Official HITMAN 2 Technical Support Thread

Im on PC, my CPU is an ADM FX{tm}-6300 Six-Core Processor. This is on all maps including all legacy ones too. The glass on each map including wine glasses and glass windows will have a massive reflection that sometimes fills the screen. It makes the game absolutely unplayable. I have tried turning off reflections and this doesn’t help.
Screenshots are on steam:

I simply cannot run the Holiday Hoarder pack.
I’ve tried to run it but steam seems to not allow me to, messed with antivirus, etc.
Is there anyway I could get the online content from the Holiday Hoarder pack without installing it?

I bought the game 14 hours ago on steam and couldn’t connect.
I tried right now several times after restarts of client, machine and steam and still:
CONNECTION FAILED on PC.

https://hitmanstat.us/ says: everything is UP.

Can anybody confirm?!

I’m playing on a Playstation 4 Pro.

The problem I’m having is when the game is coming out of a suspend state, such as when the PS4 is put into sleep mode or when the game is suspended to run a media app, the game immediately crashes.

[SOLVED]
I dont know how, asked a friend who i share an xbox live account with to install the game and see if he had the same problem, did this and no problem at all so i decided for the 8th time to reinstall the gold edition Hitman 2 again… and the content did appear like it should be! now i really can’t explain how in the hell but my problem is solved and it just might help some other Xbox one players with this problem!

I replied on another’s post of broken content on the Xbox One about Whittleton Creek doesn’t want to install after reinstalling the game aswell the content’s file serveral times. I own the Hitman GOTY Lagacy pack, Hitman 2 - Prologue and I bought the gold edition Hitman 2. Here are two screenshots so we can see what we mean.

I’ve tried everything if I manage the game and uninstall Whittleton Creek and install it again (5.4Gb) it starts to load and after about 5 seconds it pops up “Ready to play”. “edit, I noticed there was an little update 2-1-2019 maybe it solved someones problem but my game is still broken…”.

This is what i get

PS4 pro latest patch (2.12 - hot fix #2)

Was suppose to fix the crashing issues but the funny thing is, I have never experienced crashes in H2 until after this patch released. Now I get them randomly after a flash bomb, during any other gameplay, and mostly, when I put my PS4 pro and hitman 2 into rest mode, when I start it up again, the game has to reconnect to the servers. While it does this, it freezes and then crashes the game almost every time.

Im fed up and frustrated with this game its broken! Im on my 3rd reinstall of this game on my xbox, continues to tell me that certain maps and (sniper mode) is not installed. Then directs me to game store to get access just to direct me to select play!!! Meaning its installed I know that!!! BUT still it will not let me play the game on those maps!!

****** SOLUTION UPDATE FOR PC USERS ******

WB game tech support were doing bunch of troubleshooting with me an Non worked until today .

They told me to try playing the game under a new Administrator Profile on my PC , and IT FREAKING WORKED.

Just creat a new admin user account and please the game under that account.

Didn’t work for me unfortunately. Created a new admin account, even started steam with admin privelages. No dice. Still crashes after pressing Enter.

In the Hokkaido Legacy level I’m experiencing a CTD at a specific point of the level. Every time I go to the Fugu and slice it open (following the Thrill Seeker mission story) it finishes the animation of cutting the poison from the fish then the game crashes back to the PS4 desktop. I’ve tried this several times and have been able to replicate this every time even after turning off and restarting the system.

I’m currently playing all the Legacy Levels because I want to complete every challenge. I’m currently playing in Marrakesh but I’m not able to finish the “Explore Marrakesh” challenge.
I know that the in-game map helps you with an icon that shows the unexplored location, so I visited every place shown by the map, but at the end the challenge says 22/23 locations discovered. Where can I find the last location I need? I visited every place in the map again and again but I cannot complete the challenge. Is that a bug?

TLDR: Repeated CTD, 0xc0000005, many saves, many dumped/hidden bodies.

Loading a save after making it through half of the level hiding many bodies and saving very often,
I get a crash to desktop with no visible feedback withing several seconds to 1 minute.

Event manager shows:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: hitman2.exe, Version: 2.12.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x5c1b7bca
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: hitman2.exe, Version: 2.12.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x5c1b7bca
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x000000000b543ccd
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x2fa4
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d4a111897067e4
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: F:\games\Steam\steamapps\common\HITMAN2\retail\hitman2.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: F:\games\Steam\steamapps\common\HITMAN2\retail\hitman2.exe
Berichtskennung: ae184774-55e6-4247-928d-cfd52b7d9f13
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets: 
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist: 

System: Windows 10, GTX 1070

Hey IO Interactive? Holidays are over. It’s about time you respond to technical issues from your community again. Still can’t play the game after your patch broke it for me. Missed an illusive target because of that as well, so thanks for that.

Every time I try to complete Photobomb on Steam (the Paris challenge for blowing up Novikov with the camera) it never goes through. He’ll walk outside the building, wait for a few seconds and walk back in, this is because the reporter just vanishes. I’ve tried this multiple times and it still happens.

I am playing on PC.

Hi.
I recently purchased hitman 2, aswell as hitman. However my game keeps crashing after around 10mins of gameplay. And I also have problems even starting the game at all. I get the meny for the game, where I can choose to “play” or “quit” or"settings". I press play, and are just met with a loading arrow for aprox 10sec, then the game quits. It shouldnt be a problem at all with my spec, since I got:
Rtx 2080 Turbo
I5 9600k
16gb ram 2666mhz
So I don’t think it’s a problem with my spec.
(All my hardware is fully updated)

Hey Travis, hope you had a pleasent holiday.
Now I don’t mean to be rude, but I have not had any response from you guys about my issue with the game. That being that I can’t play it anymore because the latest patch broke it. Can you guys PLEASE help me out?

As many other are reporting, I am experiencing crashing to the desktop very often. There are times where the game will crash 3 times in a row before I can get it to load a level with crashing almost immediately. I get no error message, the game just crashes…

Windows 10 Pro v1809
Ryzen 2700X
Nvidia RTX 2070 Founders Edition
16 GB DDR 2600 RAM

On another note, it is almost impossible to keep this game at 60 FPS. Doesn’t matter if you turn the resolution and settings down, levels just have areas that slow down.

I’m coming in to echo the concerns about Hitman 2 CTD w/o error messages. It is constant and completely random; rarely, I can make it through an entire mission, other times the game is instantly crashing every 30 seconds to a minute of attempted play.To ensure it isn’t the savegame bug, I’m always playing on fresh saves at this point. I’m running an RTX 2080 and i5-8400.

I love this game, I’m so glad it was able to be made, and I really want to play and support it, but as it stands it just… doesn’t work. I can’t play more than a minute or two at a time without a CTD. I’m missing all of the holiday elusive targets because of this, and I haven’t even been able to complete the new levels. Some sort of response from the team that at least acknowledges the issue and that it is being worked on would be deeply appreciated - I know how hard and multifaceted gamedev can be, but I also really want to play your game!

On the main menu under the destinations tab it doesn’t show all of the challenges I completed for Miami or Santa Fortuna. When I select those destinations it still shows up wrong, but when I am in the level itself it says they are done.

I can only post one picture but when I’m in game it says I’ve completed way more than 67% of the challenges in Miami.

I just want my destinations tab on the main menu screen to reflect the correct number of challenges I’ve completed. What can I do?