Official HITMAN 2 Technical Support Thread

Very bad performance. I can’t get a stable 60 FPS due to Very low gpu utilization.
Look at the screenshot (GPU utilization)

Why can’t you fix this problem? Why should I tolerate a low frame rate having a PC that can easily pull the game 60 FPS + Please pay attention to this issue. Guys, I ask, support me.

Windows 10 (x64) 1809, Core i7-4790K up to 4.40 GHz, 16 Gb RAM @ 1866 MHz, MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (416.94).

Having very bad issue. All levels were downloaded and playable the other day but now it’s saying some destinations are not intalled, to access go to the store, I go to the store and it says content is already installed. Need help.

Hello, I recently bought the silver eddition of the HITMAN 2 game and i downloaded it but am only able to play Hawks bay!!! why PLEASE HELP
XBOX one

I have had problems with this also, I bought the silver edition yesterday and can only play the first level, miami wont load either! takes me to the store to buy AGAIN!!!

I am on the Xbox One console, and I am unable to play the Legacy: Colorado destination. I own both Hitman 1 & 2 in digital format on the Xbox One, and I have downloaded the free legacy pack to have the complete season 1 experience on Hitman 2. The console displays the content as downloaded, but the game itself does not recognize the content. I have attempted at uninstalling & redownloading the Legacy: Colorado content, but I am experiencing the same issue over and over again. I am able to play the other missions, but I want to be able to go back to Colorado as well.

I have the same issue but for Legacy: Colorado instead. Please contact me if you find a way to resolve this issue.

Hey! Check out my explanation to a few other users about the new mastery unlocks and progression system for Season One inside of Hitman 2 over here on this thread!

Hope this clears things up :grin::call_me_hand:

Same for me since november 9, game update 2.11 doesn’t help, 5 crashs today.

Nom de l’application défaillante hitman2.exe, version : 2.11.0.0, horodatage : 0x5bec44f3
Nom du module défaillant : hitman2.exe, version : 2.11.0.0, horodatage : 0x5bec44f3
Code d’exception : 0x80000003
Décalage d’erreur : 0x000000000114c295
ID du processus défaillant : 0x1264
Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d483fe5a09803c
Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\HITMAN2\retail\hitman2.exe
Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\HITMAN2\retail\hitman2.exe
ID de rapport : 7ab76b0d-0ccd-484b-9ae2-1bca6016972c
Nom complet du package défaillant :
ID de l’application relative au package défaillant :

Same error every time in the system logs :

Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding

• Windows 10 Professional 1803 Build 17134.407
  • Intel Core i7 9700K 4.9 GHz
  • MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio
  • 16 GB DDR4 2666 MHz
  • Nvidia drivers : 416.94

Do you have any workaround ?

Hi guys. Got hit by a pretty nasty bug. I progressed in the Three Headed Serpent until the love letter, I picked it up, made a save, and then went and gave it to Hector. Followed him, he passed it to Martinez, and a couple seconds later the game crashed. I have repeated this 5-6 times (I made a save just before he gave her the letter). Restarted the pc, tried again, managed to progress until the kill, and then crashed anyway. Loaded up another mission - no problem. Loaded the save before I gave the letter to hector - crash after I ko a guard (repeated this three times).
This is pretty bananas, if I do say so myself, seems like I’m locked out of my current run, which is a couple days in at this point.
Would like some help!

Win 8.1, Intel 5820k, Gtx 1080

Here is the Windows log:
Faulting application name: hitman2.exe, version: 2.11.0.0, time stamp: 0x5bec44f3
Faulting module name: hitman2.exe, version: 2.11.0.0, time stamp: 0x5bec44f3
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000b3cabde
Faulting process id: 0xfe0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d48434489d2c1d
Faulting application path: G:\Games\steamapps\common\HITMAN2\retail\hitman2.exe
Faulting module path: G:\Games\steamapps\common\HITMAN2\retail\hitman2.exe
Report Id: 4caae23d-f028-11e8-82d0-d8cb8a9c8b48
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Attaching more logs and saves.

Hey guys. I download the HITMAN 2 prologue so I can play Legacy pack.
Can anybody tell me what will happen once I have the HITMAN 2 Gold Edition Disc?

Will it install over the Prologue I download from Playstation store? Or should I Uninstall prologue before I install the Disc?

Please help thank you guys.

@Travis_IOI

My frame rates plummet drastically in certain sections of a map, from 144 to ~20 fps (with a drop in CPU usage too).

This is especially prominent at Hawkes bay, at the swimming pool. This seem to be related to the shadows, as changing the Shadow Quality setting to Low improves this (from ~20 to ~70 fps), but it is still lower than other areas of the map (at 144 fps cap usually).

Win 10 Pro
i7 8700k
2 x GTX1070 SLI
32 Gb RAM
Nvidia 416.94

Seems like a similar issue to the above Official HITMAN 2 Technical Support Thread

Poor optimization on PC

I’ve got my bangkok Exploration challenge which doesn’t want to complete since i’ve made all the maps from the bottom floor to the top one but still this challenge won’t trigger it’s stuck at 37/38 i’m beginning to loose my mind…!

I have a question. I have completed a LOT of the challenges in Hitman, and when I came to Hitman 2 the completed challenges weren’t linked. I spent hours and hours into completing those challenges and I am not going to go through those hours again.

Is there a way to link the completed challenges or there just simply isnt?

The first day I was playing the game was fine, I decided to play on my TV via HDMI and everything went well, then when I put it back in my monitor to play, it started crashing. On the title screen where it says enter to play, any time I press enter the entire thing immediately shuts down. I have redownloaded it multiple times, restarted my PC, made sure antivirus wasn’t interfering and even tried redownloading on another hard drive and it still constantly crashes. I have been trying to fix it myself for hours now.

Good day! I play on PC windows 10 64 bit 8GB RAM and I even downloaded the nvidia driver for hitman 2
My game crashes whenever I’ll load Miami but it works just fine with the prologue parts. Any solutions to fix this?

Thanks!
Im looking forward to your service!!

I am playing on PS4 and I’ve been having some trouble. I bought Hitman 2 2 days ago and after downloading the game, when I try and play Miami or any other mission it says “Installing 82%” I reinstalled the game 3 times already and one night I left my PS4 like that on the Hitman home screen but the missions still didn’t load. Next night I tried to close the app but leave the disk in there so maybe it’ll work. No result.
Sometimes when I want to start Hitman 2 it says that the disc is dirty but after I restart the PS4 it’s works.

Oh and, I was able to play Nightcall by the way.

Platform: Xbox One

Issue:

#1 After downloading the Hitman 2 Prologue + Legacy Pack from the Xbox Store it‘s no longer possible to install the physical disc version of Hitman 2. In order to install it I had to delete the Hitman 2 download from my HDD.

#2 The Hitman Legacy Pack DLCs don’t show up in the manage game & add-ons section of Hitman 2 under „ready to install“. You have to search for the DLCs manually on the Xbox Store. On the Xbox Store you only can view the Legacy Pack bundle but not the individual DLCs (e.g. Legacy Bangkok). They seem to be hidden which makes it difficult to install them separately.

#3 Even after purchasing the full version of Hitman 2 the game is still labeled as „Hitman 2 - Prologue“ on players profiles (e.g. when viewing achievements).