NPC Count for every map?

What is the NPC count for each map in Hitman season 1 and 2 ?

And what is the new math for your score to figure out NPC kill count ive been hearing about?

Any help would be nice. I know the developers dont encourage massacring people so they dont say this out right and even manipulated the scoring in killing NPC in recent patches.

1 Like

300 (including main mission targets) (not including crowd npcs, crowd npcs can take you up to 1000+ in total)

The non-target score divided by 5000, because a non-target killed is -5000 on the score.
So if the non-target killed score says -20 000 then it means you killed 4 non-targets.

3 Likes

i dont know, but i like your profile Picture.

4 Likes

This spreadsheet will tell you all.

Freeform training: 85
Final Test: 48 NPCs
Paris: 307
Sapienza (World of Tomorrow): 300
A Gilded Cage: 291
Club 27: 297
Freedom Fighers: 136
Situs Inversus: 170

Hawke’s Bay: 34 NPCs
Finish Line: 301
3 Headed Serpent: 302
Chasing a Goat: 298
Another Life: 107
Ark Society: 376
Golden Handshake: 139
Last Resort: 216

9 Likes

Great Information
Just curious how you got this spreadsheet ?
Sounds good

1 Like

Genuinely quite surprising the Ark Society has the most NPC’s by quite a significant margin.

4 Likes

Are HMF folks aware of a YouTuber called bigmooney06? He plays a variety of games, including the two recent “Hitman” games (2016 and 2018).
The reason I mention him is that apparently he is known for his “kill everyone challenge” where he kills every “killable” human on each map.

Warning that bigmooney06 uses strong / foul language and sometimes has adult content on his site.

Example of the tally at the end Isle of Sgàil in which he tallies 2,155,000 / 5,000 = 431 non-targets.
Since he kills in mission mode, and not contract mode, it’s not possible to know which folks are tallied into his score that aren’t included in Kevin Rudd’s spreadsheet of 376…

bigmooney06’s tally for Mumbai is more numerous than Isle of Sgàil, as he shows 6,275,000 / 5,000 = 1,255 non-targets (excluding the three targets).

I’m not a “kill everyone”-style player (I don’t even do mini-ramapages after spoiling a silent-assassin attempt a long contract or mission) as I express my frustration verbally, but having been curious about the number of people per map, I find both Kevin Rudd’s spreadsheet and bigmooney06’s tallies to be impressive :slight_smile:

Best regards.

PS: if bigmooney06’s tally is fewer than one listed on Kevin Rudd’s spreadsheet, I would imagine the reason simply to be that bigmooney06 missed them during his attempt.

1 Like

Crowd NPCs do not show up in the spreadsheet because they do not have names; they’re typically not considered as part of the map population by most people, as there is no way to consistently count them since sometimes they ‘de-spawn’ during panics, and sometimes they regenerate and new people are created during gameplay (I think, not sure on this last part).

BigMooney’s runs almost certainly include Crowd NPCs which is why his number is higher

1 Like

I just had to do that :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Can’t speak for all the other levels for now, but I did a count for Mumbai:

I might do a quick killingspree on smaller levels this evening…

2 Likes

I made the spreadsheet. NPC name’s taken from the game’s memory while in each level (Also the reason why special characters kind of bugged out like the “?” in this NPC’s name: Aldano Ruelas Pab?n).

2 Likes

I think you counted the top row by mistake. Freeform Training has 84 NPCs.

Oh whoops, in that case take 1 off every number I wrote down :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

KevinRudd, is a “Crowd NPC” refer to the ones that you cannot see on minimap? (no dot)

Best regards.

1 Like

Those people are just fill-in crowds.
I don’t know if they even can be named NPCs.
They are just non-interactive crowd

2 Likes

I call them npcs, since they can be killed, and the game counts them as ‘non-target’… tho I know, that doesn’t make them real ones. I guess that differs from person to person.

1 Like

Then there are three types of NPCs…?

1. those who can become targets
  2. those who cannot become targets, but are visible on mini-map
  3. those who cannot become targets and are not visible on mini-map

Best regards.

1 Like

What are they?

I think there are two types: regular and well-known NPCs (that can be marked as targets and visible on minimap) and crowd-NPCs (that can’t be interacted with in any way and cannot be seen on minimap)

2 Likes

misterkiller, I am trying to figure out why there is such a discrepancy between the NPC tally in notex’s spreadsheet and those in some other folks’ playthrough tally.

After various folks’ comments and playthroughs, I’m reaching the conclusion that there are the named NPCs (can be targets; listed in Notex’s spreadsheet) which are visible on mini-map, the “crowd NPCs” (to use KevinRudd’s phrase) who are visible on mini-map and are killable but inconsistently available on each map so tally could change on each playthrough, and the NPCs visible in third-person (47’s) view but not visible on mini-map.

If I use your categories then yes, I would agree that there are only two types of NPCs.

Best regards.

1 Like

Yes these crowds are used just to fill-in free spaces like Miami venue or Paris lands or Mumbai streets.
If to take them off, those maps would look very lonesome.
I think the amount of those crowds are defined separately for each map, because for example you can see them in Miami, but they are absent on Hawkes Bay, in Whittleton Creek and other maps.
I think you saw what Miami venue would look like if to make those crowds dissapear.
So the presence of these crowds are variable for each map and if they are listed as non-target kills than of course the score will vary. And it would depend if one kill them all or just a few. I think you can’t kill the entire crowds

1 Like