Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales

3 Likes

This is also coming to PS4 which is amazing news.

We’re also excited today to reveal that Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales will be arriving on both PS5 and PS4.

Yes, that’s right, we know that some of you may transition to PS5 at different times, which it was why it was important to us to release the latest title in the Marvel’s Spider-Man universe on both consoles.

They’re also remastering the original 2018 Spider-Man game.

On PS5, we are announcing an Ultimate Edition that includes a voucher code** for Marvel’s Spider-Man: Remastered. You’ll be able to experience the complete storyline up to this point, which includes the remaster of the original game and all three installments of the Marvel’s Spider-Man: The City That Never Sleeps DLC so you can play the full narrative arc.

The remaster for the PS5 is no simple up-res, as many of the game’s art assets have been completely updated to take advantage of the PS5 console’s horsepower. You’ll see better-looking characters with improved skin, eyes, hair, and facial animation (including our new, next-generation Peter Parker). You’ll also see ray-traced reflections and ambient shadows, improved lighting, more pedestrians and vehicles stretching further into the distance, and the same optional performance mode offered on Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, allowing you to finally play the game at a targeted 60fps frame rate. We’ll be supporting near-instant loading, 3D audio, and the DualSense controller’s haptic feedback. Lastly we’re adding three amazing new Spider-Man suits, new photo mode features, and even new trophies for those of you looking to Platinum the game all over again.

It doesn’t say anything about the Ultimate Edition being available for PS4 or SM:Remastered being a seperate thing, so… It might be a free upgrade for current PS4 owners. No confirmation on that yet tho!

7 Likes

More details on the remaster of the original game.

They re-cast Peter Parker’s face. Apparently, to get that fresh out of middle school look.

And it sounds like the remaster is only available through Miles Morales (either the Ultimate Edition or the upgrade to it).

4 Likes

I’ll leave the video.

3 Likes

Weirdly looks like Tom Holland.

4 Likes

I am not comfortable with the new face it just looks very weird after playing Spiderman for the PS4 and really getting used to that character and getting to know him it feels like a completely different person now it’s like we’re just playing as Tom Holland

Everybody praise the face they went with originally because it captured the Andrew Garfield and Tom Holland look it was like in the middle but now it just looks like straight up Tom Holland

7 Likes

It’s very uncanny valley it looks more like a deep fake more than anything if you want me to be frank with you.

4 Likes

Which is ridiculous considering he is in college by the time this game swings around. It looked fine the first time I don’t know why they had to change it so drastically :-1:t2:

4 Likes

I agree the original face could’ve use some improvements to make it look more lifelike but the way they did it seems like such a copout

And it’s not even a remastered thing because if Peter Parker shows up in miles Moralez at all or even in the second game he will probably take on this new look which in my opinion is just terrible

6 Likes

That face looks like he is 15 to be honest.

6 Likes

Thanks I hate it.

…
Okay, I don’t haaate it but there’s a certain attachment I had to the original face, and he had a certain maturity to his look. This one just looks like Tom Holland, and that just doesn’t line up with how they described Peter as a college grad, 23-year old guy.

The original face did look a bit uncanny at times but this is too far of a shift! It’s like they got some totally new face actor and then de-aged the character down too! Uugh!
I feel bad for the original actor who scanned his face in. No longer the iconic new Spider-Man they were looking for… Damn.

I also fear that since this is out and they’ve fully revealed this new model, then this is what we’re getting for the future. This is how he’ll look in the remastered game and this is how he’ll look in MM, if he appears there too, and even in any future sequels.
That is… Unless there’s a Sonic Movie-level of backlash that sprouts up. That’s the only way I can see them going back on this face.

4 Likes

GASP Amazing Suit!!!

2 Likes

They didn’t change Miles face so I don’t understand the need to get a new face model for the Remaster… unless the original model was cancelled or something.

I don’t quite know why they recasted the model, but it doesn’t sound like there was anything negative between Insomniac and John Bubniak.

This does bring us to one of the bigger changes. In order to bring the best performances to players with our next-generation Marvel’s Spider-Man games, we have recast the face of Peter Parker. We loved working with John Bubniak on the original game; however, to get a better match to Peter Parker/Spider-Man actor Yuri Lowenthal’s facial capture, we have cast Ben Jordan to be the face model for Peter Parker on the PS5 console. He looks incredible in-game, and Yuri’s moving performances take on a new life.

We don’t exactly know why, but I’ve heard rumors that the reason there might be such a sudden change in the model (in totally recasting the face actor) is probably due to some contracting issues with John. Maybe he couldn’t handle future entries or didn’t sign off on being used in a next-gen re-release.

3 Likes

I don’t hate the new face but that being said I do think it is far to youthful for someone who is 23. If this version of Peter was still in high school then I think more people would be more accepting of it but he isn’t. Also where the fuck is The Swarm? I want my Bee Nazi dammit!

But it is nice to know not even the Spider-Man video games will ever let Peter grow up and mature. Peter Parker? More like Peter Pan!

3 Likes

Spiderverse did it for the most part.

I take it you mean a more mature Peter Parker right? Because I would have remembered a Nazi made of bees in that film. But yes that film did have a more mature Peter which is good but a shame the comics have reset his life yet again.

I hope they at least provide an option to use the original face. The new one looks a bit uncanny in that clip, especially since the Doc’s face looks unchanged.

1 Like

FaceApp edit combing the two faces for a not so terrible effect.

Not perfect still looks too handsome for Peter Parker imo but it’s better than the Tom Holland Lookalike guy they went with.

EDIT: Looking at these pictures I think the problem they did was changing his hair style to parted and slicked back to whatever it is in the remaster. It really fit the character.

4 Likes

Did this even really need a remaster? The PS4 version came out 2 years ago.

4 Likes