Looking for Room 909

This thread is to list map locations that serve as ideal Sniper Nests given certain conditions or due to unusual or unexplainable Map properties.

Please do not include locations that would only be viable using Explosive or Bullet Impact distractions.

7 Likes

Map: Sapienza

Mission: The Author

Location: Level 2 Shops, Corner Balcony facing towards Cemetery.

Required Preparation: KO 7 NPC’s (not hard at all really) on Level 2 Shop floor and one Guard nearest stairway access to the Sniper Nest.

Video:

1 Like

Mission: World of Tomorrow

Required Preparation: None

Video:

Credit to @CHAOS_AGENT_45

3 Likes

Mission: Landslide

Required Preparation: KO 3 x Guards. Optional: +1 Girl NPC in adjoining Apartment. Also recommended to place KO-ed NPC’s in boxes/wardrobes to retard Searching Logic.

Video:

The chances guards search your area seem to increase for each NPC not hidden away, and if the door to the Girl’s Apartment is left open. Her apartment seems to have high sound and detection rate (KO-ing her on the balcony is always Crime Noticed, while KO-ing the guard in the balcony we use is never noticed).

Required Preparation: The Door to Rocco’s Apartment must be closed. Note that in other variants of this map an NPC may enter and exit the ground floor of the stairwell so in that situation this NPC may need to be KO-ed as well and placed out of way to cover your kill and escape.

Video:

If attacking someone in the square, the death triggers a consistent logic that sends one guard nearest the Apartment building to check the stairwell and nearby area. Considering the number of witnesses to the kill, however, that counts as very good odds in the shooter’s favor.

This spot should also be suitable for shooting a target in the square with a loud and sure-kill pistol like the Striker as firing a sniper rifle at such a short distance on the move is a bit challenging sometimes.

Location: Stairwell linked to Abiatti Security Hangout Balcony

Required Preparation: KO 3 x Guards. Optional: +1 Girl NPC in adjoining Apartment. Also recommended to place KO-ed NPC’s in boxes/wardrobes to retard Searching Logic.

Video:

The chances guards search your area seem to increase for each NPC not hidden away, and if the door to the Girl’s Apartment is left open. Her apartment seems to have high sound and detection rate (KO-ing her on the balcony is always Crime Noticed, while KO-ing the guard in the balcony we use is never noticed).

A bit tricky shooting through the rattan barrier. :wink:

The windows in the Stairwell may also be useful for sniper kills into the bay area.

Required Preparation: The Door to Rocco’s Apartment must be closed and the NPC inside must be KO-ed.

If your Target is in Bravuomo’s Office, you must destroy windows of the stairwell first as penetration only works for one thin wall but won’t go through two.

Video:

This would have been handy back in the Guru ET mission. :wink: (EDIT: This spot does not work in the World of Tomorrow variant of the map)

Map: Mumbai

Mission: Chasing A Ghost

Required Preparation: KO the Kashmirian. Remove his Rifle if you wish to use one of your own.

Note that the Balcony connected to the Sniper Nest is not sound absorbent. You will be heard if you take a shot from this balcony. Stay inside the nest itself.

Video:

Map: Mumbai

Mission: Chasing A Ghost

Required Preparation: KO the two guests sitting outside the apartment at the table and hide them in a Box/Wardrobe.

Note the balcony outside the apartment window is not sound absorbent and will result in Gunshot Heard.

Video:

Using this spot to kill a Target on the bridge such as Vanya can send two guards into the Chawl after a lengthy delay. It is also easy for the guards to get lost, as without sound detection they have no idea where the shot actually came from and Searching can end with no progress made by them.

Easy to manage.

Map: Santa Fortuna

Mission: Three-Headed Serpent

Required Preparation: KO two guards that patrol this area. Take care not to be seen by the two guards at the iron gate to the Delgado compound. A lockpick may be necessary if you try to access this area directly through the iron gate from the Shaman’s Hut starting point.

Video:

Credit goes to @Tetrafish_21 for pointing out this spot to me.

Once the two guards are KO-ed this entire area seems to be sound absorbent! Even the guards at the Delgado compound that seem to be very near can’t hear a thing, but they will attack if you are spotted visually.

It also may be possible to get Jorge Franco and even Andrea Martinez from this area but I haven’t figured it out. May require ICA phone lures or something.

However, this sniper nest has value for its ability to allow an outright kill on Rico Delgado with relative ease. The only risk is that it is possible Rico’s personal bodyguard will witness his death and then trace route to your spot in Searching (but never instant Combat which is a huge bonus). With all the foliage this lone bodyguard is easy to evade or KO. Very good spot. Would be better if other targets can be brought into line of sight.

N.B.: As of the February 2.14 update, IOI have clarified that Guards need direct Line-of-Sight between them and the Sniper Nest, tracing from the downed victim all the way to the shooting position in order to be able to search your spot. Given that one would naturally shoot Rico Delgado while his personal bodyguard’s LOS would be blocked by the mansion’s walls from seeing this 909 spot, I take this to mean that he should also no longer come here… Will test to update.

2 Likes

I mean, should we mention obvious ones? Like the chapel in Sgail, and the mountain pass in Hokkaido? Both are starting location options

Any spot where 47 can fire a Jaeger Lancer 7 with impunity is a probable 909. :wink:

Watch the videos. A 909 is a magic room or location where firing a loud weapon cannot be detected even if “common sense” says you should get caught.

I just have a preference for spots that already give line of sight for a kill.

I haven’t tried the Hokkaido Mountain Pass. But something tells me that spot is like the Town Hall Tower Starting Point in Sapienza - which is almost useless as a Sniper Nest due to what appears to be heightened detection logic.

You expect IOI to place +10 alert detection in obvious places.

We’ll leave it to the experts to figure out the combination of lures and tricks for spots with less obvious sightlines. :wink:

1 Like

Map: Miami

Mission: The Finish Line

Required Preparation: KO 3 scientists, and KO 3 bodyguards (1 inside the office, 1 stationed at the door, and 1 roaming who also stops by the door).

Tedious but quite easy since there is a nearby fusebox that can be used to lure the three scientists and can also be used to hide everyone’s body by KO-ing them with melee and having them drop one floor below without dying.

Video:

1 Like

Here’s one for you but it isn’t really a room—the top of shahs trainyard. Snipe the back of her chair from the rafters to get her to stand up then shoot her. Assuming you start in the area as a servant the flag will automatically be triggered and there is a spot in the corner in the roof where you can kill Kale when he arrives. Sniping rangan can be done elsewhere

You have video of this? It works with a Jaeger Lancer? A proper 909 nest masks a Jaeger Lancer.
This is the main value of a 909 spot is that it totally eliminates the issue of whether you can get caught. :slight_smile:

Oh no it does not work with the lancer I do not have a video of this because I can figure out how get xbox captures uploaded on here

It is really good with a silenced rifle and sniping wazir with his lover is probably one of my favorite snipes in the game

1 Like

In a room 909, you’re supposed to be able to shoot with a lancer without anyone hearing it. The sound should be closed. It should not be open like a Miami motel rooftop where everyone can hear the shot.
You can see examples from Soups videos.

1 Like

Oh ok I either didn’t read that or I forgot. A sound proof area is the garage in New York, but that’s not exactly going to help with sniping now will it?

1 Like

Lol not really, the bank doesn’t have any sniper advantage.

A good room 909 example is Sapienza watch tower where you can spawn in your suit. No one will hear the shot, except for the kitchen staff guy whp goes downstairs inront of the door to take a smoke in his routine. So take him out and then you’re free to shoot with loud guns from the tower.

I learnt this from @Urben actually :smile: