Now that the whole story has been released, can we talk about the trilogy's targets and how they figure into the plot?

This might be a stretch, but the fact that you can kill 9 targets by proxy by basically getting someone else to do it might be seen to fit the theme.

There is a connection to the club. Rolf Hirshmuller seems to be an ally of Grey. He was supposed to help Olivia and 47 disapear. The cold open from Berlin was a little confusing.

2 Likes

unless i’m missing something, they’re often less about 47 becoming obsolete and more about his ability to manipulate outcomes.

I wouldn’t really say tricked. Providence hired the ICA, its more 47 changed his mind once he realized the Shadow Client was Subject 6, and that he would rather be more loyal to 6 than the ICA.

1 Like

Just stopping by to congratulate @Sassthathoopyfrood on this great topic. Anybody familiar with my work will know that I’m slightly obsessed with targets lol. Lots of good information here.

1 Like

Yeah there is this theory, that Greys safe house in Berlin is near the club. In the cutscenes with 47 and Olivia in the safe house you can see outside the window buildings who look like factory’s with graffitis on it who look similar to the ones on the club. Maybe Hirschmüller gave Grey a hiding place there.

1 Like

I believe the cutscene people didn’t have much unique assets. So, they recycled the Club textures for the exterior of the window.

5 Likes

Maybe, but it would fit. Hirschmüller wanted to help Olivia, 47 and Grey to disappear, so maybe in the past, he helped him and gave him the safe house.

3 Likes

Thanks. You spend enough time shadowing your targets that you really start to get to know them.

1 Like

In the club if you hide in Hirschmüller’s office, you can overhear conversations that specifically say that Hirschmüller was going to meet with Grey and 47. That’s pretty clearly why Olivia was there in the first place and why the ICA chose that club. They knew (somehow) that Grey and 47 would be there.

4 Likes

Since when were vanya and rangan on bad terms with the maelstrom if they were then surely they wouldn’t meet up with him

he’s already got this vault by the end of marrakesh. He got the second key from the herald after Sapienza.

4 Likes