May Roadmap (Year 2)

“Freelancer coming this Spring” :kangaroo: :boomerang:

Oi Mate! (lifts his Fostah’s beeah) See inna Spring toim, gubnah!

Well, nice to see new FCs, and a (slim) chance to submit some.

I wonder what all will be in the patch?

In our original plans, we had a patch scheduled for April that would have included fresh new content for that month and throughout May. Now, we’ll be introducing that content with our next patch, planned for May 24th.

So 19 days, something big, maybe.

1 Like

Somehow I doubt that.

2 Likes

I’ve had some where I wasn’t jumping up and down with excitement, but I’ve never been “ah fuck, this month’s gonna suck,” like I’ve seen others. This is the first time where, for right now, I actually preferred the situation an hour ago when I knew none of this. It’ll pass, I’m sure, but I really don’t like what I’ve read today.

2 Likes

Which aspects/examples are you aiming at when thinking of a “less gamey mode”.

Just curious

3 Likes

Replying to myself here lel. Looks like it’s intentionally not a Year 2 ET. https://twitter.com/IOInteractive/status/1522195212977721344

2 Likes

Yeah they’re not Y2 Editions. But reactivated. This is to give new players a change to try their luck :slight_smile:

13 Likes

And for those who beat them to take a break and those that failed them to be reminded of their failures.

2 Likes

I’m thinking something that is not escalations. Freedom to explore slowly without limiting conditions. Voicelines and backstory to the degree that it can be done in a mode like this. The more they’ve put into crafting it as an immersive experience, the better (to me). With all they seem to have done with the customizable safehouse etc., it does cater to the immersive experience, so I hope they stick the landing.

Not that feedback from speedrunners won’t do the mode good as well. Speedrunners are sort of the known players in the Hitman community, so that’s who I thought of when I read the blog. I’m just saying I hope it wasn’t only speedrunners.

8 Likes

That’s something speedrunners like too.

Alright, thank you!

1 Like

That’s a slap in the face. The one Elusive Target that I failed they bring back in a way that I can’t re-do it… I’ll never unlock that hat!

1 Like

Hat? The Bookkeeper?

What way are you not able to do it?

1 Like

If it’s a reactivated contract, and I failed it, I won’t be able to replay it so I will not be able to unlock that hat. If it was a #2 version, I could play it again, but not with a reactivation.

1 Like

Not a fan of the Ducky gun, otherwise it’s a pretty good Roadmap for now.

The fact that Freelancer will now release AFTER Rocky does make me a bit scared that we’re not gonna get a new map after it to truly send off the trilogy, like yknow, a snow map or something :frowning:

5 Likes

I don’t know if anyone ever implied that a snow map would be forthcoming, did they?

3 Likes

Shame about Freelancer, it’s the sole reason to make me come back to H3. However, this is equally a reason to return.

8 Likes

🥹🥹🥹🥹

11 Likes

More of Lucas Grey perhaps? I really like the thought of getting an extra level with the two of them. Their stint together in H2-H3 was just too short.

9 Likes

I hope for this so so much :pray:🥹

6 Likes

Well… i expected that freelance was delayed somehow… Good that we get the new map in summer, but c’mooon other reskins with ducks really? No more please, give us some interesting unkocks, we get mostly 7years of reskins. I go on with GT7, when the map will be out then I’ll play again.

1 Like

My attentions:
Ambrose Island ---- story before season3, wondering what kind of story it will tell. and will ambrose island be added to the main story, put somewhere in the compaign label? Suppose it’s happening between Heven and Dubai (just assuming), will it be seen in the compaign atfer “the last resort”? and be seen after Heven Island in the location label?

May 24 patch ----- we had a lack of content in April and now it turned out that the contents planned for April were somehow interrupted by the adjust of Freelancer releasing date. Glad to know that the things for April will come to us in the May 24th patch, but what is it? Ray tracing update and some ETAs that’s for sure. wish to see more surprise!

and, I think game fans are really easy to forgive the developers. We might be mad about IOI in the boring April but it seems this situation won’t continue to happen in May and following months. Go!

1 Like