Movies You've only Just Watched

I just watched La La Land, after all the praise it got during the Oscars. It was really good. I think it deserved all the praise it got, it’s a must watch. I don’t really like Romance Films or Musicals, but this film was top notch. Really good story as well. If you don’t like musicals, only about half the film is a musical really.

9.5/10 Amazing, you have to watch it, it’s just so good.

I’ve just watched this movie trailer.

Just watched “The Recruit” after getting interested in CIA related movies.

Damn, Al Pacino’s acting makes for a really good spook. Some of the technology & alphabet agency security protocols shown in the movie is ridiculously depreciated though. CD’s? That’s straight outta 2000.

9/10. Why wasn’t there a sequel to this movie?

If you haven’t seen it, here is a brief article and “a full five-minute prologue scene introducing us to the crew of the Covenant as they gather for a final meal before entering cryosleep.” Not clear if this will be in the movie or if it’s only an online intro.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/alien-covenant-gets-a-5-minute-prologue/

Btw, for any movie, tv, game or just general entertainment buffs, I have found DarkHorizons to be a phenomenal source of info.

Get Out.

Man, what a surprise from Jordan Peele! It’s a nicely written social thriller with great acting and dialog all around. On the surface it looks like it’s about a interracial couple meeting her for family for the first time, and as we get to know them, they not only appear racist and the setting suggest they’re doing some shady dealings based on that. There’s definitely some really shady shit behind scenes, but it’s not what it looks like and not for the reasons you expect. A very solid horror film I recommend. 9/10.

Safe Haven just returned to Netflix (US anyway). I caught it last time around. Decent movie. Predictable but still decent. Best part is Julianne Hough is the lead female. Holy crap is she absolutely one of the best looking girls on the planet in this movie. Also stars awesome dude Josh Duhamel (Transformers) and Cobie Smulders (Avengers movies and How I Met Your Mother).

Finally watched Blazing Saddles . Extremely funny movie. Makes me miss Gene Wilder though. :cry:

I tried watching that movie twice (many, many years apart) because of it’s reuptation as a top classic comedy and of course the amazing Gene Wilder. But I just cringed way to hard at the lines and language used. I know it was a different time back then and it’s been said by many of the cast that no one on set took it in a racist way. But holy crap, I just felt guilty as hell trying to enjoy that movie and found that I couldn’t enjoy it. So I turned it off both times well before 30 minutes in. But don’t get me wrong, I don’t think it’s “bad” for people to like it, especially since I haven’t actually seen it to make a proper judgement. It just made me uncomfortable personally.

Admittedly the heavy use of the N word took me by surprise even though i was well aware of its Reputation for using it. But it wouldn’t exactly say it was used gratuitously enough for me to get offended or uncomfortable.
I can understand where your coming from but I will say the film is very enjoyable if you can get past that.

Okay so it’s been a couple of days ago now, since i watched Logan in the cinema. It’s such a great filme and very different from Superhero movies in general. It’s definitely the best of his solo movies and one of the best superhero movies of all time. I don’t think this is the best movie where Wolverine is staring, but his best solo movie. It was a great farewell from Hugh Jackman, it wasn’t perfect. But it’s damn great.

I would rank Superhero movies like this

1 - The Dark Knight
2 - Watchmen / Days of Future Past
3 - Logan
4 - Batman Begins
5 - The Dark Knight Rises
6 - Deadpool
7 - X-Men First Class
8 - BvS
9 - Man of Steel
10 - Iron Man

I don’t really like the MCU, especially not their latest movies. Found them soulless and dull, with borring characters and 90’s power rangers level bad action. Other then Iron Man 1,3, Winter Solider and the First Avengers movie, they are all rather borring and lame.

I’m much bigger fan of DC and i think that shows on my list, also i think FOX’s Marvel movies are light years ahead of anything from the MCU, especially their X-men Franchise…if we look past Apocalypse.

Watched Logan

Would have started sobbing if I hadn’t stopped myself

I finish yesterday to watch all episodes of Rick and Morty :smiley: What a show. Can’t wait for the new episodes

I watched Logan. Man what a way to end. I loved it.

@Mads47 did you liked Logan? I remember you told me you were going to see it

I haven’t seen Logan, with all the talk on here. I am super pissed however, because my friend spoiled it for me out of nowhere. Still going to see it though. When it was announced with the trailers I was really hyped about it.

@badeaguard i did and you can read my overall thoughts on the movie, just a few posts up :slight_smile:

I just finished Hacksaw Ridge and holy shit that was an awesome film. I wasn’t sure what to expect as I hadn’t read any reviews or a synopsis, I knew it was a film about the military but didn’t realise it was about the Battle of Okinawa in WW2. Rightfully so, Mel Gibson hasn’t got the best of reputations from his outbursts in recent years but credit to his directing. Jesus Christ this film got me in the feels and I’m far from your ho-rah army touting patriot. Highly recommended.

Watched today John Wick 2. Eh… The hand to hand combat was awesome. The rest was: The main protagonist shoots all of them, never tiered, never too much hurt. But it was a good movie. A bit too action and less story.
The thing I liked the most was the day suit. Really nice. I’m looking forward to buy one with the same color some day.

I agree Hacksaw Ridge is one of the best war movies i have seen in years :smiley:, i think i recommended it here somewhere.

Started to watch this one last night:

The story of the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing and the aftermath, which includes the city-wide manhunt to find the terrorists responsible.

Highly recommended from me from what i have seen so far :smiley:.