Name of Contract: Betrothal Betrayal
Contract ID: 1-10-3652533-28
Why the contract should be featured:
- Story Drama
It kinda fits in with canon – as a daughter of a prominent Yakuza clan, Yuki’s parents may have made arrangements with betroth Yuki to the son of another Yakuza clan as a power play. The thing is, story-wise, Yuki is totally serious and not playing around because she really is working for a secret organization (Providence). Unfortunately for her, her betrothed didn’t believe her, and when confronted with the lack of evidence, decided to eliminate anyone who might even remotely be Yuki’s secret paramour.
It is the client that has a broken heart, and the rich irony is that those who have played through the story in either Hitman or Hitman 2 knows that the client’s jealousy is totally without merit, and deep down this mission stands as a silent commentary about the arbitrary and capricious nature of jealousy. Because of that, five innocent people (well, innocent at least with respect to this matter) will needlessly and pointlessly lose their lives in violent manners.
A side note: Too bad the description is restricted to 500 characters. Otherwise a few more details could be written making for a more compelling story.
- Technical Difficulty
Complications: Targets Only, Do Not Get Spotted, No Recordings, No Bodies Found, No Disguise Change, Headshots Only (Optional), No Pacifications
- Amos Dexter was supposed to be a Striker kill, but sadly it appears I cannot specify the exact type of Pistol used to make the kill.
- This mission is of moderate difficulty, and will not be possible to players who haven’t unlocked ability to bring in Starting Gear in Hokkaido.
- I considered adding in the Perfect Shooter as a Complication, but while very possible, felt it would’ve been too restrictive even as an Optional Complication. For some reason it seems no one likes this Complication, probably because it removes a major tool (i.e. Bullet Distractions) from many players’ toolbox.
1. Due to the kill conditions imposed on the targets, players will quickly find that they are very restricted to the equipment they can bring into the field.
2. This precludes usual standbys on this level such as breaching charges and electronic lock picks. And because the player will not be able to bring everything needed as starting gear, at least one of the equipment will need to be procured on-site.
3. The player will also find that at least one of the weapons used must be loud, and make plans to deal with it after the target is eliminated.