Laptops and Computers - Discussion Thread

Nice! Glad you found it! Have you bought it? :smiley:

No, I’m actually saving up to help my friend buy something expensive.

I’m also dealing with a bunch of different things in my personal life, so adding on top of that, plus Christmas is coming around the corner, I probably won’t get it until 2018. But it’s okay, I can wait a few months.

1 Like

Yea just dont rush and buy, it’s good to wait because prices might fall a bit, try buying it in March :smiley:

1 Like

bam

Jesus christ I found an even better laptop

The laptop’s only $1,800!

Hah, I’m just kidding. It’s not chea-JOKES ON YOU, MY FRIEND CAN GET THE LAPTOP FOR $1508

@YourGudBudNel
Monster laptop, you were saying? Kappa.

Compare it for yourself:

Predator G3-571

00 pm

Dell Inspiron 15 7000 15" Gaming Laptop

bam

2 Likes

I think the Acer Predator G3-571 is better than the Dell Inspiron15 7000, they have the same processor i7-7700HQ Quad Core, but the Acer have 6GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 and the Dell have “only” 4GB NVIDIA GeForce 1050 TI

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1060-6GB-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1050-Ti/3639vs3649

3 Likes

Okay, the Predator may be good, but the only downside is it’s $1994. The other laptop has small differences (when it comes to things other than graphics) and only costs $1500. I honestly just want to play hitman at a good quality so I can rek everyone on the leaderboards AND ACTUALLY PLAY MARRAKESH

I don’t understand that, why pay $1500 for a gaming laptop that will most likely be outdated in a year? The Acer with 6GB GPU will not be outdated so fast and it only cost $494 more.
I wouldn’t buy a gaming laptop in the first place, i don’t know if you can change the CPU or the GPU, RAM and HD can be changed, but a gaming laptop is nothing other than a very expensive gaming console like Playstation or Xbox.
If you buy a stationary gaming pc you can change everything you want, when new games is coming out and demands more powerful PC to run smoothly.

You can clearly see the difference between 1050 TI 4 GB and 1060 GTX 6 GB:

This is a pc i want :grinning:

very powerful, but expensive 14000,- NOK is ca £1400,- :open_mouth:

1 Like

What’s better? A few things are better with the laptop, but a few things are better with the Desktop.

Predator G3-710 Gaming Desktop

• $1994 AUD
  • i7-7700 Processor
  • 16GB RAM
  • 2TB HDD
  • 3GB GTX 1060 Graphics
  • AC WiFi
  • Bluetooth
  • Windows 10
  • $2296 AUD for 128GB SSD + 2TB HDD, 6GB GTX 1060

Predator G3-571 Gaming Laptop

• $1977 AUD
  • i7-7700HQ Processor
  • 16GB DDR4 RAM
  • 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD
  • 6GB NIVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Graphics
  • AC WiFi
  • Bluetooth
  • Gigabit LAN
  • Windows 10
1 Like

I think 3GB is enough for now, the best part is you can change out this graphics card if and when you want to upgrade to 6GB GTX 1060 etc:grinning:.
Cool looking desktop as well.

2 Likes

Alright. I’m settled.

$1994 for the Predator G3-710 Desktop.
And if I feel like I need to change it, I have the opportunity to actually do it.

2 Likes

That’s the beauty with desktops and these parts is easy to upgrade if you need that later :grinning::

Uten navn

3 Likes

Was customizing an Alienware 17 laptop on Dell’s website, and I ended up with this:

7th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ (Quad-Core, 6MB Cache, up to 3.8GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
Windows 10 Home 64-bit English
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5
17.3 inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS Anti-Glare 300-nits
16GB DDR4 at 2400MHz (2x8GB)
180GB M.2 SATA 6Gb/s SSD (Boot) + 1TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage)
Killer 1535 802.11ac 2x2 WiFi and Bluetooth 4.1
Lithium Ion (99 Wh) Battery

It’s only $1,700. I think it has almost the same specs as the Predator, but I’m not sure. What’s better? The Predator G3-571 or the Customised Alienware 17?

I’m thinking of getting that Predator gaming PC for when I’m home, and a gaming laptop for when I’m travelling.

Also, I can definitely get a gaming laptop in either June or July :smiley:

EDIT: Just realised that it came from Dell’s website and the $1700 is in USD. Oh well :confused:

2 Likes

I’ve gotten an Acer Aspire V Nitro - Black Edition as my gaming laptop and I’ve also gotten a cooling pad to go with it.

However, I just couldn’t stop looking at this damn beast!

1 Like

Off topic question, @Opal_Hitman, (if you feel comfortable sharing) was that picture taken in the original post from an Australian JB Hifi? I didn’t think it was anywhere but Australia, and it’s nice to see a (possible) fellow Aussie :grin:

Yeah, it’s from an Australian JB HiFi. Cheers mate :beers:

1 Like

Well, I’ve used the cooling pad lately. It definitely slows down the speed of which the cores start heating up… but it doesn’t completely stop it from going above 70 degrees (Celsius). I still have to constantly check my CPU Thermometer program to make sure it’s not overheating. It still goes up to degrees around 88.

Another problem: The exhaust of the laptop is higher up the bottom of the laptop, and it isn’t in the middle. Unfortunately, most cooling pads I see have nonadjustable fans right in the middle, which won’t do anything.

Any tips?

Alright.

So I have plans to get a new PC since my current laptop is crap.

I originally wanted to build it, but my dad made some pretty good points about warranty and a few other things.

I’m looking for gaming Desktops with a GTX 1070 or higher, possibly with an i9 CPU, but I’m not bothered with having an i7 instead.

Trying to look for PCs by MSI as they seem to have reasonable prices for really good desktops.

Just curious, what PCs have you guys got?

https://www.msi.com/Desktop/Infinite-X

I have my eyes on these two MSI desktops.

I compared them and they both seem to have their pros and cons.

https://www.msi.com/comparison/desktop/?unique=id1558268808295&compare_list=["QWVnaXMtMy05VEg=","SW5maW5pdGUtWA=="]

Aegis

• Has a 9th gen professor compared to the Infinite’s 8th gen

• Has a RTX 2070 that according to this site, gets 119 FPS on 1080p Ultra quality compared to the Infinite’s GTX 1080 that only gets 95 FPS.

• The Aegis is a much smaller desktop with dimensions of 433.18 x 376.11 x 169.92mm compared to the Infinite’s 210 x 450 x 488.

• The Aegis comes with 4 accessories including a warranty card, while the Infinite has none at all.

—-

Infinite

• Has 64 GB system memory compared to the Aegis’ 32 GB

• The Infinite has 2 USB 3.1 ports and 1 USB 2 port at the front, while the Aegis has one of each. At the rear, the Infinite has 4 USB 3.1 ports and 2 USB 2 ports compared to the Aegis which has 2 USB 2.1 ports and 4 USB 3.1 ports (2 Gen A, 2 Gen B)

• The Infinite has an Exclusive Silent Storm cooling of Type 3 Pro, while the Aegis has a Type 2.

—-

Looking at the comparisons, I’m learning more towards the Aegis because of its better graphics card, CPU and especially needed warranty card.

The Aegis has a huge price of $3000 (AUD), but I think I saw somewhere that the Infinite X is $5000, and I don’t even know if that was AUD.

Do you guys think the Aegis or the Infinite is better?

• Aegis 3 9TH
  • Infinite X

0 voters

Nvm, I found the golden one. Trident X Plus 9th has an 9th gen i9 processor and it has an RTX 2080. Comes with warranty as well.