IOI's other franchises/IPs

i think it’s finally time to open a new thread for this :slight_smile:

7 Likes

hmm what does this entail? re-release? remaster? remake? or maybe it simply means nothing :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

afaik you have to do something with your licenses every couple of years or you could potentially lose it.
Like the Copyright or trademark runs out or something, so its probably just to make sure no one else can use this name.

1 Like

But I doubt this has something to do with the PEGI rating.

Do we know if it was rated before? Pegi was just a few months old when FF was released, it might have been not required to sell the game with it at that time.

2 Likes

WB Games rated a Klassic MK Arcade Kollection last year and nothing came out of it yet sadly. Maybe its just something the lawyers do to get a tax cut or something, who knows anymore :thinking:

1 Like

This is a PEGI rating. They have nothing to do with copyright or trademarks and do not need renewal.

2 Likes

Imgur

1 Like

Ima just leave my 2 cents here on what I think.

2 Likes

Good news ! I’ve never been able to play it.

I think it’s probably a re-release on GOG and Steam.

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/freedom_fighters

Next, Codename 47 HD remaster :joy:

11 Likes

I would love to replay Freedom Fighters. Not sure how well it aged, but those arcade machines in the World of Assassination sure started up an appetite. For me this game was also Jesper Kyd at his peak.

2 Likes

Also now up on ESRB

Announcement might be soon.

3 Likes

Some key takeaways:

• Bonus Content: Full official soundtrack (composed by Jesper Kyd) and original game manual
  • 33% discount for the first week
  • Releases on GOG, EGS, and Steam today

Store links (as other storefronts appear I’ll update this list):

14 Likes

Hurray!!!
Cake was one the case before anyone else. Mad props!

Stay up to date with all the Freedom Fighters news via our brand new Twitter account: @FreedomGame_IOI. That’s our primary place to share news and updates about the game.

News of a sequel perhaps? what other news could there be with a re-release?

3 Likes

8 Likes

Thank you IO for bringing the game back and on GOG too, gives me hope we will see HITMAN 3 there as well at some point.

Maybe more than a simple re-release. The renderer has been upgraded.

3 Likes

I’m more interested in why the Min 4 GB and the Max is 8 GB for Ram.

1 Like

Imo it will be just a re-release, just with some general compability patches and fixes. Moving to Direct X would make sense to have more stable support for widescreen and HD resolutions.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/FreedomGame_IOI/status/1308028936899657728

:joy:

@BernardoOne yeah I think so. I really want the same for Codename 47, because DX7/OpenGL 1.0 are funky on Windows 10 lmao. I play it with dgVoodoo 2 to translate DX7 calls to DX11 on my 1440p monitor.

I can’t see it on Steam yet.

Hopefully IOI is working on a second game.