Official HITMAN 2 Technical Support Thread

PS4 - Game crashes after being suspended in Rest Mode.

Frequency: always
Reproducible: yes

Description:
Put the PS4 into Rest Mode with Game Suspension active.
Restart the PS4.
Game starts up, tries to Connect to Servers, then the game freezes.
A few seconds later, I get the Blue Screen with an error code.
Happened once in Hawke’s Bay Level, twice so far while playing Legacy Pack content.

PS4 Pro EU, Digital Edition, Legacy GOTY pack installed, Hitman 1 still installed.

I have started to experience crashes during “Three headed snake” mission, on cocaine plantation. When I have loaded my save game I wait 4 minutes then the game closes without any errors and I find my self on desktop screen.
Crashes have started to occur after 4 hours of a play session in this mission.
I have saved my progress in one single slot.

System specs:
Windows 10
Intel i7-8700
16 Gb RAM
Nvidia GTX 1060

System specs:
Windows 10
Intel i7-6700k
32 Gb RAM
Nvidia GTX 1070

I dont know what triggers it but it seems to happen when you equip a sniper from the briefcase and use the scope immediately. If you save and reload or restart it will go back to normal.

I Have an update regarding my problem.
After I have loaded save game where I experience a problem, I got a heavy performance hit on my hard drive, where the game is located, until the crash.
Maybe it will help. Highlited row is the hard drive.

Windows 10. The game intermittently stalls when loading a save game. Only way to dismiss the loading bar is to ALT-F4. Steam version. This has been an issue since I bought the game.

Ps4 Hitman 2
I cannot finish legacy Colorado Freedom Fighters. Every single time I enter the tornado bunker, the game instacrashes. I have tried with different suits, disguises, SOSA but non have stopped the crash.

my processor intle core i5 -73000HQ CPU 2.50GHZ GTX1050 and when i press start its not loding its just loading and then its not working

and also platfom steam pc

Is this a bug i got the showstopper mission for hitman for the ps4 and i had it for 1 or 4 days then i could not access it anymore. if someone could help that would be great.

other image

So, I bought Hitman 2 Gold Edition for Steam, but now it won’t let me play the game. I press run game, it shows the launcher, I press Play, and then it just shut downs without letting me play.
Gif of the problem (One Drive): https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjlGE9ZfXfpDgUA-tA8BcCkv15Sj

I use steam. Within the last few days I’ve had a problem where when I open my library Hitman 2 is greyed out. It’s almost as if steam forgets the game is installed. When I click “install” on the same drive it is installed, the game then rediscovers all the files, but this usually takes a few minutes.

This has happened twice already within the last two days, which is strange because I only ever recall this happening once to me in the past with a different game. Another problem this adds is that, even though the game is installed, in order for steam to rediscover the files there must be over 100 GB of free space (the amount it takes to install Hitman 2).

hello since one of the previous updates of hitman 2, when i load a savegame from isle of sgail the game crashes. Are you aware ? WHen can i expect a fix ?

I have an Xbox One. The missions for Hitman 2 are now inaccessible and the menu has them all red, including contracts, sniper mode, etc. The only missions I can play are Prologue and The Showstopper. All content from Hitman 1&2 has been dowloaded according to the Microsoft store. Thede access issues started with Legacy missions and now it’s worse. I have never seen an awesome game with so many problems. It would be great if the user community knew if this issues are part of IOI’s work to fix it. So far… I have seen nothing from the IOI team

The game crashes to desktop constantly. It has always crashed occasionally, but now I can only play about 10 minutes or so, and loading most save games crashes the game within 5 seconds.

I installed new nVidia drivers, reinstalled the game, checked the integrity of the game cache, tried running in “fullscreen” instead of “exclusive fullscreen”, didn’t help. Please fix this ASAP - the original HITMAN never crashed for me.

Specs:
i7-8086K
RTX 2080
32 GB RAM

@hitmanhitman

Any word on the HDR issues? Can’t play in exclusive fullscreen at all no matter what. Only way to get the game to actually run and work with HDR as of now is to connect two screens to the computer and disconnect and re-connect either an HDMI or DP cable from the second screen. Screen 1 = TV, screen 2 = monitor w/o HDR. Using and connecting only the TV doesn’t work with any resolution in exclusive fullscreen except for 4k.

Win 10 Pro build 1809
Right now geforce 417.71 (older ones doesn’t make any difference)
Win fully up to date
HDR on or off in win doesn’t matter
Neither in the game

Extremely annoying having to do this.

Game crashes constantly. Has happened on all the levels I have played multiple times.

I have seen this reported as a RTX issue but I am seeing it on a Vega 64.

Faulting application name: hitman2.exe, version: 2.12.0.0, time stamp: 0x5c1b7bca
Faulting module name: hitman2.exe, version: 2.12.0.0, time stamp: 0x5c1b7bca
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000114361df
Faulting process id: 0x2238
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4b036648489eb
Faulting application path: Q:\steamgames\steamapps\common\HITMAN2\retail\hitman2.exe
Faulting module path: Q:\steamgames\steamapps\common\HITMAN2\retail\hitman2.exe
Report Id: 75ba29c7-852f-4f77-94f3-ff5d53108a10
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Windows 10 1809
Vega 64 19.1.1 drivers
Ryzen 1600x

Graphics options don’t seem to matter.

It’s now been working 2+ hours without any crashes. The solution? Disabling nVidia G-Sync in the nVidia Control Panel. Oddly, I’m not using v-sync either and there’s no tearing. Good engine, I guess!

EDIT: Doesn’t work! Ran for one hour and now it constantly crashes again.