Player-Made Elusive Contracts (PS4)

This is a friendly (and experimental) competition for Hitman Forum members who play on PlayStation 4.

The rules are simple:

1. Turn INSTINCT, NPC ICONS and the MINI-MAP off in the options menu, simulating the traditional “purist” experience. All other gameplay assists may be left on.

2. Play the contract posted below ONCE, and once only, without restarting for any reason, simulating a real-life hit, with only one, solitary, chance to succeed. Also please resist watching other people’s videos before attempting the contract yourself, in the name of fairness.

3. Post a screenshot of your results page, or a video of your run, here in the forum before the contract expires in 48 hours. (Scoresheets and videos should, preferably, be accompanied by a short written message stating clearly that you have, or have not, followed the rules properly, e.g. “I have followed all rules”, or “I have not followed all rules”, making it easier for others to spot which runs are official and which are not.)

Contracts begin at 6 p.m. GMT, British time (which is 1 p.m. EST, North-American time), and end 48 hours (2 days) later at the exact same time, e.g. if a contract begins a 6 p.m./1 p.m. on Friday, then it ends at 6 p.m./1 p.m. on Sunday … and the following contract begins at the exact same time the old contract ends, lasting for the next 48 hours, and so on, and so on … for as long as Hitman Forum members want to play.

The rule is that the person who achieves the best score at the end of 48 hours wins the competition, and also wins the privilege of choosing and posting the contract that everyone else will play for the next two days. This contract can be one of the winner’s own creation, or can be a contract created by another player. But the contract posted should, whenever possible, have some kind of story-based briefing description, just like the Elusive Contracts posted by Io Interactive. These story-based descriptions don’t have to be masterpieces of espionage fiction, but they should provide at least one line of context for the contract, e.g.

Briefing:

“Good afternoon, 47. Your target is a known murderer who has escaped capture in seven states. Our client wants him dead before he can escape again.”

How creative you get with descriptions is entirely up to you.

I’m not sure if this will work, or if there will be any sustained interest in it, but I personally think Elusive Contracts are the most enjoyable and challenging part of the Hitman experience, and this is my attempt to partially recreate that experience multiple times a week, with the co-operation of the Hitman community.

So, without further ado, here’s the first contract. It’s one of my own, and something that isn’t too intricate, to get us started:

This first contract begins NOW and ends in two days time, on Sunday, at 6 p.m. GMT (1 p.m. EST), at which point the winner, the person with the best score, will take over from me and post the next contract, along with the next contract’s expiration date, and so on, and so on, according to the rules stated above.

Important note: There is, unfortunately, no way to verify that everyone taking part in this competition will abide by the THREE RULES I described at the beginning of this post … so we have to trust one another for this to work. All competitors should be aware that they have absolutely nothing to gain by cheating (there are no shiny new suits to win here), and that if even one person cheats he ruins the experience for everyone else who takes part.

It should also be noted that the person who posts the contract cannot take part in the contest. Winning earns you a two-day break from murdering folks, e.g. I will not be playing this contract myself, because I posted it, but I will play the new contract that is posted on Sunday by the winner of this contract.

(P.S. Of course, I’d prefer the entire Hitman community to be involved in this, but that currently isn’t possible for practicality reasons that I have explained in numerous posts below. Therefore this competition is solely for PS4 players. If people wish to create an identical thread for Xbox players, and another identical thread for PC players, they are more than welcome to do so, and they are welcome to copy and paste my description of the rules into those threads.)

Good luck to everyone who managed to read all this, and who feels like taking part. :slight_smile:

Agent 47: Birth of the Hitman Comic Book

I hate being on XB1. I would recreate the contract, but right now i don’t have my Xbox.

I considered getting everyone involved and having people recreate contracts on each platform, but I realized that recreating contracts becomes extremely arduous – if not impossible – when all of the targets are faceless individuals scattered all over the map. Things would get far too messy and complicated and people would drop out, so I’ve come to the reluctant conclusion that this competition should be for PS4 players only. :slight_smile:

And, as I’ve said, if people want to, they can create sister competitions for Xbox and PC, with identical thread titles, i.e.

Player-Made Elusive Contracts (PC)
Player-Made Elusive Contracts (Xbox One)

And they can copy and paste what I’ve written above into those threads.

Okay, I’ll make one when I get back. It’s a good idea, I look firward to seeing the contracts.

Thank you. It’s totally experimental, and it might not take off, but I think it’s better than nothing, and it’s better than waiting two or more weeks for the next official Elusive to arrive.

No problem @David47
20 characters

I also thought that making it a “purist difficulty” competition would challenge players in a way that many people haven’t experienced, even in official elusives.

@David47 do the contracts have to be one person?

No. Contracts can be however you want them to be, with any optional conditions you prefer. There are no limits on how you create the contract. You have complete freedom, as always.

I just wanted to start with something pretty simple.

But I think – in order to the emulate Io’s Elusive Contracts – it’s better if contracts have some kind of narrative to go with them, however minimal. It’s nice to know something about your target(s) in a roleplaying situation, I think.

@David47 I think one or two-person contracts would be a good size. After all, we are playing them purist.

I don’t want to set limits on contract creation, but I think keeping the number of targets low to begin with is a very good idea.

I play on purist exclusively, after spending a lot of time initially alternating between using instinct and not using instinct, and I can say with some assurance that using instinct makes the game far easier, so that rule is non-negotiable. Having instinct off means that nobody has x-ray vision, the most overpowered ability in the game, and it will force people to look at the map and examine what their targets actually look like to make positive IDs.

But, as a roleplayer myself, I absolutely agree with you on the second point. My 47 walks almost everywhere. Running where running isn’t appropriate ruins a lot the immersion for me.

If you have a good way “scoring” a contract without using the actual score (which takes competition-time into account) I’m open to suggestions.

Edit: Oh, I’m sorry. You’re absolutely right about the MINI-MAP!

I forgot all about it. I thought you were talking about the normal map. Yes, the mini-map also has to be turned off and I’ll add that to the original post. Thank you! I always play with the mini-map off; that’s why it must have slipped my mind. I never see it. :slight_smile:

Edit: DONE! Everyone please re-read the rules. The mini-map must be turned completely off, too.

No instint means that you can’t make contracts with non-unique NPCs,however.

Oh dear, this has put a spanner in the works :joy:.

But we can just create the contracts with instinct.

Yes you can but then how would you know which NPC to kill? There are clones everywhere :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

Yes you can. You just have to use your pause-menu map to find out where they are, and then identify them by their appearance, using the info. provided in the “objectives” window.

I’ve played and created many contracts without using instinct.

It’s not as easy as running after the glowing red person you can see through walls … but that’s the point. I want this to be more a of a Hitman simulation, like ETs were supposed to be. :wink:

People are going to have to play them at a more realistic, methodical pace.

@TheOneWhoKnocks the normal map shows them. Also, as far as I know, 47 is the only clone in any of the maps :wink:

I see, that could work I guess. I will give this a try later, I still have to do the real elusive on my main account.

OK, cool. Good luck.