Justice for Sarajevo six (IO please make it happen!)

Sadly they’re doomed to there officially because of contracts. They agreement was with either IOI or Square Enix and Sony to keep them on there, as they were PS4 exclusive contracts. I guess they never wanted to pay to move them elsewhere (even on the same platform).

They are just 6 ETs (even if Colorado is pretty unique).

Would love to play these again with the new items unlocked.

2 Likes

Forgot to add onto this. The Sarajevo Six actually each have variations of their outfits for 47 to wear.

2 Likes

Yes now after I’ve purchased latest DLC before upcoming year 2 it’s time for IOI shows us some love too and make Sarajevo Six add on to be back to our playstation! We deserve every content we purchased along the years @Travis_IOI

:point_down:

2 Likes

This type of contract makes more sense when Hitman 2016 was going to be the one launcher episodic thing. No need to consider sequels on the same platform, cause their wasn’t going to be any.

1 Like

Screw the contracts. We are no longer on H1, it’s H3, it’s on a whole new platform, and SE is no longer part of the picture. Whatever exclusivity arrangement was made back then is null and void. IO now has the opportunity to bring them back and make them available on every platform.

I know that’s not really how this stuff works, but it should be, goddammit! I’m sick of meaningless rights issues that no one cares about affecting entertainment years after the issue ceased being relevant (also looking at you on this one for essentially killing the Friday the 13th franchise with your bullshit, Victor Miller).

3 Likes

As you said later on in your reply. That’s not how exclusivity agreements work. Square Enix was the original publisher for Hitman 2016, they handled any contracts, it’s with them not IOI.

IOI might be able to work something out I don’t know. But I doubt they’ll do anything for what is basically 6 loosely connected, permanent, Elusive Targets that were never referenced ever again (although they did set themselves up for that).

Although The Sarajevo Six are still in the files of Hitman 2 and 3 (PS4, and possibly 5).

2 Likes

I know, but that’s the ridiculousness of the situation. Square Enix is no longer involved, nobody can even play the campaign anymore, the whole PlayStation exclusive thing was a cheat anyway, and most of all, it’s part of the game and IOI owns the game. They should have full access to do whatever they want with it at this point. IP rights and ownership laws are some of the most restricting, inhibiting obstacles to creativity and entertainment, and it’s become ludicrous across all industries. The Lego Movie had it right.

3 Likes

69th number haha funi

2 Likes

I’ve played this via mods. And I’ve gotta say that the Colorado one was quite annoying. 4 semi-stalking bodyguards. I’ve sniped a PT in a couple of places where he stops and waits for a while, and that crashes the game (well, my game). I eventually used a Remote Emetic Device placed on the ground where he walks. They don’t seem to gaf about weapons left out in the open. So I gassed him and had a PT with the remote micro-electric by a puking bucket. That finally got him with a SA rank.

The unfortunate thing to me is that when this first came out - we didn’t have remote emetic do-hickeys and zapper thingamajigs. Sniping a PT or FE (why bother?) was surely the intended method. Maybe my experience wasn’t as stable since it was modded. But it was nice to at least experience these targets.

I’m sure I’ll go back to them to see if I can find better or just different ways to off 'em.

2 Likes

I’ve never had the pleasure of playing, only watching on YouTube, which is highly unfortunate because not only does it look cool but the final target is presented to be killed in exactly the way I like to kill the Fugitive ET.

The only thing that ever got me was where it fits into the timeline, because it seems to run side-by-side with the main story missions from the first game, at least the Marrakesh and Colorado targets do, but that doesn’t seem possible. But I think I’ve worked it out, and I think the S6 takes place the year before the main game.

Novikov and Margolis are hinted to hold regular shows at the museum, so the first target is at the show that took place last year (I’m assuming different times of year each year, as the a few months prior, 47 would have been at the Christmas fashion show for the Holiday Hoarders).

The second one takes place shortly after Ether completes the lab Caruso asked for.

The third one is tricky as it seems to take place at the riot from the main game, but I’m thinking there was another riot the year before when Strandberg’s crimes first came out and he was arrested. We see in the briefing in the main game that Strandberg is in custody and has already been in court, and I’m guessing Zaydan tried a coup at that time but couldn’t put it together in time, and the S6 target was there to help, and the following year they staged Strandberg’s breakout to get another riot going and this time Zaydan was ready.

The fourth doesn’t seem to be impacting the main game timeline in any way, and the presence of Cross’s group could simply mean that they’ve been staying at the hotel for a really long period, or they keep going back.

The fifth one in Colorado was really hard to reconcile, and for a time I had to assume that there was a huge gap in time from the fourth and fifth targets and that this one took place after 47 finished the storyline in H1 and was in the timeline of H2 before going back to the militia camp, and that the fifth target was overseeing Grey’s people preparing to move out of the camp, and we’re just supposed to ignore the presence of the main targets. But, Rose is only mentioned as hanging met the fifth target in the past, and we know Rose was already s registered target, so Diana already knew about him but maybe didn’t know that he was personally at this camp, and realize the greater significance of it until the following year when 47 first has to stop Nabazov’s conspiracy and then two weeks later go back again, looking for the Shadow Client.

Finally, the last target can take place before or after the main game campaign, since 47 had already been to GAMA before to kill Dimitri Federov, then went again at least a year or two later to kill Owen Cage and Klaus Liebleid, and then three weeks later to deal with Soders and Yamasaki. I’m personally leaning toward before. I think 47 finished the entire S6 contract a few months before Grey sends him to Paris.

1 Like