Official HITMAN 2 Technical Support Thread

I’m having the same problem

The game crashes to desktop while loading anything but sniper mode - no error message

Xbox One

Standard Edition

I’ve installed all missions, but Santa Fortuna is marked with ‘Get Access’ even though I have it installed. I uninstalled and reinstalled it again but it’s still telling me I need to get access for it.

Glad I’m not the only one. I reached Sapienza Mastery Level 20 by completing The Author and I didn’t get the achievement either.

Hopefully IOI will read this and fix it in the next patch…

I also thought I was the only one.

Yeah, I hope it’s fixed. Hokkaido is my favorite location of season 1, and it happened to me in there and in Sapienza

Yes, the same problems.

The Patient Zero campaign didn’t have Mission Mastery in H2016 (similar to the Bonus Episodes), I’m guessing that’s the case here as well. You get XP for the Profile, but Mission Mastery is actually related to the Mission, not the Location. Ergo, “Sapienza Mastery Level” is actually “World of Tomorrow Mastery Level”.

@XenoStep as well, as it sounds like we share the same problem.
When did you download those maps?
For me things worked out automatically. When I went to the Xbox store the day before yesterday and searched for Hitman 2, standard edition, it said I already had it installed but that it would be available on 14/11 starting from midnight.
It appears to me that after downloading, you need to wait until midnight until you can actually play what you downloaded.
Hope this helps.

I just installed Nvidia’s new drivers (they came out yesterday) and an SLI profile is now working correctly but SLI has a problem where certain areas like the rooftop in paris will have massive slow down that is even slower than single card mode. This problem occurred after Nvidia’s SLI profile was made available for Hitman 2016 as well. Same problem as two years ago. I imagine IOI knows how to fix it. Just giving a heads up that whatever the fix was in 2016, needs to be patched into 2018 once again. Hoping a quick fix will be made available. Really want to play but my Monitor is 4K and I need both of my cards to push that resolution at a consistent 60 FPS.

Hi,

So, apparently the second season doesn’t support AMD Phenom 2 CPU’s. When I try starting any mission from the second season, it just crashes to my desktop without any error message.
Many people here seem to have the same problem.

It is just frustrating seeing all this great content, but being unable to actually play it.

Greetings

Not a major bug but there is a bug related to sound. Sometimes all the NPCs will act like they are talking but their voice is absent.
This happens when you change audio setting when you are ingame.
I changed from surround to headphone while playing and all sound except background sound just stopped working.
This also happened at livestream by one of the IOI developer.

Hi my name is Jonathan. I bought the collectors edition of hitman 2 and I bought the steelbook edition of hitman 1 first season last year. I’m on xbox one. I’m trying to receive my legacy pack and it is not working. The first game prompts me to the xbox store to download it, and it says its unavailable. I called xbox support and they said I needed to get ahold of you guys to find out what happened. Is there anyway I can get my legacy pack? That would be great. Thanks! Also love your games. :slight_smile:

Hello, so after upgrading to 16GB of RAM from 8GB, the stuttering is completely gone and game is playable, however, what causes the absurd RAM usage? I am playing miami, at the start of the mission MSI Afterburner shown 12GB, now it is 15GB, what the hell? Also, in task manager, the game process uses only 4GB of ram, so what is happening to the rest? Is the game reserving such large amount or ram or something? This happens to me for the first time and is happening only when playing THIS game.

All time stable 60fps, game saves and fps drop to 20 or screen is frozen for 0.5s. Its very annoying. Any solutions ?

PC, GTX 1070, i5, 16GB RAM

Yes. I turned off autosave and it still saves game just not in my menu but on server. This is false option to turn off autosave. Autosves will never turn off.

I’m currently running into an issue playing the Colombia mission where it will crash when your about 4 minutes in. Regardless where you go.

Looking at event viewer the first crash happened because of the physx3_x64.dll. And that happened just after the briefcase hit someone. The next two crashes was because of hitman2.exe with me just exploring around.

My system specs are as listed.

CPU: 7600k @4.8Ghz
RAM: HyperX FURY 16gb kit
GPU: Zotac 1050 ti
PSW: 500w EVGA Bronze
MOBO: ASUS Prime Z270-a
SSD: Samsung 850 evo sata.

I am unable to launch the game. When I press play, it says that I am playing the game on steam however the game isnt loading up

I have been getting this for the last two days and I cant find a fix. I bought the gold edition and it was working just fine but now I cant even enjoy the game.

Playing on Xbox One and the Santa Fortuna mission says that I have not installed this content even though it shows on my list of installed items

suffering from crashes in 3rd Mission on the main story (hitman 2), getting the following error codes:

Faulting application name: hitman2.exe, version: 2.10.1.0, time stamp: 0x5be4326f
Faulting module name: hitman2.exe, version: 2.10.1.0, time stamp: 0x5be4326f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000155fddd
Faulting process id: 0x878
Faulting application start time: 0x01d47c604f787026
Faulting application path: E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\HITMAN2\retail\hitman2.exe
Faulting module path: E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\HITMAN2\retail\hitman2.exe
Report Id: 1f69ad59-c90b-462a-b828-32e41e11093e
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Win 10 Pro
Ryzen 1600x (No OC)
RX 580 8GB (No OC)
8GB RAM
HDD installation