Laptops and Computers - Discussion Thread

You can find cheeper PC’s here

https://www.centrecom.com.au/buildpc

And they have stores around in Australia.

Ordering online is the way to go. A huge amount of options, and there’s plenty of Australian-based sellers. Not sure why waiting a week for delivery would be such a problem.

I honestly would never recommend buying a gaming PC from a store, you can’t customise much, choices are limited, and you’ll end up paying significantly more.

4 Likes

i suggest building a PC yourself

5 Likes

What’s the budget limit? Do you want to build a PC or a pre built one? What stores (with websites) do you use in Australia?

1 Like

I’ve tried changing my judgement on whether I should get a PC or Laptop.

Just want to know: would the Predator G3-571 Gaming Laptop be able to run Hitman at a normal super sampling of 1.00 and a good FPS?

Here’s the guts (and it sells for only $1977 AUD!):
Intel Core 17-7700 Processor
16GB DDR4 RAM
128GB SSD + 1TB HDD
6GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Graphics
15.6" Full HD IPS Screen
Gigabit LAN
AC WiFi & Bluetooth
Windows 10

(I included a few other specs not related to graphics to see if they affect anything about the laptop negatively when it comes to hitman)

EDIT: Just realised Steam has recommended specifications for every game, I should maybe look at that first, uhehueuheuheuh

EDIT: Yeah it’s good. Forget the first post.If you have comments though, please say them.

2 Likes

dudeeeeee this is a monster laptop! :smiley: Go for it, you can play every available game on high custom settings at 45FPS+ :smiley:

1 Like

@YourGudBudNel Forgot to say this before, but I actually just found that in a magazine. Didn’t look in store or anything. Lucky I got it.

1 Like

Nice! Glad you found it! Have you bought it? :smiley:

No, I’m actually saving up to help my friend buy something expensive.

I’m also dealing with a bunch of different things in my personal life, so adding on top of that, plus Christmas is coming around the corner, I probably won’t get it until 2018. But it’s okay, I can wait a few months.

1 Like

Yea just dont rush and buy, it’s good to wait because prices might fall a bit, try buying it in March :smiley:

1 Like

bam

Jesus christ I found an even better laptop

The laptop’s only $1,800!

Hah, I’m just kidding. It’s not chea-JOKES ON YOU, MY FRIEND CAN GET THE LAPTOP FOR $1508

@YourGudBudNel
Monster laptop, you were saying? Kappa.

Compare it for yourself:

Predator G3-571

00 pm

Dell Inspiron 15 7000 15" Gaming Laptop

bam

2 Likes

I think the Acer Predator G3-571 is better than the Dell Inspiron15 7000, they have the same processor i7-7700HQ Quad Core, but the Acer have 6GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 and the Dell have “only” 4GB NVIDIA GeForce 1050 TI

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1060-6GB-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1050-Ti/3639vs3649

3 Likes

Okay, the Predator may be good, but the only downside is it’s $1994. The other laptop has small differences (when it comes to things other than graphics) and only costs $1500. I honestly just want to play hitman at a good quality so I can rek everyone on the leaderboards AND ACTUALLY PLAY MARRAKESH

I don’t understand that, why pay $1500 for a gaming laptop that will most likely be outdated in a year? The Acer with 6GB GPU will not be outdated so fast and it only cost $494 more.
I wouldn’t buy a gaming laptop in the first place, i don’t know if you can change the CPU or the GPU, RAM and HD can be changed, but a gaming laptop is nothing other than a very expensive gaming console like Playstation or Xbox.
If you buy a stationary gaming pc you can change everything you want, when new games is coming out and demands more powerful PC to run smoothly.

You can clearly see the difference between 1050 TI 4 GB and 1060 GTX 6 GB:

This is a pc i want :grinning:

very powerful, but expensive 14000,- NOK is ca £1400,- :open_mouth:

1 Like

What’s better? A few things are better with the laptop, but a few things are better with the Desktop.

Predator G3-710 Gaming Desktop

• $1994 AUD
  • i7-7700 Processor
  • 16GB RAM
  • 2TB HDD
  • 3GB GTX 1060 Graphics
  • AC WiFi
  • Bluetooth
  • Windows 10
  • $2296 AUD for 128GB SSD + 2TB HDD, 6GB GTX 1060

Predator G3-571 Gaming Laptop

• $1977 AUD
  • i7-7700HQ Processor
  • 16GB DDR4 RAM
  • 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD
  • 6GB NIVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Graphics
  • AC WiFi
  • Bluetooth
  • Gigabit LAN
  • Windows 10
1 Like

I think 3GB is enough for now, the best part is you can change out this graphics card if and when you want to upgrade to 6GB GTX 1060 etc:grinning:.
Cool looking desktop as well.

2 Likes

Alright. I’m settled.

$1994 for the Predator G3-710 Desktop.
And if I feel like I need to change it, I have the opportunity to actually do it.

2 Likes

That’s the beauty with desktops and these parts is easy to upgrade if you need that later :grinning::

Uten navn

3 Likes

Was customizing an Alienware 17 laptop on Dell’s website, and I ended up with this:

7th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ (Quad-Core, 6MB Cache, up to 3.8GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
Windows 10 Home 64-bit English
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5
17.3 inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS Anti-Glare 300-nits
16GB DDR4 at 2400MHz (2x8GB)
180GB M.2 SATA 6Gb/s SSD (Boot) + 1TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage)
Killer 1535 802.11ac 2x2 WiFi and Bluetooth 4.1
Lithium Ion (99 Wh) Battery

It’s only $1,700. I think it has almost the same specs as the Predator, but I’m not sure. What’s better? The Predator G3-571 or the Customised Alienware 17?

I’m thinking of getting that Predator gaming PC for when I’m home, and a gaming laptop for when I’m travelling.

Also, I can definitely get a gaming laptop in either June or July :smiley:

EDIT: Just realised that it came from Dell’s website and the $1700 is in USD. Oh well :confused:

2 Likes