Hello everyone, I’ve lurked on this forum for a long while. Finally made an account so I could get this forum’s opinion/help on something I’ve been working on.
I’ve always wanted to make a Silverballer replica in real life as soon as I saw people creating them. The deal was sealed when the Hitman 2 collector’s edition was revealed to include an ICA gun case. I thought it would be a perfect project to create the replica and store it in this case. These last few weeks I’ve made a ton of progress, but I’m not done yet. I’ll include a picture of what I have so far.
(I would post more, but I’m only allowed 1 picture as I’m new to the forum.)
I have the WE-Tech v3 Matte Chrome 1911, with Walnut Heritage Pachmayr grips. Also ordered the foam to replace the stuff that was originally in the gun case. I have a suppressor too, but I’m not satisfied with it. This is where I would need your help the most:
My mock suppressor is 130mm in length and 32mm in diameter. I think it’s a bit too short though and have been considering buying another one, but I don’t know which one. Some that are on my consideration list are:
- Madbull Gemtech 9mm Trinity
- Madbull Gemtech Outback II
Both of these are also around 130mm long though, and I was thinking about getting one that is around 150mm long. Do you guys have any suggestions on suppressors that might look good on a 1911? Preferably, I’d like one that’s completely plain (as in, no trademarks anywhere). Worst case I can just grind off the trades with some sandpaper.
I’ve seen some amazing suppressors on replicas shown in this forum years ago. Badeaugard’s is the coolest suppressor I’ve seen, but I know his was custom made. Would be neat to know how long it is though, it looks like the perfect length. Anyways, once I do finally have a suppressor I’m satisfied with, all I would need to finish off my replica would be to:
- Replace the trigger with a 3-hole trigger (I know Nova makes one for the Tokyo Marui 1911 I think will fit on a WE 1911 just fine).
- Replace the Mainspring Housing with a flat one, although that might be tough to get. I haven’t found one readily available for an airsoft 1911, unsure if a real-steel will fit too. I hope someone in this forum could assist me with this.
- Get the ICA trademarks laser-engraved on the gun (I’m going to have to do a lot of research on this).
- Replace the hammer with a skeleton one. (Also unsure how I’m going to pull this off. I have one idea, where I can order a black skeleton hammer for a WE-Tech MEU 1911, and just sand it until it shows the silver aluminum underneath).
Anyways, there’s still a lot of work to be done, but for now my main focus is the suppressor. Do you guys have any suggestions? Or already have a replica that has a cool suppressor you could recommend? Thanks a bunch in advance!