Making the perfect Silverballer replica

You’ll be fine. That word isn’t trademarked. It’s a fake name for a copy of a real gun. Maybe if you started to mass produce them and sell them you would get a cease and desist. You certainly would if there was Hitman imagery in the marketing, you’re not mass producing and selling nor are you using their stuff to market your product.

Ultrasabers, Saber Forge, Vader’s Vault and 100 other light sabre makers exist without any issue. Some of them (Solo’s Hold and Vader’s Vault) even use character names (but not images of those characters) from StarWars and Disney can’t do a thing to stop them.

4 Likes

Just saying, all I know of Kickstarter is that it’s a way to independently fund retail products, rather than giving money to help someone’s solo project complete.

You might be thinking of a GoFundMe campaign, where you can get other people to raise money to help you achieve some sort of goal, no product or anything to sell or ship out.

4 Likes

I am planing to start with Please help me finish my Silverballer replica or maybe it’s better just Silverballer replica.
I don’t know.

5 Likes

Definitely include the effort and process you went through to make the replica, everyone on the forum admires your passion, and I’m sure that will help to attract potential donors :smiley:

9 Likes

Yea Mano let me know when it’s set up; I’m in for a couple of dollars.

4 Likes

Hello guys, how are you?
Unfortunately after a year of struggling I came down to the hard choice to open a fund raise for this project.
I feel ashamed to ask for help especially because this is a thing for me but I can’t continue anymore on my own.

With the permission of the moderators, which I thank them from the bottom of my heart for letting me post this, I am here today to share a link where if you want or if you think it is right, you can donate to help me finish my work once and for all.
I put a goal of a very small amount compared with what I have spend so far. I doubt I can even reach the goal but if so happens every cent donated will go only and exclusively on this Silverballer project.

Like always I like to leave an update. These bellow are the final adjustments I have left to do.
Instructions are in Italian because of course everything is done here :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Thank you for your time agents…

11 Likes

Hey Alex, send me your email address and I’ll send you a contribution via PayPal, i dont have a Credit Card :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

I had no idea there wasn’t a paypal option. I just checked.
Really thank you for the tough.

3 Likes

Yeah I was surprised too. I’ve sent you a contribution for your Project.

Keep up the good work!

Blood & Muscle

4 Likes

Man thank you so so much. When you want to come and visit me my offer to stay at my place when ever you want will always be valid.
Thank you again

5 Likes

I sent over 20 euros, its all I can really spare at the moment :sweat_smile:

Wishing you the best :+1:

7 Likes

Thank you so so much

2 Likes

Just donated twice. So you could make Dual Ballers! (PS: It was a joke. Wanted to send 10 euros twice. But that would be silly with the transaction fees)

8 Likes

Thank you very much for the thought.
The donations are meant to finish just this one, to pay a debt I have left for a year. After its done I will finally find peace I guess.
Thank you again.

4 Likes

Monday I will take back my replica to the engraving villa after a year. Somehow I can’t realise it passed so much time. It feels like I was there only months ago.
With a bit of sacrifices and with the kind help from you guys I will finally finish it.
This is the final stage hoping noting goes wrong in the process.

I have no idea when ti will be ready. I’m heading Monday to leave the replica with the instructions of what I have left to do and pay a year debt I have with them, so that means that next time I will go to collect the Silverballer I need to have all the money ready to pay upfront. I hate debts.
It might take to 3 to even 7 months to be ready maybe. I am very confident the final result will be truly stunning.
Thank you again for everyone who helped me. In time I will repay you with a very special and custom gift to each. I promise.

Speaking about stunning I have 2 serious projects going on the side. For once I want to keep the secret till I have everything in hand and ready.
Its going to be something custom, perfect, unique and identical to the games adding a touch of my own to them. A reimagination and personal take brought to life.

14 Likes

Sounds like the duckballer to me :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I came back from the villa with extreme positive vibes.
Vincenzo, the director and the man in charge of my project, told me to not even think to worry about money again. He also said he understood me from the start, of the person I am and he knew that even after a long period I would come back to pay my debt.
It felt really good to hear this.

My next visit will be somewhere in mid December to only check how things are going. This time around everything has to come out perfect without a single mistake

The things to be done are:
1 Full polish to remove rust and imperfections on the sides of both slide and frame.
2 Full clean of the painted parts of the slide and frame adding new paint.
3 Two accessories from the gun that don’t need to be changed or made are going to receive the same paint job. This way the pistol stays with only two color tones.
4 Thumb safety and slide release will be made this time with the same finish tone of the sides (bright).
5 Rear sight will receive the same bright tone. My first intention was to make it black but adding black paint will add more thickness and that might be a problem.
6 The trigger will be made with the same finish as well.
7 The rib sights will also be made with the same finish creating the space that circles the middle of the bar.
8 Cleaning and adjustment of the magazine catch that I damage trying to make it fit on another replica. I will never make this mistake again.
9 Cleaning from scratches and finish restoration of the barrel that I also damaged trying to fit it on another replica.
10 The creation of another set of grip medallions but this time with no shinning effect.
11 Engraving of a serial number that is located near the trigger (A01538).
12 Engravings on the silencer from the Black Trinity since my silencer is exactly that model.
Its a long list and a lot to do this time around. Basically is pretty much everything.

Absolutely not. Not a gun replica :wink:

11 Likes

Is it finally time for the briefcase?

3 Likes

Won’t tell. Nothing official yet.

5 Likes

I might have some great news.

I received only a few pictures just to see how the works are going and so far they got me really exited.
They manage to give the slide release and the thumb safety the same finish as the rest of the gun. I tried this effect the first time but it turned out chrome instead of metallic so then I decided to leave them “raw” titanium but somehow I was still not convinced.
After then I gave them more samples to let them do their testing and now they can finally work around it and make the finish I desire.
I have no idea how it looks mounted because they send me pictures of each piece separated. But it my mind, in my imagination it looks beautiful and right.
This is how the slide release looked before

Another good news, they removed the rust and restored the finish but they seem to have left behind a painting job I asked.

I will visit the engraving villa this Thursday to see the results so far. While most parts might be ready the whole gun still requires some attentions.
In the meanwhile I have to decide if I want to make the rear sight and front sight black or leave them silver.
They propose to use a special paint that they apply on shotguns barrels. Very strong and very durable even when the barrel gets hot but this will add thickness and that might be a problem.
I am considering to make another set of rear sight but not so sure for now.
Absolution model, the one I am following, has a silver tone while previous Absolution like Blood Money and Contracts, the Silverballer has the sights black.

Right now I’m doing a lot of extras at work. It pays really good and I’m doing all this so I can pay all the works upfront this time.
I will be back next week with updates.

15 Likes