Letter to Hitmanforum

All good things must come to an end I suppose. I can’t say I like this, I have a hard time with change, but something had to be done in order to keep the forums alive, so I fully understand.

Your contribution to this community has been massive, there’s so much history here that you’ve been apart of and helped forge, and for that I would like to thank you. I don’t know that I’ve been here for all 17 years, but almost…

Hope to see you around here, even though I sense that, at least partially, you’ve outgrown the franchise.

I wish you all the best.

7 Likes

At least he went out with a bang, right?

5 Likes

Thank you @ampburner for running this forum. I know @Jarbinger will do a great job in your stead.

4 Likes

@Jarbinger is a great choice,also thank you so much for all that you have done for the forum. You created an amazing platform filled with amazing people that I am glad I’m a part of.
Cheers to you,@ampburner.

6 Likes

Thank you @ampburner for entrusting me with the forum you nurtured and oversaw for so long, I am flattered by your trust and the vote of confidence from everyone in this thread. I do hope you’ll drop in from time to time - if only to enjoy not having to worry about any of the chaos that ensures.

I do apologize for the delay in this response, but it seems the announcement managed to coincide with the absolute busiest period of my life both personally and professionally. However I promise I am keeping an eye on the place and will not let my pending ascension to godhood personally.

Currently I’m in the midst of doing the hardware transfer, which is kind of an adventure in itself, and sorting through matters so more news will be forthcoming once I can confirm it. Until then, please be assured than any temporary outages are simply the will of the computer. Trust the computer.

21 Likes

You really want the best to happen to the forum, and I appreciate you admitting you can’t run it fully anymore, giving control to someone else.

Good luck in your future life! :smile:

2 Likes

Nathan Drake offers a toast as well.

5 Likes

assuming direct control

5 Likes

maxresdefault%20(1)

8 Likes

Thank you Ampburner!

4 Likes

Wow, this place sure went to the dogs… :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers, Kim!

4 Likes

You’re not my supervisor!

4 Likes

One of the perks of retirement, I get to just drop in and poke at you every once in a while.

Looks like you’ve got it from here… I’ll be back in several years to wreak havoc check on your progress.

2 Likes

You might not remember me ampburner, or you might, but I’m actually a very old face from back in the day. I think I was member number 70 or 77, I don’t quite remember, from the original forum. Can’t believe you kept this place running all of this time. I checked out HitmanHQ but that place is ghosttown. Recently got back into the game series with Hitman 1, which was a pleasure to play. Gave me a craving for some nostalgia and who do I see here still sporting the same angelic avatar :smiley:
Anyway, thanks for keeping this place in top-notch condition. I’ve got many sweet memories linked to HF, even though I was, in retrospect, always more of a cynical observer rather than a true contribution to the community.
Any other old cats still around? I recall Hitbert, another Belgian! I already saw Krelian, your German buddy right? Nice, nice. Well, see you later! Looking forward to explore some of the topics here.
edit: first discovery: you got to be a character in Sapienza? That’s awesome!! I’ll find you and kill you at once :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hi Franz haha tof dat je er nog bij bent!

I have not been able to re-play the old Hitman games to be honest. They seem so dated to me now that I can hardly spend 15 minutes with them before I get frustrated. Looking forward to Hitman 2 though!

PS @krelian is not a German o_O

5 Likes

Haha, ja, Hitman voor het leven!
With regards to Krelian, I guess my memory is in even worse shape than I thought, but I did get some stuff right. He changed his nickname a couple of times, I do remember that. If not, I must be talking about some completely different person.
Looking forward to Hitman 2 as well but still having so much fun with earlier installments that there’s honestly no rush :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ah I remember! @krelian used to go by the handle ‘jman’, which got turned into ‘Ger-man’ although he’s not actually Deutsch.

3 Likes

Sorry to bump this, but bc of my hiatus, I’m just seeing it now. Thanx for all the effort you put in Amp. I love this place.

2 Likes