Let's talk about the Targets in Hitman 2

So far, we’ve seen from the trailer and the Florida briefing that Robert Knox and his daughter Sierra Knox will be the two targets in that mission. Sierra is a Formula 1 driver and her father Robert (I assume he is the CEO/Founder of a company called Kronstadt).

They’re also very naughty people:

Growing up with a father who always worked, Sierra developed a somewhat reckless personality, always trying to outdo everyone else - Including her old man. At age of 17, she was deeply involved with competitive short distance running and, worried that she might lose to her high school competitor, paid a man to ensure her competitor didn’t run that afternoon. The competitor was chained to a wheelchair for the rest of her life while Sierra won the race easily, the tactic is one she would use again and again to get the upper hand in both athletics and life in general.

Sierra Knox is currently highly invested in the Kronstadt Racing Team and is the company’s lead driver in the innovation race. She’s won the race multiple times and is expected to bring home the trophy again.

Not only a high school bully and manipulator, but a WAR CRIMINAL too!!

So, I guess now, we need to find out more about Kronstadt. Who they are, what their business is in, etc.

I know Sierra is a target, but do we know if Robert is a target too? Not to mention the 3rd guy mentioned in the briefing who is part of the Chinese race team, is he a target? Feels a little vague.

I wonder if we’ll see any gameplay during E3.

Take a look at the top screenshot - It says “Target Dossier - Robert and Sierra Knox”, so I am assuming that both are likely to be targets.

True, although I also notice in the other screenshot it says that Sierra is the primary target. Maybe Robert and the Chinese racer are secondary targets?

Maybe.

I’ve had a go at transcribing the text from the trailer, I think this is reeasonably accurate:

Growing up with a father who always worked, Sierra developed a somewhat reckless personality, always trying to outdo everyone else - Including her old man. At age of 17, she was deeply involved with competitive short distance running and, worried that she might lose to her high school competitor, paid a man to ensure her competitor didn’t run that afternoon. The competitor was chained to a wheelchair for the rest of her life while Sierra won the race easily, the tactic is one she would use again and again to get the upper hand in both athletics and life in general.

Sierra Knox is currently highly invested in the Kronstadt Racing Team and is the company’s lead driver in the innovation race. She’s won the race multiple times and is expected to bring home the trophy again.

Unless I heard it wrong, he’s the client who wanted to keep his 3/5 year streak.

I thought Sierra was the one who was on a streak, with her about to potentially win for the 3rd time in a row.

Wait, I think we heard Kronstadt Industries before. Think it was mentioned that Ken Morgan repped them.

Yes, they are mentioned multiple times:

• Client of ET#5
  • To secure a job, Claus Strandberg created a non-existence university called Kronstadt University.
  • They are the ones that created KAI (Kronstadt Artificial Intelligence).

Or perhaps the Chinese guy is somewhat in danger (learning about the things Sierra has done) and you have to ensure that he survives.

IOI confirmed in the live stream reveal that they are both targets in Miami.

So Sierra, her dad and the Chinese guy are all targets? Woo, baby, a triple! Just saying, the last main mission with more than two targets wasn’t received well. Hoping for the best.

I hope so… :blush:

Because mission was terrible itself, map was boring, and targets were, let’s say, lame…

Both Robert Knox and Moses Lee? I don’t remember them mentioning Lee being a target.

They don’t, but the fact he’s mentioned in the briefing quite prominently is making people think he could be a target.

Personally I don’t think he is, but we will have to wait and see.

I don’t believe Lee is a target. He doesn’t look unique enough. I’m almost certain, however, that you can take his cloths as part of an opportunity.

The fact that the video is named “briefing” is making people think that it is actually a briefing rather than just a mission intro lol, the channel that uploaded that video is just some random stealth gaming channel after all. If it was actually a briefing he’d be more likely a target.

This is what I think too. And yeah he looks like pretty much every Chinese male in Hitman to me, not something like Kong. I also don’t see a reason why we would have targets from both racing teams.

First off mad agent skills for parsing the text!

Second, this indicates that in the default script… the Kowloon car may either be sabotaged or that there may be a threat to Moses Lee’s life since this race is a repeat of Sierra’s running race debacle at Age 17!

If we repair the Kowloon car or ensure Moses makes it to the race then Sierra could lose… and that may lead to… an opportunity.

More opportunities could be that if we find what she planned for the Kowloon car and use it on her car instead.

My thoughts on Moses Lee is he is like the Hokkaido Director, Abel Da Silva, Cowboy Dexter, Helmut Kruger characters… too prominent to be an extra… with some position of significance but not a Target.

I also guess he’ll be a popular Target in Contracts Mode. :slight_smile:

I am also guessing that eliminating Sierra in a Car Accident will be one way to get Robert Knox in the open ala “Curtains Down”.

You see at race venues a loud speaker usually announces major incidents. So when the venue speakers blare out that “There has been an accident involving Kronstadt Car No. 1”… Robert will naturally have to rush to Medical Centre or the scene of the carnage and weep for his loss.

Which is when we can get him.