Let's Talk Sports

Silverstone was probably the 2nd best F1 race in my lifetime. Incredible action. Super fun. I’m glad Zhou didn’t die with that upsides down slide (actually he was back at the track before the race ended), but just a fantastic race. Nice to hear the worlds happiest national anthem again too.

Here’s the crash replay…

NHL Draft starts tonight. Montreal has 14 picks, the most, but of course you’re never going to sign all the guys you draft so I expect some trading up is going to happen. We do have the 1st overall though, so the rebuild is starting strong.

1 Like

HOLY SHIT

Flames trade Matthew Tkachuk to the Panthers for Jonathan Huberdeau, Mackenzie Weegar and a 1st round pick in 2025. Florida got robbed.

2 Likes
2 Likes

In other F1 news, silly season is getting quite silly.

1 Like

Well then why did they let Alonso go to Aston? :joy:. He’s still top 6 on the grid.

1 Like
2 Likes

Max Pacioretty is gonna be out at least 6 months with a torn Achilles’ tendon. Always loved Max when he was in Montreal. The media was way too harsh on him.

Bill Russell is getting the Jackie Robinson treatment. (Players, like LeBron James, who already wear 6 can continue to wear it, but no new 6s will be issued.)

“Bill Russell’s unparalleled success on the court and pioneering civil rights activism deserve to be honored in a unique and historic way,” NBA Commissioner Adam Silver said. “Permanently retiring his No. 6 across every NBA team ensures that Bill’s transcendent career will always be recognized.”

1 Like