I’ve come up with an idea for a new competition which may or may not work. Let’s see…
- You start the contract with no loadout and in the default location; no smuggled items allowed.
- It must be possible to complete the contract with silent assassin rating without using any items on the map.
- Each contract has 1, 2, or 3 targets and there must be no disguise restriction or kill conditions.
- You are not supposed to use any items found on the map, but if you do then your final score will receive the following reductions:
- Each item you add an item to your inventory you receive a 20 second penalty,
- Each time you use an item (throwing, dropping, and melees) in your inventory receives a 10 second penalty,
- Each time you change disguise you receive a 60 second penalty.
- For example, the classic coin lure trick would cost you a 60 second penalty: pick up a coin (20 seconds), drop the coin to attract NPC (10 seconds), pick it up again (20 seconds), and throw the coin to lure the NPC (10 seconds).
- You may nudge, subdue, snap neck, drag bodies, open doors, operate switches, taps, and so on without any penalty.
- You may play the contract as often as you like with minimap and instincts enabled, but you may only submit one entry per round.
- The winner is the player with the best time after time penalties have been applied. If there is a tie then the first person to submit their run is the winner.
- The competition lasts one week.
Of course, the rules can changed if we feel there are improvements.
(Note: The rules changed from a points penalty system to a time penalty system for the beginning of round 2.)
I’ll start the competition with the first contract for Xbox. It’d be great if anyone on PS4 or PC who was interested in playing could re-create it.
Title: LIM #1
Location: Sapienza by Sunset (Landslide)
ID: 1-04-6624936-67 (PC); 2-04-2121115-23 (PS4); 3-04-4418025-05 (Xbox)
Deadline: Saturday, 12 August 2017