New in the hitman serie

It shouldn’t be a problem, if you go by what those with review copies have said. They all mention that if you bought the previous games then you will be able to unlock all levels within H3. All the press coverage I seen regarding H3, been PC only.

That said your IO account keeps track of which games you own if it’s linked with Steam. Which is likely how they are going to handle it for PC players, so those who got a separated games library due to different store fonts, will likely be able to link ones Steam profile to EGS. That said it’s the only thing that makes sense as of now, since H2 will likely not release on EGS before H3. Especially due to how much IO have banged the drum about H3 being to ultimate way to experience the hole trilogy.

I know that, but still it strange nonetheless.
If a casual player, or completely new person pops into EGS and sees HITMAN, and got interested in it, but couldn’t find the second game, but only third he will be confused. I would’ve, for sure.
That person doesn’t know all that details and doesn’t know that H2 and H3 contain everything from previous games. What will/should he do?
I assume will search another storefront (Steam), but there is no HITMAN 3 on Steam. He gets confused even more.
Will he dive deeply into researches? I bet 20-30% of yes.
Another 70% is that he will just forget about the game.
That’s my opinion

It is indeed odd, but I guess it due to some kind of “license” deal. I can’t see why IO would keep the middle game of the trilogy out of a storefront that got both H16 and H3.

I been vocal regarding IO sleeping on this, not being cut and clear from the start regarding how they will handle it between these two platforms. Now we are 7 days away from release and we still know very little, only piecing things together from outside sources.

3 Likes

Yes, and that’s bothering me most of all

i wonder if there’s going to be another announcement that wont make anyone happy, like a day before release.
You never know nowadays.

I do believe you will be able tied progression together through our IO account.

i hope so…tbh i wouldn’t mind to unlock everything again, I’d only miss my Suits.

2 Likes

Unless you play OG “Hitman 2 Silent Assassin” , and clear missions in Japanese mountains with Silent Assassin ratings consistently, no body should touch any other hitman games.

you better play old Hitman 2000-2006 -and then get more pleasure

Interesting to know… (haven´t watched any of the previews)

Which is exactly what I don´t want to do :sweat_smile:

I´m semi-expecting the announcement of H2 being available on EGS, probably very shortly before H3´s release or on the same day…

But @Newport, to address your questions better, what platform are you planning on playing it? PC or one of the consoles?

1 Like

Some “news” that will shred a bit of light over what to expect regarding location and save game progression on PC.

You can play the whole trilogy in Hitman 3.

Buy Hitman 3 [Standard or Deluxe].

Buy the legacy pack[s] DLC after release.

Hope this explains everything.