Official HITMAN 2 Bug Report Thread

Hello, I can not open challenges Switcheroo
I’m play on PC
When I come to the necklace, an action should appear, but it does not exist.

There is no action to put apricot

I had problems when trying to do this, I didn’t work out what I did differently when it worked. It’s possible that it needs a specific disguise but I am not sure, or maybe you need to stand up to “see” the interaction (they don’t appear if the camera is at the wrong angle as far as I can tell).

probably random, works fine on my XOX - try a full shutdown, check your internet connection (the usual stuff)

I tried many ways, but to no avail

Platform: Xbox One X

Bugs:
Landslide: I confronted Marco Abbiati as the priest and injected him with an emetic syringe on top of the church tower. He became sick and then just walked through the air in a straight line. He even walked beyond the maps restricted area until I could barely see his character with instinct (was kinda funny to be honest).

Whittleton Creek: Impossible to pick up the muffins inside the box on the muffin stand.

Isle of Sgail: Impossible to complete “Discover the Isle of Sgail”. I know that I explored the map more than once 100% and there are no “undiscovered area markers” left on the map. I am stuck at 48/49 locations.

Isle of Sgail: Impossible to pick up the baseball bat inside the small storage room in the middle of the wooden staircase which connects the morgue (where the outfit of Janus is) and the tower of The Constant.

General: A few random crashes (sometimes maybe three a day, most of the time only one crash every other day).

Cheers and thank you for this great game!

1. Electructions with self created pools don’t work anymore

2. When I meet Sean Rose at the slurry pit he somehow sees the body of Graves lying on the bottom of the pit

3. There’s no briefcase animation for the Sieger snipers

Hi,
I have a problem of corrupted backup on Bombay, Thursday the game worked very well, and since yesterday, the game makes a return office every backup (self or local), it’s annoying because I was in mod “silent assassin” !!

Win10 64 - Gtx860m 4G - SSD480 - i7 - 12G
Nom de l’application défaillante hitman2.exe, version : 2.13.0.0, horodatage : 0x5c49a4cb
Nom du module défaillant : hitman2.exe, version : 2.13.0.0, horodatage : 0x5c49a4cb
Code d’exception : 0xc0000005
Décalage d’erreur : 0x0000000000e4cfee
ID du processus défaillant : 0x1e20
Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d4bade7af94a95
Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\HITMAN2\retail\hitman2.exe
Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\HITMAN2\retail\hitman2.exe
ID de rapport : 2ac23817-7eb2-4496-b1e3-cb45a0508486
Nom complet du package défaillant :
ID de l’application relative au package défaillant :

The guards at the recording station in Paris’ basement react on the weapons there as if 47 dropped them. When you start the mission they pick them up and put them into the box near them.

A couple things in Mumbai (fwiw, I play on PC)…

The double door that goes out next to the railroad tracks (Vanya Shahs area)… you can be spotted if you’re right next to or up against this door, as if 47 is clipping through the door and any NPC on the other side can see him.

This is more of an inconsistency. The sewer ditch where Gregory goes to purge… In one area there is water here. If you knock someone out while they’re in this water - they die, or if you drag their unconscious body through it, they die this way too. Yet, if you go through the large pipe/tunnel (there are 2 guards at the end) there is another place where there is water. However, this doesn’t act in the same way as the water that is outside. You can drag or knock someone out in it, and they will NOT die.

Another thing about the bodies that die in the water (outside). You can kill a target by throwing something at them (such as the Maelstrom) but it counts as a Melee kill, and not an accident kill… Like if they were to drown. I’m not sure what it’d count as if you dragged them into the water. I will have to test this to make sure… But at any rate, it seems like if it’s in water it should count as drowning / or an accident.

Console: PS4
Issue: Sound effects of Disposable scrambler and Electronic Key Hacker are missing in Hitman 2.
It was implemented in Hitman(2016) and now it’s gone and it is very frustrating and immersion breaking.

Please revive the sound effects or at least add it to sound options.

PC Bug “The Treasonous Mimicry”

Killing Wu Yang automatically fails the escalation for me for some reason. I’ve tried killing him via drowning in a toilet, knocking him out then throwing him off a rail, sabotaging a gas canister and then having him turn on a generator right next to it blowing himself up, yet it still says that I failed. The correct disguise is being worn also.

You have to kill him in an explosion accident while wearing the Kronstadt engineer disguise so drowning those other kills won’t work.
The kill condition for the targets in the escalation has to be completed.

You can check what each targets kill condititon is by looking at the briefing, it will say the kill condition and the disguise you have to wear.

I’m stuck on level 1 of the escalation still so the only condition it gives me is to kill him via accident as the kronstadt mechanic. It doesnt say anything about what kind of accident whatsoever.

Yeah I know, try an explosion accident. You’ve already tried drowning and that didn’t work so do an explosion accident. Simply knock him down and shoot a propane tank near him.
Does that work?

I have, I sabotaged the gas valve and had him turn on the generator which blows him up. I copied that straight from some silent assassin playthrough I saw on youtube which is why I’m confused as all hell.

Try knocking him down nd shoot a propane tank near him. It’s possible the gas canister counted as normal explosion, which it should’nt.

Did it work?

I havent tried blowing up a propane tank yet,
nope i knocked him out and just blew up the propane tank and still failed and I have been wearing the correct disguise through all of my attempts.

Krondstadt Mechanic. There is an engineer disguise, and I’m sure he knows that, but just felt like clarifying that if anyone saw it and got mislead. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yeah the engineer is not it. I thought of something else.

I don’t know m8. If you’re wearing the Kronstadt mechanic disguise, killing him in an accident and it still fails you, report it to IO. Restart the game first.

When you fail and you get to choose to restart, what does it say in the bottom. It should tell you the reason you failed.