalations and challenge packs from Hitman 1 and 2 be ported to Hitman 3?

• Is the contract with Sean Bean limited to Hitman 2 or could that be rerun on Hitman 3?

• What is your opinion on the idea of making Elusive Targets permanent? Id recommend running them all and then just release them.

• Are there any plans for a proper Offline mode? The servers can’t run forever

24 Likes

Hi IO,

Could you correct the outfits worn by the emiratis in the Dubai tower? Unfortunately, they do not accurately represent their culture at the moment.

Someone on Dubai reddit said that the Kandooras worn by the emiratis in the Hitman 3 trailer look more like saudi thawbs than local ones.

One of the questions i’ve been thinking the most is: Will we have further modifications to old maps? I know Hitman 1 have been exploited a lot, but Hitman 2 feels like it could use modifications to the maps like night, rain, seasons, etc. Even if they turned out to be DLCs, it could be cool to fill the gap between Hitman 3 and whatever comes next.

1 Like

Any plans for changes in the rating/scoring systems in H3? Or are they going to function the same way they do in Seasons 1 and 2?

In the NoClip documentary Forest Swartout Large mentioned big plans for systemic gameplay that had to be scaled down during development of H2. Are those plans back on the docket for H3?

9 Likes

God I hope not. Modern politics is frankly depressing

My question is will it be possible to switch my progress from PS4 to Xbox in Hitman 3?

5 Likes

Will achievements be carried over?

2 Likes

Not really expecting answers to these, but still:

• Is Hitman 3 going to be the final platform for playing the trilogy, or are there plans to release a complete ´definitive´ game some time later? (Hitman: World of Assassination, or however you´d plan on naming it)

• Are there any considerations for H3 (or a potential ´definitive´ release) to update/improve some of the older levels with things that weren´t/couldn´t be initially implemented (for one reason or another)? Specifically season 1 missions like A Gilded Cage (functioning metal detector, usable phone booths, alternative access to Zaydan´s office…) or Club 27 (access to the beach area, additional outdoor facilities for the hotel + related opportunities…)?

• Since we are likely to hear NPCs with (at least) Arab and Asian accents in H3 (or so we hope), are there potential plans to patch them into the appropriate season 1 levels? (Marrakesh, Bangkok, Hokkaido)

• Will the still-image cutscenes in season 2 be eventually replaced by cinematic ones?

• Will H3´s unlockable weapons and gear have unique new features/utilization, or are we getting mostly reskinned stuff?

Plus two that have already been asked - Any changes to the rating system, and what are the plans (if there are any) for a future proper offline mode?

10 Likes

an actual question:

Progress not transferring between Hitman 1 and 2 gave you the opportunity to shuffle around which items were unlocked by which challenges, and to keep a few items exclusive to the first game (but to my knowledge these items came back eventually with the return of the legacy challenge packs). Since progression will transfer between H2 and H3, and with the frankly unbalanced Hitman 2 tool selection, could you give more info on to what extent you will be re-balancing the game?

2 Likes