Lucas Grey (aka Subject 6)

Thanks, I usually check this forum out on my phone and don’t see any options for it. Will keep it in mind to head to pc when using spoilers

Very true… but If it does come back with the Episodic format, even with a mapped out idea… anything could happen mid-stream, but I see your point. :v:

The end scene after Haven is written well, the various dialogues indicate various options. Someone is likely to be up to something with Arthur.

Could be Diana alone - she was alone with Arthur and there’s no way for Grey or 47 to tell who actually sent the message that it was going according to plan. Olivia likely dead here.

Could be Grey with Diana, similar explanation.

Similarly could be Olivia alone - she might have known about the various accounts all along and have sent a message that it’s all okay. Diana likely dead here.

Could be Grey with Olivia, similar explanation.

Could be Grey alone, he received a message that the money’s gone to Arthur along with surprise from Olivia and Diana.

Can’t be Olivia and Diana together or them with Grey as the interaction between Olivia and Diana then makes no sense.

Unlikely to be 47.

1 Like

Correct, but they did include alot of details. I think the best one I noticed is that there’s 2 NPCs in The Final Test that talk about Janus.

On mobile, you can tap the tree lines next to the arrow that closes the reply box, then tap the cog icon and Blur Spoiler should be there.

2 Likes

Found it, thanks! 202020

1 Like

Tagging my post as an introduction to my reply to this thread.
As nice as having the Shadow Client as the antagonist would be, I think Grey (Gray?) and Olivia betraying 47 and Diana seems too predictable :confused: I think maybe the ending of Season 2 might be leading to the reveal that the Constant persuaded Diana to untie him? Poisoned her mind against 47 by revealing who killed her parents. But then how the conversation go?

Edwards:Providence killed your parents, and they used 47 to do it.
Burnwood: “Good God Almighty!”
Edwards:Yes…you should help me take it over so I can continue its existence and more people can get hurt in the same manner.
Burnwood: "Okay :slight_smile: "

I can see how he would turn her against 47 and the rest of the clan, but I can’t see what could persuade her to help him take over Providence.

1 Like

Keep in mind, there are probably still crew members of Grey’s on board, even though they haven’t been shown. Maybe the crew has been infiltrated somehow, and the constant captured/freed by them? Maybe retired to the ocean for being compromised and all assets temporarily transferred to him? Until the partners can regroup? Tbh, I think too many are too convinced for whatever reason, that Grey turns on 47. It could happen that way, I just don’t see any absolute facts suggesting this.

1 Like

I think people don’t like Grey, so they want the ability to kill him :smile: personally I don’t mind him, but I think as a character, he has weakened since Season 1. Maybe it’s just the lack of mystique? It’s probably because we spent all of Season 1 wanting to know what his story is and what drives him. Now there are no more mysteries, he’s not so special and the wonder is gone. That said, there are so many things I would do with the character if I was an IO writer! :heart_eyes:
It is entirely possible the Constant just escaped of his own devices and nobody has betrayed anybody. Though I think Diana might’ve noticed if someone was departing the boat by jumping into a lifeboat or something :laughing:

1 Like

My thing is as much as I’ve enjoyed both IO an now WBs attempt at humanizing 47 (since '01s Silent Assassin an the priest). Enough is enough… you can only go to that well just so many times till it starts getting cliche, an as much as I’ve enjoyed their attempts (now with Grey) … here’s hopin they find a way to end his screen time within the first 5mins of H3. JMHO

1 Like

Do you mean 47 or Grey?

Grey… No matter how hard you try, ya cant kill 47!

1 Like

Oh good, I was worried :laughing: maybe they could write him out in physicality, like “I’ve gotta’ go 47, I’ve left the stove on. I mean, you don’t need me anymore.” and he just occasionally checks in. Personally I really like the character, but I appreciate he can get a bit boring after a while.

He made a GREAT villan, from the time he was introduced 1st in the Cinematic trailer in '16, but as his true intention (loosely used term) came to light in H2, an I put together where I’ve seen this storyline in the hitmqn franchise before… I couldn’t help but raise an eyebrow to IO an WB an shake my head. :joy:

1 Like

I know, the predicted trajectory isn’t looking good :sweat_smile: the character has potential though! That’s why I’m not ready to abandon him yet :smile:

I can’t be the only person who thought this was a really bad plot twist or turn or whatever. Never played Codename: 47 but doesn’t 47 only kill after he joins the ICA? The only game where you dont kill for the ICA is Absolution but Providence isnt in Absolution.Maybe there’s something about it somewhere outside of the games but as far as I know, 47 never killed for Providence.

2 Likes

The prologue of the 2016 game doesn’t precisely say it but when he arrives at the training facility Diana remarks he has an impressive record, he’s the result of previous training and all that.

1 Like

I don’t like to criticism the writers because I know it’s a job where you’re trying to get objective success out of something subjective, but I do agree that the Providence/Blue Seed thing was weird. And 47’s long lost brother (6) kind of made me think “Oh? Was that it?” :face_with_raised_eyebrow: the plot has nice parts, but those two things never sat right for me. The writers are very good, especially with Season 1’s story cutscenes, but I think they must’ve been having an off-day when they wrote “Diana only had one sibling and now he’s dead. Parents aren’t alive anymore either. 47 killed them, and he has a long lost brother called 6.” :confused:

The exact conversation goes:
Diana: “I read your case file. Impressive work. Hardly textbook, but I suppose fieldwork never is. Tell me, what did it feel like, taking lives?”
47: “Random. Disordered.”
Diana: “Is that why you came here? Why you let us test you?”

I interpreted that as when 47 escaped the asylum, his genetic engineering as a killer meant he couldn’t help himself from killing strangers. Like a kind of serial killer, performing sloppy ‘hardly textbook’ murders. But without Ortmeyer to direct him, his actions had no purpose, no order or logic. So that’s why he joined the ICA - to be given structure and order over who he kills and why. I guess you could say he needs them as much as they need him! Apart from trying to kill him in Absolution and (arguably) in Silent Assassin :smile:

2 Likes

Actually, this storyline picks up from that of the comic books, Birth of a Hitman. In it, he and Subject 6 were sent to kill on behalf of Providence until 47 disappeared into the world. Where he freelanced as an assassin.

Does somebody know why he sometimes wears this bandage? First I thought he was only wearing it when he used that sniper rifle, but actually he sometimes wears it, sometimes not :thinking: