Is this still a good game?

I know this is not the traditional game of Hitman,although,I played quite a lot of it and I just wanted to ask where all of the hate came from. Do people not like the game, or not like that it isn’t like any other hitman game? I also saw it had some pretty cool images like these:

What are your guys thoughts?

1 Like

It’s a shitty Hitman game, but a goddamn great Splinter Cell game, so treat it as such and you’ll have a good time.

1 Like

The second one above. It’s a good game.

1 Like

This thread already kinda exist, remember to look for already existing threads.

1 Like

What’s a good hitman game anyway?

1 Like

So you’re asking for advice on whether to play it or not? Yes, play it if you like stealth games. It’s a good game overall I liked it. Especially contracts mode, sunk a lot of hours in it. But the story is laughable and some levels are rather tedious and not really enjoyable (too much linearity, relying too much on gamey mechanics like distractions, etc). I would give Absolution a solid 7/10.

The criticisms come mainly from a disgruntled fanbase who wanted a BM clone. And please ignore the “good game, bad hitman game” nonsense.

2 Likes

One with weird goggles and a knife?

2 Likes

The “good game, bad hitman game” nonsense is not nonsense at all. It’s 100% factually accurate.

2 Likes

Values…facts…
You know how it goes.

1 Like

I recommend HM: Absolution as a training game for the rest of the games, especially HITMAN because of the crossover features.

Absolution is more about avoiding people than it is about confronting them, so it gets you in that “oh shit I have to be quiet now” mindset that you’ll need to ace the new game, and also help you develop the lethal creativity that can help you in the previous instalments.

Absolution is a perfect Hitman Training Game so long as you pretend that it’s “the story that never happened” or “the really long dream sequence 47 had after he was shot in a fight”

2 Likes

You mean one of the best Hitman games? hehe

2 Likes

If I can express my opinion it would maybe not be to your liking, but I don’t really like it compared to other titles, especially the ones before Absolution.

If you want me to compare Silent Assassin, Contracts or Blood Money to Absolutoin, I would without hesitation choose first three titles. Absolution is great, and won’t deny, but it is so different to what I was used to at the time, and not to my liking. As the guy before me said, it is more about how to avoid people than how to confront them. And the instinct is not really a thing for me (Bring back the good old map!)

But it is a good game, yes!

Lmao I was actually thinking about that and then I was like “shit they already did that…” - imagine if Absolution was the result of him getting shot…I’d be way more okay with the Absolution storyline…mainly because it wouldn’t matter in future games lol.

Oh Absolution, you beautiful red-headed step-child.

1 Like

“beautiful red-headed step-child” - The best explanation of Absolution I ever heard.

4 Likes

I have to admit that I would have enjoyed Absolution a lot less if I had pre ordered it, after many years waiting for the sequel to Blood Money and had been let down - like a lot of players were.

I do like Absolution a lot and I actually like some bits of the story and I’m glad it doesn’t repeat the Contracts motif; however, things like the Saints I find just too goofy…

2 Likes

It’s a guilty pleasure to me. I used to play it all the time when it first came out. While it didn’t introduce me to the hitman franchise, it did make me go back to the older games as it gave me fond memories.

2 Likes

The hate, objectively doesn’t make a lot of sense, but people expected something way different.

Let’s say you order a pizza, and you get a pretty good sushi instead. You like both of them, but you ordered a goddamn pizza, and this company delivered you pizza in the past, but you order Pepperoni and this time you get a raw fish with some rice, you’re pissed right? Even though that was a decent sushi.

2 Likes

It’s 100% your opinion, nothing more nothing less. Don’t get ideas above your station please.

2 Likes

While I do agree with the “good game but bad Hitman game” statement and have received a little bit of heat for saying it, you can’t claim your opinion is 100% factual.

2 Likes

Hitman Codename 47 is the true hitman game.

It being the first game in the series and all that.

4 Likes