Official HITMAN 2 Technical Support Thread

Going to join the group of people experiencing game crashing or game ruining bugs.

In two hours of attempted figuring it out I still will get several different bugs:

1. After about 5-10 minutes a straight to desktop crash, no error message, no nothing
  2. Game unable to load savegames, it simply loads them forever
  3. Crash while loading levels

I’d love to see if these issues can be addressed before I put money on this game. (Playing legacy pack at the moment) though I undersand devs are hopefully spending the holiday with their loved ones.

Happy to help in any way, and hoping this gets addressed as soon as reasonably possible.

Game freeze after pressing enter on title screen. Geforce GTX 1050 ti. All drivers are up-to date

Edit: deleting hitman.exe from retail folder and validating steam files worked

I can’t seem to start the “Holiday Hoarders” Mission in Hitman 2. I bought the Gold Edition of the game over a month ago and the Holiday Hoarders mission shows up as locked. I own the game on Steam and i couldn’t find a way to start the mission.Screenshot%20(2)

Hello i just wanna ask something before i buy it HITMAN™ 2 - Expansion Pass this dlc will give me acces to Hitman2 campaing?

Once I purchased the Standard Version of the game through Steam, I have started seeing this every time I launch the game. I have even tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Not sure what to do.

and yes, I have tried clicking the button “Retry” but to no avail.

Try to verify intergnity of game files by right clicking on hitman 2 preporties local files and verify intergnity of game files if that doesnt help i dont know.

i have the same issue and i still cant play connected to the server since i bought it

I cant connect to the server for days, it just says “connection failed” and a retry but anything happends, help me please

Hi everyone, XboxOne user here, I bought the disc version of Hitman 2 and downloaded the GOTY Legacy pack of season 1. All installed (almost) and seem to work fine so far, I only did the prologue, Paris and Sapienza with no bug. But here’s the problem : the mission Club 27 in Bangkok (4th mission) in season one didn’t install. When I check all missions from both seasons in game everything seems accessible except this one. In the Xbox App and Games management, the Bangkok mission doesn’t appear, and when I try to access it in game all content is red and directs me to the market place where it says that the Legacy pack is installed. Any tip, solution or else would be appreciated.

Thanks and merry christmas!
Snoop QC

Okay I’m not sure why it works now because all I did is wait overnight and now I can do everything. Thanks for everyone trying to help I really do appreciate it!

You only get the outstanding coin in Hitman 2 by completing an elusive target in silent assassin in Hitman 2016. The first ones that came out, not the reactivation ones.
If you did complete an ET on silent assassin rank on one of the first 26 targets, you should have the coin in Hitman 2

In the launcher menu, select options and remove “safeguards” or whatever is is called. It’s at the bottom

I got Hitman 2 Gold edition and it wont let me go online. This is the only game that it does this and my internet is fine im using steam and i have a omen x
Error image: https://gyazo.com/c8a8afdb76f4857e7c1ae30957d6f395

I’ve got the same problem aswel with “Whittleton Creek” on Xbox One, I bought the gold edition. When I install/reinstall this add-on it straight away say’s “Ready to start” its ~ 5.3/5.7 Gb? after that in game it turns up red, while the rest seems fine and tells me to buy this add-on/mission. I also tried to reinstall the whole game, I have ~ 90 Gb free space. No disk, bought it in the Microsoft Store. I hope there will come a solution to this bug seeing i’m not the only one. Thanks in advance, loves the game.

I’ve got the same problem aswel with “Whittleton Creek” on Xbox One, I bought the gold edition. When I install/reinstall this add-on it straight away say’s “Ready to start” its ~ 5.3/5.7 Gb? after that in game it turns up red, while the rest seems fine and tells me to buy this add-on/mission. I also tried to reinstall the whole game, I have ~ 90 Gb free space. No disk, bought it in the Microsoft Store. I hope there will come a solution to this bug seeing i’m not the only one. Thanks in advance, loves the game.

So, the Contract Assassin trophy on PS4 has not popped for me and I’ve done about 15 different contracts…

edit: It finally popped on my 18th contract… it’s pretty buggy guys.

Major problem : I can’t play hitman 2. I get error message as soon as i get to screen which it says click enter to continue / game crashes there and i get : “Hitman 2 has stopped working” error message. I was able to play until the last update / patch was pushed in.

Update / downgrade GPU driver

Clean GPU driver installed

tried clean boot

tried verify integrity file

uninstalled and installed hitman 2

uninstalled and installed steam

ran SFC scannow

this is very frustrating. Please help.

Operating System
** Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1**
CPU
** AMD FX-8120 **
** Zambezi 32nm Technology**
RAM
** 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 671MHz (9-9-9-24)**
Motherboard
** Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. GA-970A-D3 (Socket M2) **
Graphics
** 8192MB ATI Radeon RX 580 Series (XFX Pine Group)**

I have the exact same problem. I contacted WB games support, but so far they can’t fix it. I’m pretty sure some how the last update messed up the game. This is some thing that IO needs to look into. Also, I paid $100 for gold version and it’s useless. So who pays me back for missing Elusive targets ??

Very frustrating.

I try to connect to the Hitman 2 servers but it just keeps saying that the ‘Connection Failed’. This issue has been happening for the past 24 hours and have uninstalled the game then reinstalled again and still getting the same issue.
I am on the Xbox One X
download