IOI on gamescom?

Do you know if IOI will attend gamescom tomorrow? @Travis_IOI can you tell? IOI is not listed on the gamescom Page, but I thought maybe they will come at short notice. Hoped for some Hitman 3 News or even some gameplay material, since this is the only games fair this year :slight_smile:

4 Likes

if they were there, it would be a surprise. just like every H3 announcement so far

17 Likes

Yes.

So far it’s been only unpleasant surprises.
Maybe their absence there is another unpleasant surprise

10 Likes

If they don’t attend, atleast they can’t make another unpleasant announcement there :smile:

5 Likes

Don’t worry, they still have twitter, website and this forum

4 Likes

True :smiley: :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Wish their announcements would be limited ro 20 characters

2 Likes

That would’ve been better

2 Likes

I know and I CAN’T STAND THESE SURPRISING ANNOUNCEMENTS ANYMORE

3 Likes
7 Likes

Fingers cross for a huge surprise tomorrow then… :grin:

2 Likes

Maybe for you, not for me. You can always find some pleasant surprises in all of that.

june 11 => H3 annoucement was fantastic, with a full control on creativity side, all of that is great thanks to the self publishing.

july 14 => Stadia annoucement, totally unexpected, it can be good for PC because we know now that Glacier 2 is fully compatible with Linux and Vulkan natively, at least on a custom stack. Bringing this to the PC world should not be a lot of work (at least Vulkan on Windows, Linux support is something else in an open env). And Stadia just works great on a 4KTV or a simple web browser when you haven’t any hardware. The more people get to experience HITMAN, the better.

August 6 => PSVR annoucement. Totally unexpected, and an awesome news for VR community. If PSVR2 is a reality, HITMAN 3 could be the main VR game showcased for the PS5. The more people get to experience HITMAN, the better.

August 20 => Dartmoor, a totally unexpected detective knives out style mission. It’s a first in the HITMAN franchise, I’m very looking forward to that.

August 20 => Epic, it’s a mixed bag for me, I don’t mind for a temporary exclusivity, even if I use a lot Steam (and often Proton when I’m on Archlinux). And it’s cool if studios that make great games like Remedy, Playdead, gen DESIGN and IO Interactive can be supported with some new funds from Fortnite. It’s always better than reinvesting only in those who have already everything. Multiple competitors and a decentralized market should be always targeted, always.

Knowing that HITMAN 3 is supported by companies like Sony, Google and Epic, is just fantastic after the media “wasteland” that we experienced with HITMAN 2. I’ve seen too many people unaware that the game was coming out after RDR2 in 2018. IOI is finally back on the scene.

The only unexpected and bad news for me at the moment is closing the ghost mode. At least, provide us a P2P standalone at some point… they can’t throw away all that work when so much people are enjoying it.

12 Likes

and Gamescom just happens to start on the same day that HITMAN 2016 will be free on EGS :face_with_monocle:

7 Likes

Coincidence :face_with_monocle: I think not…

3 Likes

Hitman or IOI doesnt seem to be anywhere on this list, so i wouldnt hold my breath for them being there. wouldn’t really fall under “Unannounced game” either, imo

7 Likes

+ 20,000 Never Spotted

+ 20,000 No Recordings

14 Likes

Starring Special Guest, no?

Is today gamescon???

Its a few Days but the open night live is tomorow.

How many days does it go for sorry for all the questions btw

1 Like