Official HITMAN 2 Technical Support Thread

So, I bought Hitman 2 Gold Edition for Steam, but now it won’t let me play the game. I press run game, it shows the launcher, I press Play, and then it just shut downs without letting me play.
Gif of the problem (One Drive): https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjlGE9ZfXfpDgUA-tA8BcCkv15Sj

I use steam. Within the last few days I’ve had a problem where when I open my library Hitman 2 is greyed out. It’s almost as if steam forgets the game is installed. When I click “install” on the same drive it is installed, the game then rediscovers all the files, but this usually takes a few minutes.

This has happened twice already within the last two days, which is strange because I only ever recall this happening once to me in the past with a different game. Another problem this adds is that, even though the game is installed, in order for steam to rediscover the files there must be over 100 GB of free space (the amount it takes to install Hitman 2).

hello since one of the previous updates of hitman 2, when i load a savegame from isle of sgail the game crashes. Are you aware ? WHen can i expect a fix ?

I have an Xbox One. The missions for Hitman 2 are now inaccessible and the menu has them all red, including contracts, sniper mode, etc. The only missions I can play are Prologue and The Showstopper. All content from Hitman 1&2 has been dowloaded according to the Microsoft store. Thede access issues started with Legacy missions and now it’s worse. I have never seen an awesome game with so many problems. It would be great if the user community knew if this issues are part of IOI’s work to fix it. So far… I have seen nothing from the IOI team

The game crashes to desktop constantly. It has always crashed occasionally, but now I can only play about 10 minutes or so, and loading most save games crashes the game within 5 seconds.

I installed new nVidia drivers, reinstalled the game, checked the integrity of the game cache, tried running in “fullscreen” instead of “exclusive fullscreen”, didn’t help. Please fix this ASAP - the original HITMAN never crashed for me.

Specs:
i7-8086K
RTX 2080
32 GB RAM

@hitmanhitman

Any word on the HDR issues? Can’t play in exclusive fullscreen at all no matter what. Only way to get the game to actually run and work with HDR as of now is to connect two screens to the computer and disconnect and re-connect either an HDMI or DP cable from the second screen. Screen 1 = TV, screen 2 = monitor w/o HDR. Using and connecting only the TV doesn’t work with any resolution in exclusive fullscreen except for 4k.

Win 10 Pro build 1809
Right now geforce 417.71 (older ones doesn’t make any difference)
Win fully up to date
HDR on or off in win doesn’t matter
Neither in the game

Extremely annoying having to do this.

Game crashes constantly. Has happened on all the levels I have played multiple times.

I have seen this reported as a RTX issue but I am seeing it on a Vega 64.

Faulting application name: hitman2.exe, version: 2.12.0.0, time stamp: 0x5c1b7bca
Faulting module name: hitman2.exe, version: 2.12.0.0, time stamp: 0x5c1b7bca
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000114361df
Faulting process id: 0x2238
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4b036648489eb
Faulting application path: Q:\steamgames\steamapps\common\HITMAN2\retail\hitman2.exe
Faulting module path: Q:\steamgames\steamapps\common\HITMAN2\retail\hitman2.exe
Report Id: 75ba29c7-852f-4f77-94f3-ff5d53108a10
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Windows 10 1809
Vega 64 19.1.1 drivers
Ryzen 1600x

Graphics options don’t seem to matter.

It’s now been working 2+ hours without any crashes. The solution? Disabling nVidia G-Sync in the nVidia Control Panel. Oddly, I’m not using v-sync either and there’s no tearing. Good engine, I guess!

EDIT: Doesn’t work! Ran for one hour and now it constantly crashes again.

Did you notice the bit at the bottom where it said:

8 out of 197 found this helpful

2 months and I still can’t play the game properly - this is pathetic.

After patch 2.13 still very low GPU utilization. This resulting, in low FPS. Screenshot shows that. I cannot get a stable 60 FPS, although the GPU is only 57% loaded.

The same problem was in season 1 of the game, but DirectX 12 was there and the situation was noticeably better. Also game sometimes stutters. For example, when saving occurs, but not only at this moment. This spoils the impression of the game. I ordered the game as soon as it became available and really want to get pleasure, not disappointment. Please fix it problems.

Windows 10 Pro (x64) 1809, Core i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 16Gb RAM @ 1866MHz, MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8Gb (any driver).

Cannot start Hitman2 since new Patch today on Steam.

Crashing instantly on Game startup or trying to Benchmark in Options section.

Pleasee fix :confused:

My specs:
Ryzen 1600x ,
Asus RX Vega 64 Strix ,
Windows 10 ,
16GB DDR4 Ram,
Steam version

No word about DirectX12 in 2.13 changelog :frowning:

I will have to keep my GTX970 until when ? I will end up reselling my RTX2080… Game continue to crash (0x80000003) with RTX card and Directx11 perf with this game are catastrophic with high end GPU.

Greetings from Russia. In the mission “Colombia” the game began to fly to the desktop after three minutes of the game, it is impossible to play. I read that You’re working on this problem. We are waiting for a positive result.

Even post-patch, game crashes after 5 minutes of play. Tried reinstalling and changing options and nothing works.

When will this 0x8000003 crash be fixed? I’d like to actually do the elusive target this time around :frowning:

So i pay for a game witch i cant refund or play ,seriousy IOI?

As i can see in over 1000 reply´s ,that im not the only guy with 0x80000003 and this crash are more then 2 months old , you thing that anyone would by a game from IOI again?

Hi, I was looking at the recent update patches and it said expansion pack holders get some items n stuff and I have the gold edition of the game but it doesn’t say that I have the pass on the in game store tab but it does on my steam library.

I can’t find anything midnight on PS Store Hongkong,please help

Its coming, have some patience and check your Hitman 2 add-ons/dlcs in couple hours