Music Thread

It was either this or Far Side of Crazy.

I can do you one better.

1 Like

Nope, Fly Me to the Moon is better than My Way.

1 Like
1 Like

Maybe if you are deaf.

But anyway here is a fun religion themed song for those still celebrating Christmas.

2 Likes

I can top this

2 Likes

I doubt anything can top Rappin’ for Jesus. So you win this round.

1 Like

You fucking paskudnyak.

But anyway, here’s a song from Hanukkah filled with energy.

1 Like

Isn’t that the guy who wrote Doctor Zhivago?

Like going from black-and-white into colour…

No, that would be Pasternak. Also a paskudnyak, but that’s a different story.

1 Like

I know I was making a joke.

Didn’t he only write Doctor Zhivago?

Still I don’t think I warranted being called contemptible for liking “My Way” over “Fly Me to the Moon” even if Frankie would agree with that notion.

1 Like

Well the real reason is because he said that all Jews should convert to Christianity but that’s another story.

1 Like

Yeah that is a pretty big faux pas. Putting it mildly.

1 Like

And he was a Jew himself, so he’s almost like a Jewish Uncle Tom. We’ll call it an “Uncle Shlomo”.

1 Like

Uncle Schlomo: The Untold Boris Pasternak Story

1 Like

I am back into old school music now, blues, big band jazz, and soul.

Playing New Vegas and two songs stood out to me, “Johnny Guitar” and “Do right.”

Something was bugging me about “Do right” I know you gonna roll your eyes on me but I knew that song was a cover, and I knew that song was orginally from a black woman. How? My first real hint was the lyrics, two phrases sounded like black speak.

“Why don’t you do right?” and " your’re sitting there wondering what it’s all about." And finally to me it still sounded like Peggy was imitating something. So i searched and found I was right. Well the lyrics were written by a southern black man, and song by a black woman Lil Green. And that was it, it was that old school black way of talking that made my ear perk. Peggy does a good job for sure, and the band is good, but i prefer the simple cords of the original song, and I think Lil green does it better.

Also from that game I kinda fell in love with Dead Money’s theme song, begin again. When I heard that song, the first thing that popped in my mind was “This is a new song trying to sound old.” I just like the simplicity of it, very haunting.

3 Likes

Bad Lip Reading have created some catchy songs from Star Wars Clips.

Now comes the sequel.

There are some thematics that mirrors the first song, it’s very much in the spirit of George Lucas. We all know how much he loves to make things rhyme, isn’t that true @Accidental-kills98.

But here are my two favourites

3 Likes