Kalmer-1 Tranquilizer

Hello there !

I have a little problem here. In the Whittleton Creek mission, I achieved all the mission stories, but I still can’t unlock the Kalmer-1 Tranquilizer (unlocked by achieving three Mission Stories Challenges).
Anyone could help with that ?

Thank you !

In order to complete Mission Stories, sometimes it’s not enough to simply finish the challenges that claim you have unlocked them. You have to complete each mission story step by step.
The best way to ensure this happens is to enable Mission Story Guidelines. When you access the tab of mission stories you will see which mission story you did not yet complete, and you can choose to track it to make sure you get it this time.

It also depends on what Mission Stories you do.

This weapon is really useless with only 2 sedative bullets

It’s actually really useful on master. Completely silent

I recently had some issues unlocking the Kalmer-1 Tranquilizer as well. For me, I found the problem is that the Mission Story “Breadcrumb Trail” is bugged.

To unlock, the challenge wants you to discover 3 specific clues: the lawsuit documents, the videotape, and the photo in Janus’s basement. However, if while doing the Mission Story, you pick up any additional clues - the letter from Janus on the bodyguard, the microfilm, etc. - it disrupts the Mission Story because 3 clues are discovered. The Mission Story reads as completed, but the challenge connected to the Mission story doesn’t unlock until you pick up those 3 specific clues.

On my last run, I actively avoided picking up any other clues and was directed to infiltrate Janus’s house after listening to the video tape. But on previous runs, I picked up the letter or the microfilm, and then the Mission Story ended right after listening to the video tape. Doing it that last way unlocked the final Mission Story challenge and I finally got my tranquilizer gun!

It can also knock out two people who are facing each other, as long as both have been darted before the first of them collapses into proper unconsciousness. Good way to get a double KO when turning them would be risky or slow and legshots or flash grenade would be noticed.

Best to think of it not so much as a gun and more as a tool for double knockouts that just happens to go in a pistol slot.

Does this result in No Bodies Found? (AKA are you saying this action does not nullify SA)

Correct. Once they go into “dizzy” state, they stop noticing anything. As long as the second person hit is dizzy before the first person is KO’d, neither can spot a body.

Hmmm, I’ll have to try this. I think I’m too slow at reloading it. It’s a bit annoying that it doesn’t auto reload as there’s only one per clip/chamber