Official HITMAN 2 Technical Support Thread

HITMAN 2 is on the verge of launching officially. (Hello New Zealand!)

To help us track issues and stay on top of any problems at launch, please use this thread to report what you are experiencing. Please only report technical issues here. If you have a bug report, please use this thread:

When reporting an issue, please include the following details:

• Describe the issue in as much detail as possible
  • Tell us what platform you are on
  • Provide any images or videos that might help

Please remember that you can also report issues to the HITMAN 2 publisher, Warner Brothers, through their dedicated customer support page, found here: https://wbgamessupport.wbgames.com/hc/en-us/categories/360000132307-Hitman-2

Official HITMAN 2 Bug Report Thread
Hitman 2 Locked Challeneges
The Hitman screenshot thread
(PS4) No Aluminum Briefcase?

Bought the hitman collector’s edition PC which i picked up from a store. But after entering the codes that came with it on steam, it says that the game is still not released for me even though it is out for all other gold edition owners.

Cant start any missions

Playing on PC and currently crashing every time I attempt to load a mission. I have tried Hawke’s Bay and Miami, but both crashed as soon as the loading was completed. I could play 2016 fine, but I am probably below the recommended for cpu.

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 (3.4ghz quad core)
GFX: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 970

I have the game installed on an SSD and I have tried verifying the files on steam in case something went wrong when trying to download the episodes individually. I don’t have all the levels downloaded at the moment, but in the process of finishing it out just to see if that has any effect on it, but I doubt it will.

Playing on PC windows 10
1080ti
PQ65-F1 display

HDR does not work. I just get a black screen and the sound plays. If I alt tab I can get picture, but that’s only because the game disables HDR.

I’ve tried everything I can think of. Setting Nvidia settings to default, windows HDR off (normally I have it on), windowed, full screen, exclusive full screen. Nothing works.

I’m super disappointed with this. The game looks good at 4k, but it’s so obvious that with HDR it would look better. If only it worked.

I have the same problem. Missions from episode 1(Legacy) in Hitman 2 works fine, so problem exists only with new missions (also tried at Hawk’s bay and Miami).
My PC:
Windows 7 x64
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
GPU: HD 7950 3GB (latest AMD drives)
8GB RAM

Hey,

Sorry to hear you have issues. Please contact Warner support directly regarding this issue.

Contact them right here: https://wbgamessupport.wbgames.com/hc/en-us/categories/360000132307-Hitman-2

I can not express how horrible this issue is for me, it’s pretty much the reason why I can’t enjoy this game anymore because of how frequent this keeps on happening.
Everytime the game keeps showing the “Saving” pop-up, I need to shut down and restart the game because when I go to the Load menu, it causes the game to be softlocked. Waiting for a few minutes didn’t help. I think it asked me to reconnect which I did but that didn’t fix it. This is what the screen looks like after selecting Load in the pause menu while the game is still Saving:

It’s just stuck like that, there’s no way to get out of the menu.

Update: It even happened when I was about to start a mission!
Once I start the mission in the briefing menu, the screen doesn’t change because the game was infinitely saving IN A MENU for some reason.

In case that wasn’t bad enough, sometimes when I load a save file or restart the mission, the game just gets stuck in the loading screen and not loading anything.

I let the game load for a few minutes and that loading bar is still not going up.
When it’s loading normally, it usually takes like 5 or 10 seconds to load a save file.
Update: Trying to Alt-Tab out of the game causes my entire computer to freeze which means I have to reboot my PC. This has happened several times and it’s starting to piss me off.

This is the kind of game where you would save a lot and having the game softlocked because it keeps “Saving” for seemingly an infinite amount of time is a very serious issue that needs to be fixed.
I used to have the “infinite saving” problem in the previous game but that was a very long time ago so I thought it got fixed but for this game, it seems to be occurring more often for me which is really annoying.

I wanted to enjoy this game, I really do, but the game won’t let me when these issues keeps on happening. It’s actually driving me mad!
Please IOI, this seriously needs to be fixed real soon.

UPDATE 2: I realised this should’ve been posted in the bug reports thread.

Other than that, the performance seems to be fine and pretty much the same as the previous game but for HITMAN 2, it sometimes freezes for a few seconds. This doesn’t happen in the previous game nor the standalone Sniper Assassin so I don’t get why it’s happening for this one.
Update: It even happened in the menu, like why?
Sometimes, the game makes some really bad crackling sound whenever it loads something on the menu, whenever it freezes or even in-game.
I could only reduce it by setting the CPU Priority to “High”.
This audio crackling never happens in the previous game for me.

I run HITMAN 2 on:
Windows 10 (64-bit)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 (overclocked to 3.9 GHz)
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti
8GB RAM

I’ve just downloaded Hawkes bay, the basics and Miami so far as my internet is very slow (Australia) I have played through Hawkes bay fine, but it keeps crashing to desktop when I try to load Miami and won’t play the mission briefing :frowning: Trying to download the rest slowly to see it it helps but it’s literally going to take me days.

Edit: From early reporters of others with this issue Verifying the game cache and/or redownloading the map fixes this issue. Attempting to redownload atm. I believe it could be an issue of the game map download corrupting if the connection is not stable as I switched between wired and wireless during the download or if the game is launched before the download is actually completed even if it says it has.

HDR broken here too. Can’t launch the game at all. Game launches into a blank screen.

Windows 10 - 1809
16GB
RTX 2080Ti
ASUS ROG Swift PG27UQ

Game crashes without any errors at the fullscreen and borderless modes in 1920x1080. In 1920x1080 windowed mode or in other modes(include fullscreen) in lower resolutions - game works.

Windows 10 64x
AMD A10-5750m 3.2GHz
Radeon 8970m 2GB
16GB

P.S. use latest video driver.
P.P.S. I played Hitman 2016 at the same PC - doesn’t got any issues like this. Game worked stable in fullscreen in 1080p.

There’s no DX12 option for this game? Tbh I ran Hitman 2016 with DX12 and got better FPS performance than in DX11. Is there any chance it can be added back? @Travis_IOI

The CG looks poorer than season one,will IO remake it in the future?

I cannot start any of the episodes from Hitman 2, however the legacy episodes work fine.

My system Specs:

Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
GFX Card: Nvidia GTX 980 MSI 4G
Ram: 16 GB DDR3

Here is my crash log.

Source
HITMAN 2

Summary
Stopped working

Date
‎11/‎9/‎2018 10:49 AM

Status
Report sent

Description
Faulting Application Path: E:\Steam\steamapps\common\HITMAN2\Retail\HITMAN2.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: hitman2.exe
Application Version: 2.10.1.0
Application Timestamp: 5be4326f
Fault Module Name: hitman2.exe
Fault Module Version: 2.10.1.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 5be4326f
Exception Code: c000001d
Exception Offset: 000000000feeaffa
OS Version: 10.0.17134.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: c8b8
Additional Information 2: c8b89636af4754c175139d97bb9e1a1d
Additional Information 3: 1950
Additional Information 4: 1950af5bbd809cb44a59b9b23497fe04

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 654faba8405711a8026cd0d21547adf6 (1327665590886182390)

Will this game work or must I refund? Hitman 1 worked like a charm and was an amazing game. I will be sad if I cannot play Hitman 2 even after pre-purchasing gold edition.

For me, the game stutters so much that it is unplayable beyond the first mission. The first mission worked perfectly well - 60 fps maxed out, however, after finishing it I tried Sapienza from Legacy Pack and also next 2 missions from Hitman 2 and it stutters so much that I can’t even do anything.

My specs:
i5 4460
1060 GTX 6GB
8GB RAM
Windows 7

Why there is no challenge pack included in the legacy pack? The Art of Revenge, Scarecrow, etc. Will you add those to Hitman 2 later?

Hitman 2 Miami error.

Playing Miami, I’m in the garage as a mechanic, I loaded the phneumatic gun and then a blue error screen poped up.

there are some bugs that need to be worked out.

not sure if this happened to anyone else.

Anyone knows how to fix my issue? I feel like my system should be capable of running the game just fine, but after 1st mission it’s completely unplayable :frowning: I have gold edition I wanted to play the game not beta test it.

some graphic options that could help:
anti-aliasing option - and what AA this game use?(SMAA?)
depth of field option
motion blur option - first game dont use any motion blur but there is strange (probably broken dof) effect when you move camera around

background is blurred and not blurred in same time (look at grass in background)

hitman 2 wont download steam 8.6gb 0bytes downloading