Next Gen Consoles news

i hadn’t seen a thread about this, but consider this the thread to talk about the new generation of consoles.

1 Like

Xbox Series X is reportedly set to launch on November 10th at $499. Xbox Series S launches same day for $299. not bad

5 Likes

Ehh, that price difference seems a bit too far-fetched. I’d expect at the very least 500$ for the Series X, but if there’s a lower-power model like a Series S? Probably 350-400$. 300 seems way too low for what’s supposed to be this powerful leap into next-gen.

The ‘Series S’ sounds like a model built to run whatever X games are at medium-low settings. But then again, we have no idea if it’s real or what would be packed into it.

1 Like

I still can’t believe we’re in September and the prices and exact date hasn’t been revealed yet. Microsoft and Sony should just do a rock paper scissors and one of them reveal it first, it’s getting ridiculous.

On the other hand, I’m not happy that the Xbox Series X is released with no games backing up its hardware capabilities.

4 Likes

Here are a few:

5 Likes

it’s confirmed, basically…

3 Likes

saw those already. none of them are for news about the next gen consoles themselves. more like wishlists and game discussion :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The Series S was leaked a hour or two ago, I just got dragged out of bed cause of it. Windows Central Confirmed Prices.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.windowscentral.com/xbox-series-x-and-xbox-series-s-release-date-and-price-finally-revealed%3Famp

4 Likes

Wasn’t there a substantial sized leak about the prices recently? I feel as though it’s their response, like the leak, or any parts of the leak, wasn’t true at all.

1 Like

it seems like everybody is missing my first reply…

3 Likes

I saw it I’m just supporting it with more additional information… my bad.

1 Like

consider me surprised, then.

1 Like

I’m not the least bit upset at this pricing model for these consoles. The second preorders go available I’ll be getting a X. If a matter of days now really.

7 Likes

Dafuq?!?!? Straight after the leak too Omegalul.

I didnt like the idea of a less powerful next gen console at first but I’m definitely coming around to it more. if the series x ends up being 499, which is likely (although I imagine it depends on what the PS5 price ends up being), I’ll probably end up going for the cheaper option since I’m not really in a position to spend 1000+ on a console and a 4k tv anytime soon

Why does it looks like a drive-thru ordering speaker?

4 Likes

I’m a complete noob in these things, but what’s the drawback of Xbox One S?
I see only advantages: smaller, cheaper, but next gen nonetheless, but obviously there’s a catch. I’d like to know what it is.

1 Like

It is a digital only console if I recall.

1 Like

Fortunately Microsoft is doing a financing system for the new consoles which is straight forward from what it seems so it makes their consoles more accessible if you can’t outright afford the Premium Version of it in full right away.

This console generation is gonna be interesting especially for launch. While PS5 has games it’s been confirmed that accessibility will be scarce if you wanna buy one. With that I’m certain the PS5 will overall be the more expensive one in terms of disk less consoles, but only time will tell really.

For Xbox, Phil Spencer has said that production of the new consoles hasn’t been affected do to the pandemic. We can’t outright confirm or deny the legitimacy behind this claim til Launch or when pre orders are available. Price Scalpers will be having a field day this season unless Microsoft and Stores limit how many you can buy per household in terms of preorder. While Xbox doesn’t have big titles at launch which doesn’t particularly bother me, but that’s just because everything else such as.

• Backwards Compatibility that goes across all Xbox Generations.

• Device Compatibility Between Controllers and Headsets

• Smart Delivery

• Game Pass

• A Interconnected Experience Between Xbox One Consoles, Windows, and Series X/S

this for me speaks more volumes then a Spider Man PS4 Spin-Off and another year of Call Of Duty Exclusivity. While that’s the consensus from those Sony Fanboys on Twitter who have Brand Loyalty to the point where it makes me nauseous. By no means is this me bashing Sony since I think every platform to play on offers something new and unique. One of the most important things in terms of gaming as a hobby is preservation and accessibility of older titles and Xbox has done an amazing job with their BC Program which if I’m correct should be resuming development down the road once the New Consoles Launch since they were focusing on making sure all games that are BC and on Xbox One work for Series X/S.

But let’s be real here for a moment let’s all stop focusing hype on a Spider-Man Spinoff and focus it on Demon Souls.

2 Likes