January 2019 Roadmap

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-2-january-roadmap/

January 3 – The BigMooney Flamboyancy
Escalation Contracts focus on your skills as Agent 47 and how you can adapt your playstyles to the various complications that we can throw your way. Escalations are not necessarily about immersion, but definitely give you a gameplay challenge. This particular Escalation is a little different since this has been designed and named by our community member Big Mooney, spoiler alert – he really likes the flamingos.

January 10 – Desperate Measures
For January we’ve picked 10 Featured Contracts to be added to the game. All Featured Contracts are created by members of the community and then added to the game for all players to enjoy. For HITMAN 2, we will pick our Featured Contracts based on themes – this time around the theme is ‘Fiberwire // Measuring tape’ and we call it “Desperate Measures”, as all contracts are focused on fiber wire and/or measuring tape kills. Later this month, we’ll share information on the next theme for February and how you can submit your contracts to be included.

January 10 – Fishy Business
Something’s fishy in Miami… find out what, with these 6 new challenges.

January 11 – Developer Livestream
2019’s first live stream will focus on escalations, contracts and more. Join us on Twitch and Mixer. (More details coming soon)

January 17 – The Marinello Motivation
In The Marinello Motivation Escalation, you’re going back to the Isle of Sgail – to complete a set of various complications.

January 24 – The Appraiser
A new Elusive Target will arrive for the first time on the Isle of Sgail for 10 days and you’ll be able to unlock the Tuxedo and Mask with gloves suit if you manage to complete it. Check our Elusive Target Rewards blog post for a full overview of the ET rewards.

January 25 – Developer Livestream
It’s time to see if it’s possible for our hosts and guest to get a Silent Assassin rating on the Appraiser, Elusive Target. Join us Friday the 25th on Twitch and Mixer for gaming, questions, and more. (More details coming soon)

Challenge pack lands Thursday… Get in! hopefully a decent unlock for completing the pack!

I bet the unlock for Miami Chalange Pack will be Starfish or Fish with “2” sticker" xDDD I don’t think that IOI can acctualy create something new :slight_smile:
Anyway - wheres primised January Patch? I ask politely ??

Thursdays, then…

and no Mumbai ET… yet

Also, can we get an escalation in WC/Mumbai already?

So I guess the Predator Challenge Pack is cancelled - especially if we are getting a fish one first.

There is an update coming later in January, no date set yet.

https://twitter.com/IOInteractive/status/1082230615976620032

Well, they should add this to road map image. It’s very important since that road map will be a viral information, so should cover all plans for that month. And they inform about that only on twitter, even on official road map notes (ioi.dk) no info about that.

Not necessarily if they’re doing the packs in level order Colombia will be the next one?

I think they didn’t include it because they aren’t decided on the date yet, but yeah, I agree it’s unfortunate.

Did IO do them in order back in 2016?

Hopefully it comes with some new graphics settings or fixes for the legacy map bloom/lens flare and all; still just going for the completion in the 2016 client until they fix the legacy missions in 2 as it is, else my eyes start to hurt. Any news or hints for such from the devs so far?

If the reward for Fishy Business is a reskinned fish people will RIOT

:rofl:

IIRC some locations already had additional challenges, Paris had the vampire magician, Marrakesh had the fortune teller challenges and Bangkok had the Himmapan. They then added the plumber pack to Sapienza the Scarecrow challenges to Colorado and another pack to Hokkaido (I cant remember the name) not sure what order they came in though.

I’m glad to see Sgáil getting some love, I feel it’s the map with the second most untapped potential, after Mumbai.

They haven’t commented on Twitter or on the forums, as far as I know.

Oh, they were already in the game at release? I only got the game in 2017.

Nope. All of them were added after the location released.

Yeah I’m sure they were, I know following release we didn’t get a challenge pack in every location, I do know that these came relatively late in the life of 2016, not like in Hitman 2 were they’ve been released after 2 months

Hmm bit of a shame we don’t get an escalation and ET on whittleton creek/mumbai, isle of sgail is just a barely decent map. Ah well, it will come.

Looking forward to it anyway

ET for Mumbai/Whitteon Creed will come later for sure. Especialy that second one is still very buggy. Similar problem was in S1 with Colorado.

1 ET per month is a bit disappointing

Do you know how much effort need to be done to relase this kind of content? Don’t be an ignorant. IO Interactive is a small studio, and between relasing ETs then need fix bugs, prepare other content and work on new Expansion. That take time, a lot of time.

Will be (electrocution) jellyfish

At lest it would be cool