Mortal Kombat 11 (Edit: I was so wrong about this game)

Announcement trailer. Just like the MK10 announcement trailer only Raiden is standing in for Sub-Zero with some whack ass Wu-Tang BS playing in the background.

Update: So as the title says, after watching some gameplay my jaw is floored.

2 Likes

Sounds nothing even close to Wu-Tang.

8 Likes

Really hope Erron Black makes a return. fingers crossed

0 Likes

The music is 2 things:

1. Not particularly well fitting
  2. Definitely not Wu-Tang.
8 Likes

The animations look much better compared to 10. I think they use UE4 instead of 3, maybe thats why.

0 Likes

It’s a CG trailer, I doubt the animations will look like this in-game. The MKX reveal trailer looked about the same, even a little better.

1 Like

That song is the worst thing in Mortal Kombat since Smoke.:joy:

0 Likes

Yeah lmao I said the same thing on another forum. MKX has one of the most beautiful reveal trailer’s ever, the snow and shadows work so well. Way better than MK11’s

1 Like

When Sub-Zero freezes Scorpion and the little ice/mist effects come off him :heart_eyes:

Music fit pretty well too. I remember people being weirded out by the genre choice but I always thought that song worked well for that trailer. The song they used for MK11’s trailer? Not so much lol

0 Likes

You had me all the way up until you mentioned Smoke. Now you lost all credibility! :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Yeah, honestly I’m cool with the current cast for the most part and don’t really feel like we need more new characters.

0 Likes

Yeah, I heard there would be minor reductions though. Apparentely the VA for both Reptile and Kung Lao was told that he wasn’t needed. :disappointed_relieved: Plus that woman at the end looked new unless she is an older character revitalized in this new era?

0 Likes

The animations in MKX trailer look as if outdated cgi, similar to very first movies which used graphics for fighting scenes. It looks weird. MK11 animations look much better.

0 Likes

Well you know how you have a friend who is so good with a character he always wins? Yeah he was a Smoke guy. I mash and flail until I win.

1 Like

I would really like to see the team try something new…

0 Likes

It’s hinting at separate timelines. She’s a new character and probably a deity of some sort, though not an Elder God (I assume). The 2 scorpions and this chick lead me to believe alternate realities/timelines will be a major focus in MK11. I guess they’re scared of backing themselves into a corner story-wise like they did in MK Armagedon lol so they can just mix the timelines now if they want to revert changes made to characters and to bring back characters who are dead in the reboot timeline like Mileena etc.

3 Likes

Honestly, I hope you are right that would be amazing! Anybody else notice Shao Kahn looked dargon-esque? As in a little like Onaga. Honestly, I hope they bring a few characters back, with all the endings focused on Shang Tsung I figured he would make a return. I figured Mileena’s death could be retconned through a clone of some sort since Shang Tsung created them. However, I would like to see Kabal return. I know he is not that popular of a character but it would be really cool to see him again maybe this new story would allow for other characters like that to return, possibly even in a different way kinda like Cyber Sub-Zero.

0 Likes

Most of the characters never really stay dead in the series so I kind of doubt whoever died in the last game is gone forever.

1 Like

Music definitely doesn’t fit the trailer, but it won’t be in the game, so not too much to worry about.

As long as Cassie bae returns, I’m good :hearts:

1 Like

I wanna see Ashrah and Havik from MK Deception come back. Easily up there as some of the coolest characters the MK team came up with, sadly overlooked because the other newcomers in that game stunk (Kobra lmaoooo). A pure-hearted demon chick who hunts down other demons with a holy sword to escape from the Netherrealm and purify her soul + a dude who breaks his neck for damage buffs and dislocates his limbs and exists solely in the story to cause chaos. Does that shit not sound badass?!

2 Likes