The Music Thread

1 Like

I’ve been watching an old season of House, but something was bugging me about it. I’m an idiot for not realizing sooner that it’s because the streaming version doesn’t use the iconic Teardrop in the opening. :frowning:

3 Likes

Genre: Dance

Featured in: Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony

My dance is just too perfect, so I always get the group dancing sequence. :sob: At least the song is an absolute banger!

2 Likes

Nostalgia concerts have been huge (not counting Covid). Back Street Boys have been touring with NKOTB for years, Journey headlined Lollapalooza and the I heart Radio concert fest this year, Usher is on tour with Ludacris and Lil Jon, There are 4 separate versions of Jefferson Airplane / Jefferson Starship / Starship touring at any given time. All claiming to be the real deal :joy:

It got me thinking. If BIG and Tupac were both still alive, do you think they would be touring together? I kinda think they would and assuming Mase and Puffy were on board I would totally go see that show.

1 Like

More Bonnie McKee. I think I’m in l❤️ve.

1 Like

that whole album is perfection

1 Like

Lingua Ignota. Absolute nightmare of a new album. This will haunt my dreams.

@Screaming_Meat You got any thoughts on Lingy? Reckon you’ll love Caligula

1 Like

none! never heard of him/her/them. will give it a ganders now!

edit: minute in and i’m digging it.

edit edit: nutso. barmier than a tory cabinet office. reminds me of scott walker a little. gonna dive in and listen to some more. thanks for the recommendation!

No problem! You’ll enjoy her album Caligula. Amazing mix of classical, noise and industrial with an absolutely harrowing vocal performance at the centre of it.

1 Like

i just downloaded it. first track gave me the bumps of geese.

think im gonna have to keep an eye on sargent house.

1 Like

Sargent House is an incredible label - Deafheaven, Emma Ruth Rundle, Brutus, Chelsea Wolfe, Lingua Ignota, Russian Circles, Alexis Marshall and tons more. One of the best rosters around if you ask me!!

1 Like

Just recently found this. If you have the time I’d probably suggest giving this a listen - it’s exactly an hour long. Or if you like good music or whatever. I don’t know I’m not your dad.

Genre: Prog-Rock

So that Fortnite Ariana Grande Concert was pretty cool, very trippy. And it wasn’t just her featured. JuiceWrld, Sia, Wolfmother, too. (I wasn’t aware of 80% of the songs here. Still a fun little setlist.)

Genres: Electronic Dance/Rap, Hard Rock, Pop, and more Pop

Wolfmother is still a thing? My cousin had a band that opened for them sometimes.

Wait isn’t he dead?

Genre: Freeform Fusion Jazz
Artist: Scatman John, he was a pretty dope person.

5 Likes

I guess? I’ve never heard of them.
Either they’re still making stuff or someone at Epic is still a big fan. It was the only non-pop related song in the concert.

Indeed he is.
If you check out the video, he’s the opening song to the event.

Yeah I read the post and realised it was the Fortnite concert. So I guess it is a voodoo performance, they always make me feel uneasy.

1 Like

Hooooly Shiiiit!