The Music Thread

I haven’t heard this one in a long while.
I forgot how groovy it is

1 Like
1 Like

Genre: chiptune

Genre: dream pop

2 Likes

Genre: J-pop

1 Like

That was used in the opening scene of the Miami Vice film. Well the opening of the theatre version. It’s like 15 min into the directors cut. Michael Mann always had good music in his stuff. This ones from the Cuban bar scene of the same film.

1 Like

New MOL!!

They definitely sound like a band that is on Nuclear Blast now - Way more melodic, massive arena sized production. But I still love it.

1 Like

Genre: indie pop

Genre: synth pop

1 Like
1 Like

This was on at the lounge last night. I liked it.

1 Like

You have obligations

1 Like

This is a grindy yet satisfying song, and I can’t help but question where or what scenario this would be played.

I’m not completely influenced in the noise rock genre, but if I may ask - where would you find this type of music in any public venue? How popular is this?

1 Like

Alexis Marshall is the vocalist for the band Daughters, who are fairly popular despite being very caustic. However, his solo stuff really takes the intensity to new levels because it strips away all melody and has an oppressively bleak quality.

As for where you’d hear it, probably underground places. He’s got a reputation from his work with Daughters that’d probably draw some folks. I dint think he has performed live yet as a solo artist so I’ve got no idea how he would do it.

2 Likes

Genre: shoegaze

Genre: Norwegian Death Metal.