Mortal Kombat 11 (Edit: I was so wrong about this game)

I’ve heard rumours about Onaga making a comeback. Shujinko also exists in the reboot timeline cos he was in the MKX prequel comic (as well as Daegon; Armageddon again?). Don’t know if that means his quest to gather the Kamidogu is complete, cos the events of MK9 likely would have interrupted that, but it certainly seems like things are building up to Onaga.

Edit: I just remembered the kamidogu played a MAJOR role in the comic. Raiden was giving them to Earthrealm Warriors like Scorpion, Sub Zero and Shujinko to protect and Havik used some magic or something to corrupt people through the Kamidogu to satisfy his hunger for chaos before they “killed” him in the end (no way he’s dead though). Definitely some Onaga stuff going down soon

1 Like

It would be really awesome for him to be in the next game. Makes you wonder what Onaga’s character model will be like, wasn’t he gigantic in the old games? I really actually would like to see Scarlet in the next game in some form, she always seemed pretty cool and I know he was a jobber to the max but poor Baraka wonder if he will ever return.

I would be SO down for Baraka. I have no idea how characters like lizard Reptile and Cyrax/Sektor are more popular than him. Tarkatans are badass

2 Likes

I know right? Well if and thats a huge if Reptile gets the axe maybe we will see Baraka or another Tarkatan at least. I am suprised Baraka was the only prominent one! They are really cool! Makes me wonder if they are gonna have both parents and children in this one, seeing Kano’s son would be pretty cool but both Kano and his son would be as redundant as Jaqui and Jax.

1 Like

From the steam page:

“Mortal Kombat is back and better than ever in the next evolution of the iconic franchise. The all new Custom Character Variations give you unprecedented control to customize the fighters and make them your own. The new graphics engine showcasing every skull-shattering, eye-popping moment, brings you so close to the fight you can feel it. And featuring a roster of new and returning Klassic Fighters, Mortal Kombat’s best in class cinematic story mode continues the epic saga over 25 years in the making.”

“Custom character variations” sounds interesting but totally WACK for online play lol. I’d have preferred if they kept it simple and gave us 3 well balanced variations. Totally disappointing. Hopefully it doesn’t end up being so bad.

1 Like

OG :sunglasses:

1 Like

I just realised that MK is published by WB as well, lol. Did MK10 have microtransactions for things like outfits etc?

It had DLC characters and dumb ass “Easy Fatalities” you could buy that were pretty expensive also. Wasn’t really a big deal, it was just for people who were too lazy to remember the fatality inputs and to activate them you held down block and Left Punch I think. They came in packs of 5, 10, 20 and 30 and you could unlock a few easy fatalities for free in the krypt. There was a ridiculously priced “timesaver” DLC too which unlocked everything in the krypt instantly, but you could do that yourself without paying real money and have a lot more fun doing it than paying for it so it was pretty harmless. There were costume packs too which were a bit overpriced.

this series just gets more and more ridiculous lmao. now they’re treating throat slashes as normal hits? i mean… whatt??

i asked Karen Strassmann via her FB Fan Page if she is in MK11…

i hope that means “yes, but i cant tell you right now“

3 Likes

Don’t mean to put you on the spot but I’m curious - You want her to return or you just want Mileena? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

i want Mileena back for MK11, but i’m also really a Fan of Karen Strassman, she voiced many Games - she is even Alexia Ashford in Resident Evil :heart:

Her Performance as Mileena has the right Balance between Sexy and Insane, love it!

2 Likes

Fair enough, I hope she makes it back too. Just wondering if Karen is the only Mileena for you, much like David is the only 47 for many.

she is! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oPc9-w6zHW8

After watching the video, I have to agree. Karen did it the best. :+1:

1 Like

i also love this Intro Dialogue with Johnny Cage! :joy:

1 Like

I hope to god they dont do the multiple fighting variations in MK 11. that completely turned me off to MK 10. I played MK 9 online all the time

Hope they bring out another accompanying mobile game, MKX mobile was almost better than the main game itself!

Speaking of which, does anyone here play it? I saw this screen name the other day and wondered if it might be someone from HMF lol…

1 Like

Baraka looked better in MKX, but i’m glad hes back, i hope my girl Mileena is also back.

Game looks sick so far, but stylistic it looks more like Injustice than MKX.

1 Like