‘Hitman’ Future after Hitman 3

I think that’s pretty much what is happening now. You get the major story beats, the value changers, the plot twists – Those happen in the cutscenes between missions. The actual meat and potatoes of the narrative does indeed play out in the levels themselves though. That’s where you learn about the characters, their motivations, their thoughts, feelings, the people that orbit them, the systems that exist around and under them and what is likely to happen once those things are pulled out from underneath them. That’s fascinating to me. The last thing I want is for there to be less story in Hitman, I think they’re finally hitting the right balance in this game.

I don’t see why you can’t do both. Before we even knew how things were playing out in the overarching story of Hitman 1, people had very intense thoughts on the character of Silvio Caruso and his story played out entirely in the level he is in. People actually felt sorry for him!! That’s quite an achievement.

It was also made in 10 months, so that’s probably a big part of the reason why. I think people will expect a little more these days though, especially from a company that’s taking on Bond. Less story is not the way.

4 Likes

Story wise I’d like to see 47 and Diana in the process of building their own company rather then the story taking place after it’s already established. This way we can be there from the ground up, hiring a new staff and expanding the list of main characters. Always wanted to see a clean-up crew. With the ICA being exposed, it seems likely to have a negative impact on the clientele so they may have to do some work to acquire a new one. Possibly some ICA members and old clients will be targets as well. We already taken down the top 1% of the world so let the next game be about starting over from the bottom up.

Gameplay wise is a bit harder to figure out. Other than improving the AI, I can’t see any drastic changes that can help the series evolve into something greater. :thinking:

4 Likes

A reboot scares me. But only because I’ve grown with this franchise and have a fondness for the story. I’d like to see it continue from the ending of HIII. If it was done well, of course, a reboot could be fantastic…

2 Likes

A reboot like the movies nowadays adapted to the current world?
So instead of 47 escaping the asylum in 2000 it will be in the era of… 2027?

They did a little reboot on the story in this trilogy. Not one mention to the rest of the founding fathers besides Ort Meyer, I fear another reboot will totally ditch even more things.
It is very clear, at least to me, that it will pass really a lot of time till a next Hitman. Maybe 8 years till the next console generation.
If they will continue the story I can only hope for an old 47 that started to malfunction. Something like the movie Logan but still kicking it. If a reboot then I can imagine the origin story could be the same from C47 but different.

I have this vision that 007 will be a 100% Hitman clone and I really can’t wait for that.

2 Likes

Noticed the Forest Swartout Large and Mattias Engström in different interviews mentioned a desire of IOI to make an Airport level.

An airport level probably is high on the list of twenty or so ideas for future Hitman scenarios on the backburner.

Maybe this and a couple other levels could be a paid DLC like The Bank and Haven Island combo.

While the World of Assassination Trilogy will be put to rest, I believe (or want to believe) that IOI will make a substantial paid DLC because Hitman 3 sold well.

It makes financial sense for short term output, while they spend another 3 to 6 years putting together Project 007.

4 Likes

It’s going to be pretty cool to see. Maybe Olivia might pop up again in the future story and work with Diana and 47? She did provide mission handling details to 47 when he invaded the ICA? She just sort of disappeared after that so who knows?

I’m pretty sure some former ICA members will be part of 47’s future hits. There’s bound to be a few of them that will find out that 47 destroyed the ICA from the inside. Anyone is possible in Hitman :joy:

Contracts had a story. It set up a villain, the Inspector, and Hunter and Hunted had you kill him. No different from Hitman 3 just on a smaller scale.

6 Likes

Yes it did. It’s mostly just non connected levels though. The story is the smallest of all the Hitman games.

2 Likes

More realistically they lost “that thing that would have kept them on top.”

For example I know of a businessman who was part of an… “axis” of sorts with a couple of politicians. He was very successful for many years. I went to his parties but I didn’t really get close. Others whispered his business only worked because of the “axis”. That the politicos kept his imported product costs low because they were on the take and so on.

It was a meteoric rise. One year he had a Camry. The next year he was in some top of the line Lexus. He moved from a compound to some big mansion. You just know something’s going on.

Sure enough when one of the politicians lost re-election… the company suddenly got dissolved. To the surprise of some, but not to others.

1 Like

http://www.pactriglobal.com/Home.html

If she comes back. She dies. That’s how it goes in these kinds of stories. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind letting 47 rest a bit.

I would like a game as the young Agent Soders.

Benefits of this approach:

• Different era, different weapons, different environments
  • Continuity with existing lore
  • Find out more about the ICA’s beginnings
  • Chance to revisit Cuba (and perhaps the Night Thief?), but without the cardboard boxes. Just the authentic missions, sprawling environments around them included
  • You’d still be a Hitman, so the series’ name doesn’t have to change
  • You get that little magical Mafia - Mafia 2 “red car and garden hose” cutscene vibe going on, only inversed.
  • Fewer “unbeatable clone assassin”-vibes, but he was still the best of his time so he should also be able to climb a drainpipe or two.

Drawback:

• Yeah, letting 47, and by extension David Bateson, rest a bit doesn’t feel so right after all.
9 Likes

Or how about something like NOLF?

2 Likes

I’d rather they introduce new characters then reuse old ones. Maybe having old characters as a cameo would be nice, but we need totally new antagonists, and allies.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be against Olivia returning to assist Diana and 47, but I personally wouldn’t like Victoria to return because I know a lot of people didn’t like her character. Agent Smith returning makes sense because no doubt 47 will end up pulling him out of trouble again :joy:

As for Birdie, he definitely should come in as a target if anything. After he more or less betrayed 47 at the end of Absolution, he definitely needs the fiber wire around his neck haha

7 Likes

what character? :smirk:

20 character requirement

7 Likes

I just discovered what he’ll look like:

Strenght and class to spare, but some welcome signs of the good, honest, Kingpin life.

6 Likes

I have this idea in my head that 47 wouldn’t allow himself to get fat.

I don’t think anyone wants no context or story. It’s the larger continuing story, shadow clients and Providence and such, that I am not a huge fan of. The stories behind the contracts themselves like a virus that kills specific DNA strains, and the stories within those levels like Silvio’s stuff with his mother, the idle dialog of the guards and things like that, are all good and essential.

3 Likes

Did you just call the Kingpin “fat”? :exploding_head:
That’s not fat. That’s the good life metabolised into pure muscle.

2 Likes