Mafia Trilogy (Mafia 1 remake)

6 Likes

So like are they gonna remake the first game?

3 Likes

If they do, then they better fix that damn race.

However I’m all for this, I always rated the two first Mafia games higher then most GTA games.

5 Likes

can anybody tell me what was wrong with the 3rd game. ive never played these games so idk

Mafia 1 and 2 are great, i havent played Mafia 3 but only heard bad things, I’ve lost immediately interest in part 3 when i read an interview with one of the Devs who said the wanted to stay away from this whole Italian Mafia Family Cliché lol

7 Likes

From my understanding the game fell into the trap of creating far repetitive content between the big main missions, where you do the same thing over and over again.

8 Likes

Mafia 3 has a good story that is told like a documentary. The problem with it really is graphically it’s unappealing and gameplay between the story is repetitive and gets tedious really fast.

4 Likes

Hope they don’t muck it up with the Mafia 1 remake.

Problem, officer?

5 Likes

Edit: not my video

8 Likes

Tommy Angelo sounds quite different, looks like it could be more than just a reskin.
either way it’s great to see one of my teenhood favorites get some love.

1 Like

That race came completely out from left field with it’s insane difficulty and having to master it’s wonky driving mechanics to win a one time race. Something 12 year old me struggled with.

3 Likes

yeah that was a frustrating speed bump, thank god for the secret shortcut

3 Likes

Sounds like an old person talking, it could be old Tommy before… well… you know.

4 Likes

Edit: Its not my video btw :wink:

9 Likes

I only played III before. Despite the game has so many flaws, it still amazed me in some aspects. For instance, there’s always been one thing I particularly care about open-world shooter, and that is cars! The game has quite a wide range of cars like American muscles, European sports cars, a few Japanese economic cars, and off-road trucks. Vehicle detail is brilliant too, like I’ve never seen an open-world game where characters actually shift cars and use windshield wipers when raining.

I would like to also talk about its music selection and original scores, but I will leave it to another post. I am quite excited about this good news! :star_struck:

2 Likes
1 Like

Mafia 1 Remake Screenshots baby!

19 Likes

Mafia 1 is one of my all-time favorite games. On another Hitman forum, back in the day Hitman Codename 47 was still widely discussed, a guy kept raving on and on about Mafia being the best game ever and eventually I caved. It didn’t age very well though, but I have fond memories of trying to collect as many cool cars as possible, classic shoot-outs in parking lots and chasing Ufo’s. Well, maybe not that last one, but it kept me busy :slight_smile: There’s this mission on the boat where you have to assassinate a politician during a speech that’s got a distinct Hitman feel to it, with many approaches to achieve SA. There’s also one where you have to break and enter a mansion with a basebal bat that’s got kind of a Beldingford feel going on.

Mafia 2 was pretty neat as well, controls and storyline didn’t feel just as engaging, but that mission that starts you off in a red car was an unforgettable gaming experience. I couldn’t stop wow-ing. Cool outfits too.

Never played Mafia 3.

If they remake Mafia 1 somehow I’m going to play that no questions asked. Be willing to rediscover Mafia 2 and heck, maybe give 3 a chance.

It never felt so secret to me. The shortcut seemed obvious enough to me. But definitely not a great mission.

11 Likes

You are shitting me? is it actually real, like a full blown remake and not just a HD version? My hype level just went up by a hole lot. Now give me a remake of Vice City, Scarface: The World Is Yours and I got all the open world crime games I’m ever gonna need.

9 Likes

HOLY SHITT!!

Mafia1 is one of my most favourite games of all time

3 Likes