Official HITMAN 2 Technical Support Thread

The Summer Suave Suit is currently bugged. It doesn’t count as a suit, it counts as its own disguise. This is also the case with the Cashmerian Suit.
Go ahead and choose any other suit you want to complete the Suit Only challenges.

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-2-august-update/

Again thank you for your time and advises. The problem was finally solved after upgrading OS to Windows 10.

Good choice and it’s good that problem is solved.
Enjoy your murders :slight_smile:

Hi all, I can’t seem to get the game to play in DX12. I can launch in DX11 but have the bug that after a while in-game it randomly crashes. But when I select DX12 from the launcher and click play, according to steam, it runs for a second or two, then stops. Nothing comes up on the screen so seems like a total failure to launch. I saw that someone else on here was having similar problems but they said it was fixed by installing Windows 10. Unfortunately I’m already running a clean install of Windows 10. I’m on a new PC build too so spec should be fine (GeForce RTX 2060).
Any ideas anyone? I try to have next to nothing running, so not sure of a conflict.

Faulting application name: hitman2.exe, version: 2.60.0.0, time stamp: 0x5d53fe5e
Faulting module name: hitman2.exe, version: 2.60.0.0, time stamp: 0x5d53fe5e
Exception code: 0x80000003
Fault offset: 0x00000000010b2264
Faulting process ID: 0x3468
Faulting application start time: 0x01d56cd0c4aa94f4
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\HITMAN2\dx12retail\hitman2.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\HITMAN2\dx12retail\hitman2.exe
Report ID: a297a7bd-6d72-49b8-abcb-2da2f95a85a0
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

1 Like

Oh, thanks for this Hardware. Had no idea it was so widespread. Trying now. Really terrible IO hasn’t communicated/acted on this since January.

They communicated/acted on this since January but without finding a solution, sadly. My game runs well with DX12 and Nvidia July driver. I do not want to update for the moment, I had 7 0x800000003 crashes in 2 days with the latest driver.

GPU: RTX 2080.

That’s too annoying. I’d rather not roll back for a specific game to a random driver when all my other games run well/better with recent patches. But I have a feeling mine won’t run on DX12 with a rollback - I’ve been trying every now and again since earlier in the year with no joy.

Thanks a ton, Ibbe040. I really appreciate your help!
I just hope the Summer Suave suit and the Cashmerian suit are fixed soon, as they are coincidentally my 2 favourites, yet the 2 bugged outfits…

Platform: PS4
Profile: olanmatt

I have played the game without issue since launch. Now when starting the game it fails to fetch profile from the Hitman 2 servers. I have tried…

• reinstalling the game
  • deleting all save data
  • a different console
  • WiFi and wired
  • CloudFlare and Google DNS

When using someone else’s profile on my console, it works fine. The problem seems to be associated with the profile itself. I do not appear to be the only one, the problem cropped up towards the end of August…

@ioi_christianco

Detta är en engelsk talande forum. Det är rekommenderad att du kan skriva på engelska istället så du kan få den hjälp du behöver. Det är massor av grymma personer här som kan hjälpa dig, men inte när det står på svenska.

This is a English speaking forum. It’s recommended that you write in English so you can recieve the help you need. There’s alot of great users here who can help you, but not if the text is in Swedish.

1 Like

@Travis_IOI @Clemens_IOI

So this is a wierd.
Platform is PS4.
Map: New York

When a player enters this room, video below, and then closes the door to the room where a man and woman are watching TV, while inside this room, the hallway doesn’t exist, and vice versa, when in hallway that room doesn’t exist.
After the door of the first room are closed and opened again, everything is back to normal, until the door from the room where tv is gets opened and closed again.
I know it’s a bit confusing, but video i provided and it shows what i mean.

is this the 0xc0000008 and or 0xc0000005 error?

System

|||- Provider

[ Name ] Application Error

|||- EventID 1005

[ Qualifiers ] 49152

Level 2

Task 100

Keywords 0x80000000000000

|||- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime ] 2019-09-19T15:38:45.885677300Z

EventRecordID 176

Channel Application

Computer DESKTOP-926PIHD

Security

- EventData

HITMAN 2

The error occurred in the program named: hitman2.exe, version 2.60.0.0, timestamp 0x5d53fc55
, the error occurred in the module named: hitman2.exe, version 2.60.0.0, timestamp 0x5d53fc55
Exception code: 0xc0000096
Error offset: 0x00000000011e5fb3
Process ID: 0x224c
Program start time: 0x01d56effe8db3120
Application Path: C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ HITMAN2 \ retail \ hitman2.exe
Path to module: C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ HITMAN2 \ retail \ hitman2.exe
Report ID: 7ef1e9be-bddd-45b4-8063-028627c3faf4
Full name of incorrect package:
Program ID available for incorrect package:

Bought expansion pass at 31st July 2019 while fail to access haven island at ps4 today. With prove of purchasing 20190924_231330|243x500
Playstation account: hiromuyip
IOI account: hiromuyip

You have to search for this DLC manually in your store and download it manually

(Failed to Initialize DirectX. This game requires a DirectX 11-capable graphics card.)

idk if this is the right place to post, but i use proton to play hitman 2 on steam.

im on linux and the game used to run perfectly before the new update, for some reason its now failing to detect my card, ive tried reverting to old proton builds, with no luck, so i came here wondering if anything changed internally with the update.

launcher runs, it shows my graphics card and dx11 is there, but when i go to click play the game fails to launch.

https://www.protondb.com/app/863550

cpu: amd fx-8350
gpu: gtx980
ram: 16gbs

1 Like

There’s a fix available now by editing DXVK conf that allows the game to run with Proton again: https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton/issues/2121#issuecomment-534686823

2 Likes

im playing on ps4 i tried downloading new update but i keep getting ce-34675-5 error and i dont know wat 2 do or how 2 fix