Patient Zero Question

Sorry if this has been asked before, I had a quick look down the recent threads and didn’t see anything. How many people can end up infected and how long does it take? Has anyone experimented with this?

I imagine not everyone would have a route that results in infection, but it must be the vast majority of the map, surely?

Curious for the sake of doing a Silent Assassin, Kill Everyone run some day!

From what I remembered, up to 140 npcs can be infected without interferring. Some npcs like two guards patrolling the mountain path, or two resort staffs in Yuki’s suite are safe from infection.

It also took me about 40 minutes.

2 Likes

Did you test that yourself? If so, roughly how long did you just wait?

Yes, I was bored so deciding to do this. Natural infection took about 40 minutes, I think.

1 Like

That’s the sort of thing I’d do! I only asked here because I don’t have access to my PS4 for a few hours and it popped into my head and was bugging me :stuck_out_tongue:

I bet, knowing IO, there’s some obscure combination of routes that only cross after like an hour (or more) of gameplay, and that leads to the whole map being infectable somehow!

1 Like

Ok, let’s go.

There are 140 infectable NPCs on the level.
139 healthy and Owen Cage himself.
To infect everyone will take you about 20-40 minutes, depending on route and overall playing speed.

To kill everybody in silent assassin mode will take you about 2,5-3 hours, maybe less, depending on your intentions and style.
In ‘I don’t give a shit’ mode it can take about 30 minutes, but with about 122-125 infected.

About 30-40 (or even less) NPCs you should infect manually, after the whole 5 minutes run.

Something like this

4 Likes

I can tell you that it is the yoga instructor who takes the infection out of the staff areas and into the public areas. That’s when shit really gets fucked.

1 Like

If to wait until this to happen it will take around 45 minutes.
Don’t forget about those people in hazmat suits

1 Like

Nice! Is this own research, or something you’ve seen elsewhere?

I always knew he was dodgy!

Of course! All the hazmat guys are immune unless knocked out and stripped!

I’m doing this shit myself for couple of months now

And to do all of that, to infect all protected will take about 10-20 minutes, depending on your style

1 Like

I’m shooting for silent assassin when I do this, so pretty slow and methodical, hiding as many bodies as possible, etc.

To hide all the bodies in the abyss (I’m doing this, never use crates) will take up to 3 hours

2 Likes

Wait, what?! Abyss???

I don’t know how to call this right. I mean this kind of places

3 Likes

Nah mate it’s like 15 mins.

I mean to infect all 139 NPCs.
Do you mean this too?

Oh, I thought you meant for the yoga guy to move the infection to public areas. Nevermind.

Updating a little info here, after hiding in a closet and basically doing nothing for 1 hour, there were 86 NPCs would infect each other without players’ interference.

3 Likes

But it’s too long to wait.
In 40-45 minutes (or even 20-25) you can infect everyone with some moving around.
It’s 15 minutes less.
Sometimes it can take you 15-20 minutes to kill all.
So you save about 20 minutes of time

1 Like

Yes, it is a long waiting. It serves no purpose on kill them all challenges, just an observation of NPCs’ routines.

1 Like